First try outdoors looking for some recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try outdoors looking for some recommendations

Alright so I’ve got a friend that has 60 acres of farmland in a floodplain of the willamette river. It’s supposed to be very fertile. He asked me for some help in doing a legal outdoor grow on it so just four plants. As I explained to him I’ve grown indoors but would help him out anyway I can. So I’m hoping to pick your brains a bit in helping him.

Ill be helping him with feeding, setting up the holes and adjusting Ph etc of the feeds. And any training, thinking we’ll just top them once and let them go.

I’m curious first off. Soil amendments vs just using some potting soil like fox farms or should we just use the soil there for the holes (should I try one of those soil test kits from the local gardening store?).

as far as nutes go since I’m familiar with it indoors I was just going to use fox farms trio and probably their kelp me kelp you. I have plenty of it all. Was thinking just feeding once a week and then water based on rainfall. It’s wet here in the willamette valley but summer we can get some long dry spells. Does this sound right?

anything to be concerned about I’m missing? Oh and there’s lots of deer in the area. Best way to discourage them from destroying the plants.

Any thoughts are helpful thanks.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

There’s a product called deer off a spray that keeps deer and rabbits away, I don’t spray on the grow rather around the area where it is and it keeps them away.lol

Comment

My one thought on outdoor growing is pretty obvious: Find a spot that gets full sun all day long if you can. Mine only got sun from dawn to 1 PM and the results were disappointing. Beautiful greenery but not much of the sticky... On the other hand, the electric bill was a lot lower.

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thought thanks. Fortunately it’s pretty wide open. I think they are planting red clover this year so the crops won’t block anything. And we don’t have to be worried much about stealth as it’s legal and there’s no neighbors just have to get back far enough from the road.

Locrian I did a 5 gallon hole then fill it with dirt lol this year I'm using roots organic original soil and green fields for the super soil ,super soil goes in bottom of hole the fill the rest up, I try and find a south facing edge line so you get sun all day even though its legal you don't want them totally visible , I try and grow next to a water source ,had a stream dry up on me boy did that suck carrying 5 gallon buckets of water up hill for .63 miles lol. Even though its farm land I would use soil for cannabis
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know. Will the 5lbs of super soil last the full grow? I thought of going that route but thought with super soil the plant eventually uses up all the good stuff.

Morning 99, it all depends on how often you are able to check on it. Personally I wouldn't use FoxFarms soil, I'd make my own Supersoil or buy some.
      I use large buckets, I'll dig a hole, 2-3 feet deep, throw a bunch of rocks in the bottom of the hole, put some more rocks in the bottom of the buckets, then put the buckets in the holes, with lots of holes in the bottom of the buckets, that way you can move them easily if you have too, and I've had to move mine several times before, it's easy that way.
      I also dig the native soil an mix perlite with it, and put it right back in the hole, and it's good to go, without doing anything else .I always plant mine where they get early morning sun on them, mostly, for the day, does lots better than evening sun, at least it does in my area, plus it gets so hot, where I live, all day sun will burn them up, if you can't water them regularly, sometimes couple times a day. Morning sun is much better than evening sun, at least in my area it is. The good thing about the buckets is you can easily move them if you need to. In my delta area it want all day long in full sun, without you being there to water it all day long. Plus if they are in buckets you can move them into the shade and make them start flowering, when you want them too. Before they get to humongously tall, every time we go check on them we usually top them several more times.With that being said one of the nicest plants I ever saw was a volunteer that came up by us rolling joints in a spot we always met up at when hunting,an just pitching the seeds on the ground ,to keep from smoking them in joints, it was a monster plant, 12-14 feet tall, and we didn't do a thing to it but throw seeds on the ground, it grew all by itself, with no help from us.
      Mj, likes to grow, and it will if you got good soil, ain't nothin hard about it,
      Good Luck
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Just thought I would toss this in. Strain... native Nebraska ditch, full sun all day everyday,watered when it rained, medium...1/2 inch crack in 12 inch thick concrete slab.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170825_125033015 (1).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	200338

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          looks just like a weed to me lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X