First grow Special kush #1 / white widow grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/5/2018

SK#1.1: looks healthy and green ph 5.8 ppm 56 . Still in only to water . Ppm likely from the nutes on the clay pebbles and on air stones but doing well .

WW/SK#1.2 : both seedlings are through the rockwool . Barely but they are there . Still in dome awaiting root growth out of bottom of rockwool .

Temp and humidity within range
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Much better PPM numbers. If possible, try to raise the humidity up to the 50's in this stage. Good start.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m working on the humidity issue . It’s a work in progress . It hasn’t die and that a positive. And two more will be popping up in a day or so . I think I’m going to leave them in the dome a bit longer tho because the humidity is more ideal for it .

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea in keeping them in the humidity dome to keep the humidity up. If you have little windows on the sides of the dome, close them up and the humidity should go up a bit more. Once they sprout, you can start opening up the windows a little each day until the dome comes off.

5/6/2018

SK#1.1 : ph 5.7 ppm 108 roots growing about 3/4 inch out bottom of rockwool . Before it started rooting into they small net pot it was in 3” pot I think they are . I moved it to the big net pot ( 8in netpot lid for my 5 gallon buckets ) where it will remain permanently. ( I think I will forgo the small net pots all together and just use the 5gallon net pot lids as they sit well in the 2.5 gallon buckets ) will need to drill hole for air tube so the lid sits flat . Overall everything looks good . Still small but visible growth. Increased the ppm to 108 .

WW/SK1.2 : both seeds have sprouted and are growing well . Leaves are a little curly still but they are standing up nice and tall. will look at them again at 6 when my lights come back on but they are growing well and the WW already has roots exiting the bottom of the rockwool . Temp in dome: 77. humidity in dome : 67.

I turned the ac off when I was in the room and forgot to turn in back on . About 5 hours . My high temp and low humidity reflex the tent conditions after the 5 hours . Turns ac back on , everything in normal range since and before . Still within range but I though was worth noting .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good. What lights are you currently using for those seedlings?

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s in my tent with the 600w hps and I know that it’s a lot of light for the seedling but my other option atm is outside and I don’t like that idea . I’m looking at getting a different lift for seedling but at the moment this is my option . It’s slowing down my plants growth some as my plant is putting a lot of energy into cooling itself and less in to growing outward but other then that I haven’t seen any issue. . Once it gets a little bigger the light will be less harsh on it and it will pick up speed I’m sure .

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Clip lights are cheap and leds inexpensive. 24hr light with those and they will get big fast.

5/7/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 5.9 ppm 145 plant is green and healthy . Seems happy in its new home . Seed leaves have begun to drop a little . I would expect them to start to die off over the next week or so . Rest of the plant is standing nicely and is devolping ( slow but steady) temp and humidity within range . Increases nutes by 30 ppm

WW/SK#1.2 seedling are stilled curled up but seem healthy . Root growth visible out on rockwool ( WW only ) concerned about the curling possible due to light intensity but will continue forward as is.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of the t5 grow lights aren't very expensive either and you would get better results from it. But just throwing it out there. You can run what you want it's your electric bill lol. Just trying to save you time and money. I wish I knew about lights when I did my first grow.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      My electric bill isn’t a concern for me right now as long as it won’t effect the plants in the long run

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m for sure going to have to get a t5 . Just got to wait for paycheck . < the struggle >

She's looking good so far. I wouldn't worry too much about the cotyledons curling up. It's perfectly natural for that to happen. I'd keep my eyes more on the set of leaves above those. The 1st and 2nd set of true leaves don't seem to be showing any signs of heat stress. They're looking very nice actually. Just as long as you keep the hps lights at a safe distance, she'll be fine. If you notice any small signs of heat stress, move her further away from the lights quickly.

Those 2 foot, 24W T5 fixtures aren't really that expensive and are great in the early veg stage. Just one of those can be enough light for 1 - 2 weeks from the moment they sprout. I believe they run for about $30. I always use one to place over my humidity dome and also after I transplant her into her final bucket. After which she's moved into the main lights. A while back someone gave me another 2' T5 as a gift, so I built a little stand for them. For the 1st weeks after she sprouts I use one bulb. 2nd week I turn the 2nd bulb on. 3rd week she goes under the main lights.

Here's a pic of that very setup back when my Ww was just a baby.

Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      The one looks a little funny to me I’ll post a close up when my lights come on in an hour .

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      But in general they looked good to me I had just never had those leaves curl like that before and I know plants will attemp the hide when they are over heated .

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I seen one at homedepot for 23$ I’m going to pick it up next time in over there.

5/7/2018 update

I noticed some growth betweenness the nodes on SK#1.1 first noticeable spaceing between nodes since 2nd node came in . ( that’s exciting to me sry )

more importantly this is what I was talking about when I said the WW seedling looked a little funny ( pic below )

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Should I put my seed into a bigger rockwool before I put it in the dwc. I have bigger ones the smaller ones fit right into but idk if I should use them or just use the 1x1 cubes I started them in like I did with SK#1.1

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Only thing I can say is to just wait and see how she does these next few days. Did the true leaves and the cotyledons separate on their own or are they still fused together?

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Rockwool requires some monitoring. This might help. http://www.just4growers.com/stream/h...-the-pros.aspx

They appear to be fused but it so tiny I can’t twll and I don’t wanna damage it . Time well tell lol . I can’t catch a break I swear .

Comment

This is good enough for my seedlings ???

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        The lumens are pretty low i few like it’s not strong enough

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as I understand seedlings don't need many lumens. I don't think there is a set amount for such an early stage of life.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        So it should be fine then?

I think this should do the trick for my seedlings . Going to put SK#1.2 and WW under it and leave SK#1.1 under the hps because it’s in the dwc already

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you'll be fine. Those 2', T5's I was talking about are only about 24W and only have 2000 lumens each, so this should be ok.

5/8/2018

Sk#1.1: ph 5.9 ppm 179 looking green and healthy . Adjusted ph down was about 7.0 .

WW/SK#1.2 : plants looks a little stretched oddly . Where leaning over slightly after putting them into the larger rockwool cubes . But seem to be standing up nicely now . Moved them from the tent to my closet and placed them under my new 19w led grow light that I just got today specially for my seedlings . If they do well under it I well continue to use it for all my seedling in the future .

Evrything looks great today ( including all my seedlings for my veg garden which seem to have doubled in size over night ) starting to think I might actually get these plants to harvest if I have a few dozen more days like today .

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        They're looking good. Watch the stretch though. If they start stretching more than that, lower the lights just a bit more. Nice setup btw.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        That stretch happened while they were under the 600w hps .

5/9/2018

SK#1.1 :PH 5.9 ppm 250 ( ppm came out a little higher then I wanted but I’m going to let it be ) looks healthy and visible growth .

WW/SK#1.2 : these little guy had me worried for a moment but they really made a turn in the right direction. After 12hrs under new led they show visible growth .

( side note : alway check your caps . Went to shake up my ph down and splashed it on my veg seedlings . Will likely have to replant everything as it began to droop almost instantaneously. Positive side it didn’t get on my marijuana plants . So no real big lose , just kinda annoyed with myself I think I missed one cucumber and one pepper plant . Sad sad day but my marijuana is good so I’m not going to lose sleep over some 50cent veg seeds )

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I have taken over about a 3rd of my bed room . With my 2 4x4 tents and the closet now . Pluse my cedar chest I keep all my supplies in . My girlfriend has been surprisingly ok with it all lol. Can’t wait to move to my new house in a few months. As long as this all goes well I’m planning to build a 12 site dwc as well as start a soil grow in the 20x10 green house on the property. Will likely still keep my dwc indoors because I live in the north . This way I can still grow year round .

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Having a supporting partner is great... I remember those days...
        lol

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I let her do all her veg seeds in the tent so it helped convince her .

5/10/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 5.9 PPM 320 . Third node is starting to grow in . Very excited. Looks healthy . No issues .

SK1.2 / WW : are growing good . First node visibility . Plants are growing very well under there new light.

Comment

5/11/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.1 PPM 360 . Third node is visible . Minimal vertical growth . It is looking good . Maybe another week Before I have her on full nutes . Waiting on third node to grow in completely before I raise the nutes any further . All and all see is looking great .

WW/SK#1.2 : seedlings are doing well infer there new light . WW’s leaves are deformed but she seems to be doing great . SK#1.2 looks great also . They are both progressing and should be back in the tent in another week or two .

Temps were a little low today . But still within range . Had to play the heat shuffle game a little but wasn’t to bad . Well prob be lower temps till Sunday due to the cool weather we are having for the next few days . But I don’t anticipate any problems.
        Last edited by DankwingDuck; 05-11-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

SK#1.1 sprouted on 4/27/2018 making today the end of week two of seedling . I was concerned about it’s growth but the time line seems to be right on track . At its current rate it should have its 3rd node fully visible within a few days and be entering veg makin it about 3 weeks in seedling which is right where I had hoped to be . This being my first grow I was a little panicy after loosing a few seedlings . But with the current progress I feel confident with my setup and the progress of my young marijuana plant . Once all 3 seedlings have entered into the veg cycle I will start posting weekly updates . Until then I we’ll continue to post daily .

well likely be starting SK#1.2 and WW in a 50PPM nute solution in a few more days . And slowly increase this over the following week or so.
            Last edited by DankwingDuck; 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

5/12/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.0 PPM 670 . I increased nutes to half recommended dose . A little aggressive from what I have been doing but I feel the plant can handle the boost and increase the ppm over the next week till it is a max strength . Right around 1000 ppm . Feeding chart on GH website says 1350ppm but I feel that is a little high so I’m going to adjust the formula for a 950-1000ppm range . If someone has a feeding chart that is better suited for marijuana and not a general feeding chart for general hydroponic trio please feel free to post it . I may go up to the full 1350 ppm depending on how the plant response to the bite increases . Goodbye seedling stage , Veg here we come .

WW / SK#1.2 : plants look goo and are growing their 2nd node . We is still deformed looking but is growing well. I will be adding them back to the tent and into the hydro pots later this week . I hoping to close the growth gap on these to compared to SK#1.1 with some cropping as WW / SK#1.2 are about a week or so behind . I well try to low street train then and do a little more aggressive cropping on SK#1.1 . I feel this will help to even put there growth so they can enter flower at the same time .

All and all everything is growing good and healthy .

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that lights out temp? 68f is cold those are night temps for sleeping cannabis. You want to target your temp between 75-86f. If you don't have a water chiller I'd recommend keeping it at 75f. I know colder temps keep bacteria and stuff down but plants need to photosythesize at higher temps. And I agree with Campesino work your way up to those numbers. More nutrients doesn't mean more growth. You might be slowing it down if your cooking with those low temps.

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                My temp goes up and down but it sits around 73-75 most of the time . It was cold the last few days so it was a little on the lower end . I’ll try to push it up a bit higher

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                And yes that was lights out temp . The lights had been on about 2-3 mins at that point . My lights are out from noon till 6 to combat the cold at night and the heat during the day . It’s a juggleing game .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X