No announcement yet.

Grow space question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The total weight of each brick is 1.4 pounds. I will be using 6 pots 3? 3gallan fabric pots and 3, 5 gallon pots. Watering is not an issue.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Why different size containers?
      I would strongly discourage that because it will affect fertigation frequency. You want to be able to water all the plants at the same time!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      If watering frequency is not an issue (meaning you can go to 4x daily during flower) then I'd go with 3 gallon final containers

The only reason I say the two different sizes is because of the auto. The non auto I figured would need a bigger pot than a 3 gallon pot and I figured the auto was to small for a 5 gallon pot.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      In Coco it is really different. Pot size is not the limiting factor - fertigation frequency is! Smaller pots enable more frequent fertigation which results in the best growth. 3 gallon is ideal if you have auto-watering. If you hand-water you should go with 5-gallon because it is difficult to hand-water more than 2x per day.
      Autos - Photos doesn't matter for container size in coco. fertigation frequency is the determining factor

• Pmoe90
      Pmoe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if that's the case I'll do all my plants in 5 gallon pots

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      So, again, How often do you expect to be able to water/fertigate?

I will be able to water or treat my plants as much as they need daily.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, are you going to be able to water them 4 times per day?
      Generally you would need an auto-drip system to accomplish that. If you are planning to hand-water you will be limited by lights and darkness.

If you can auto-water 4x per day I recommend 3-gallon.
      If you can reliably hand-water 2x per day I rec 5-gallon
      If less than that Larger

As I explain in my guide, smaller pots with higher frequency fertigation is best.

I'm able to water manually anytime during the day. I will be using 5 gallon pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. Happy to help if you have further questions

Has anyone ever used this product? Kinda tempted to try it during vegg and flowering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X