No announcement yet.

Tincture question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alltatup 11-13gr fit just fine. I put in whole bud. No 2nd wash. The 250 micron/60 mesh bags seem to retain all plant material except the tric husks. Let me add that I use the Source Extractor to reduce volume by half and reclaim the Everclear. I've never reduced to oil or goo so can't speak to that process. I do dissolve .25 gr decarbed rosin per ounce of tinc to kick it up a notch. Hope this and pics help. Click image for larger version

Name:	FSCN0097.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	204686Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0086.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	204687Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0093.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	204688Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0094.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	204689Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0091.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	204690Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0088.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	204691

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      So how much of that do you take? Like a drop at a time??? ;-} What's the high like for you?

quirk Oh man, that sounds fantastic! AND, I just ordered the Source, it should be here by the end of the week. I'm so excited I just can't wait!! I'll bet you've read Ichiban's articles on making concentrates? I can't sleep I'm so excited!!!

The pics are fantastic, AND I have the Nova as well!! (Another indispensible machine.) I see that you really don't handle the bud much at all, so no breakage of membranes, right?

Why don't you do a second wash? There's really no good stuff left?

After I got the Nova in November, I started making tincture and fell totally in love with it. Tincture high is far and away my favorite high; I find it extremely therapeutic and long-lasting. Just got the Rubi vape pen for oils and liquids, so as soon as Source gets here, I'm making some concentrate for the pen. My next batch of tincture: I'll use your method and reduce the volume like you do. I'll bet it's exquisite.

Let's start a Source topic!! I started a Nova thread last November, and a bunch of folks on the forum ended up getting one.
    {"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"134555","data-size":"small"} After all the research I've done

This is info to be shared as well, and I think you should put your pictures and tutorial up. We can have a Concentrates Corner!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup I don't do a 2nd wash because I ingest the bud used for extraction. Every night, 2 hrs. before I turn in, I mix 2ml tinc w/ .5gr stripped bud in cup of yogurt. It's been a game changer for me.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool, quirk. I also started eating leaves (trimmed during flower) last Fall and had some incredible experiences. But I got so high that I only do that on special occasions. May I ask, How has it affected you?

My overall health has improved in various ways from taking the tincture daily.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Quirk I have been following alone I am just getting into tinctures and oils I have a nova for decarbing , I eat some form of cannabis every night for pain .so my question is eating the bud how potent is it after the 1st wash? would it affect you with out the tincture ? ATU I'm still eating those leafy omelets but now I add onion ,garlic leafs and asparagus for an all around tasty breakfast

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool ojh. I got my good leaves stored in freezer.

oldjarhead100 You will get a " lesser effect or benefit" of all cannabinoids remaining in stripped material. I also decarb the material after I press for rosin and those rascals are still plenty psychoactive. If I started my day off with one of your omelets, I'd never make it to the golf course!
      Last edited by quirk; 05-31-2018, 08:31 PM. Reason: I wasn't lucid at time of first reply.

Comment

alltatup I have never slept better or woke up feeling so relaxed and with such a sense of well being. No sleep apnea, insomnia, depression, no 4-6 trips to the bathroom every night and no more daily joint pain and muscle aches. I have not felt this good or slept this well since I was 60 years old. Cannabinoid pharmacology will be huge.

Comment

quirk

What you say is very akin what I have experienced using my tinctures over the past 6 months. "Such a sense of well being" says it all, and my joint pain slowly but surely decreased; it's really amazing how it crept up on me, as my being got more and more saturated with and adjusted to the medicine. For real, my consciousness has been transformed, and I'm moving closer and closer to 0 anxiety. My relationship to what I perceive as the nature of reality has shifted, both within and without. My focus is on Mother Nature now, not Trump. My relationships are more serene.

I will definitely try eating the bud at night after I make my next tincture.

May I ask, what strains do you prefer? My best tincture so far:
          White Widow (Dutch Passion, genetics: "Genuine 1980s F1 White Widow Southern India indica x Brasilian sativa."),
          Iced Grapefruit (Fem. Sds, Ice x Grapefruit, Sat. dom.), and
          Lithium OG Kush (Nirvana, OG Kush x Master Kush).

I absolutely love making my own hybrid combinations; the synergy becomes so powerful. I'm also a devoted member of the kush club, which I love to vape.

I made a CBD Nordle tincture--excellent and serene. My Source extractor arrived yesterday, so today I'm making some CBD Nordle oil for my vape pen.
          Last edited by alltatup; 05-17-2018, 01:46 AM.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• quirk
            quirk commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much for the pm. We may be on a parallel course. Zensation and CBD Star. Oldjarhead100 mentioned a strain w/18% CBD that I'm going to try. Thanks alltatup.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Those strains look fabulous, quirk!! ;-}

quirk I always wondered about that left over bud if there was any thing left to it so now I know thanks .

you guys are so far ahead of me but i'll catch up just finished up decarbing almost a lb this will be my tincture supply

their are two strains that i have I is in jars and the other I havent tried yet but sounds amazing Alien Vs Triangle Auto Feminised Seeds

Mephisto Genetics

this was my last Auto holy crap I smoked a half a doobie and had to go take a nap got up smoked the other half and wanted to go back for another nap , now I smoke a joint just before bed to get to sleep but I eat a pea sized piece of hand hash , seedsman is out of stock on these and when they are back i'm jumping on some to make rso or tincture , Now the difference between rso and a tincture is that with a tincture you dont evap the alcohol correct
          Cream & Cheese CBD Feminised Seeds by seedsman

this strain says it has a thc of 22% and a cbd of 18 percent I will be either growing these just before the grow challenge
          or right after it depends if the black zombie clones make it

@ATU If you hadn't started decarbing your bud I never would of made the Rso oil that made me sleep all night and not have a night like quirk described ,so thank you so much
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 You are another one who's recognizing the progressive effects of using concentrates for medicinal purposes, and I think it makes a huge difference from smoking it (combustion destroys so much of the medicine). What really amazes me is how it builds up and builds up over a period of months, and like quirk said above, it just keeps getting better.

Cannabis tinctures/other concentrates make being an elder (I detest the term "senior") so much happier, more relaxed, pain-free.

oldjarhead100 I always reduce my volume by half after extraction and have never reduced it to oil. Yet. Thanks for the heads up on the cream & cheese. Enclosed is a pic of, and this is pretty weird, Alien V Triangle F2- 9 day from sprout.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your going to love that some kick ass shit , I broke a branch off about a week before I harvested her I dried and tried some real no down stuff, then when I harvested it doesn't seem to have the same punch so the branch had mostly clear to cloudy the harvested plant had cloudy with some amber ,my next grow of Alien I'm going to harvest half when they are clear to cloudy

Quirk is your alien and auto thats what mine was and thats the one I'm buying lol that is funny how you were already growing them
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	210385Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	210386Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	210387TINCTURE FOR THE HEART AND SOUL

This batch has everything but the kitchen sink in it: around 30 grams of Critical, Night Queen, Euforia, 8 Ball Kush, and CBD Nordle. Plus some tincture from a quick wash of the decarbed sugar leaves from my micro grow (all but Nordle).

The tincture sat in the freezer and got shaken daily for around 5 days. I used my KorLor420 silk rosin bags to strain and re-strain the tincture. It was amazing to see all the trichome epidermal cells (outside "skin") that settle at the bottom of the tincture. They strained right out this time; see the light brown stuff in the bags. The light-colored liquid in the pic was what I got out after washing the buds a second time!!!

I will be reducing this tincture to around 50%--turn 32 oz into 16-- in my Source extractor, and it will be ready and waiting for me when I get out of the f..king hospital!!! Woo hoo!!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Dutchman1 Chlorophyll doesn't bother me in my tincture: you don't want chlor. in your vapeable and smokeable concentrates, but it doesn't hurt anything in tincture. There are also benefits to chlor.

I always mix my tincture w/ oj: been taking it that way for months, works just perfect...

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              And that's the bottom line. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Glad it's working for you alltatup. I remember now you mentioned you take it in morning oj. I keep mine in a 1/2 ounce spray bottle. Easy to carry, very discreet and it allows me to "swirl" it around in my mouth especially under tongue. Some of the drug enters the blood stream pretty quick and it bypasses your liver.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I just mix a little bit of oj in with my drops of tincture, hold under the tongue for a while and swallow. My liver does NOT want to miss out on the fun!! ;-}

This is what I shoot for
            Last edited by Dutchman1; 06-06-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X