Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know of a good clone grow journal?

Hello All!

Can anyone recommend, and perhaps send me a link to a good educational clone grow journal? I need more information on training, defoliating and what to expect from a clone. Not so much on how to cut and root a clone.

I can't believe I have three healthy clones from my last seed grow, as well as the harvested plant that I am regenerating. I was never this successful before so this is an opportunity for me to learn about these methods of growing. I was always afraid to experiment with a plant grown from a precious seed, but since these were free, I am excited to see what I can do with them. They are all in coco from a Northern Lights Fem plant that was my first coco grow.

One of the clones was from an early flowering defoliating mistake and I was afraid it may have hermied, so I am growing it indoors, away from my grow space, but in direct sunlight with CFL s on at night. I think I have done the manifold thing properly...I read both of Nugbuckets tutorials on doing it from seed and from a clone.

The other two clones are from late veg and they are about 8 or 9 inches tall. They already have pre flowers! I am not clear on how to LST them, so I just started tying the branches down to my grow bags. I topped one a few weeks ago, but it isn't behaving the way a seedling does when topped. The uppermost stems keep getting taller so I squeezed and bent them sidewards...monster crop or is that supercropping? I get them confused.

That seems to have helped. But I could sure stand to learn from someone with experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for suggesting other resources you think might be helpful!

Hey spanky congrats on your clones. First of all. Bending stems is suppercroping. Harvesting and then re-vegetate a plant is called monster cropping. You kinda did both. Like you said clones not always follow the same structure as a young seedling. Specially the reveg it going to look ugly that’s why the monster. But a regular clone usually takes the structure of the mature plant it was taken from. So it may be one branch per node alternating sides or even growing only in there main stem. Either way you have to top and bend over and over to get the desired shape. Nothing special or different to a seedling just gotta put some more attention into side branching and shape. Good luck

Comment

• Spanky
      Spanky commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I get the bending and shaping part, but do I keep topping?! All the long stems?! Won't that set the plant way back?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can keep topping as long as you give them time to recover before flip. Also try not to remove more than the very tip

Hey Spanky
    My last grow was 6 clones that I manifolded. If you are interested, the link to that completed journal is below in signature. I didn't start the journal until I flipped them though, so only a few pics from early training. The asymmetry of clones make them a challenge to even out, but pinching and super-cropping certainly help with that.
    Happy to help with any Qs you may have. You may also want to check out my Coco guide, the link to that is also in signature.
    Cheers!

Comment

• Spanky
      Spanky commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi C.
      Read your coco guide when you put it up. Excellent material! I will check out your grow journal, but it it is nice to know this wonky growth is a challenge for more than just me!

Thanks for the offer to answer questions. Here's one. If I supercrop a stem fairly high and then realize I could have super cropped it down below one more off shoot, is it too late? What happens if it has two super crops on one stem?

Thanks!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spanky
      You can supercrop stems several times, no problem. I have colas with 3 and 4!

This is a monster cropped plant. Some dont do well. Some do. But what are you losing if one doesnt perform like you want. Just starting defoliation. But they tend to all have the main stems grow the same height when they grow well. I always see how they are gonna do and win 9 times out of 10. Oh and the bush alot more without much work.

Comment

• Spanky
      Spanky commented
      Editing a comment
      That is amazing! How long did it take to regain all of that foliage? Do you find you can feed it at the level suggested for a middle aged plant? Mine doesn't have any really big leaves yet...only a week back in veg...but I know the root ball is huge. I have been giving it half strength early veg nute doses and I haven't seen any burn or yellowing. I am wondering if I should up
      the dose?

Well the last 2 weeks of growth i flush my plants. So when i put them back on the 24 hour light schedule i feed them full strength vegetative nutrients. They dont require watering near as often as first. That plant is 9 weeks old now. And i cut them back to the base almost. I try to leave a few leaves at the bottom but have had them do well when i left none.

Comment

Hey Spanky I did some major defoliating in my journal link in sig. Also mainlined the clones and did some suppercropping as well. Still going strong but training is over now and no more defoliating. Starting on page 5 is where I did the major defol and they are all about 48 inches now. Starting on mid bloom now. Have fun growing clones and good luck on your training and desicions.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Spanky
        Spanky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks C. I will check it out!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X