Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh Not Now! What to do when flowering plants start revegging on their own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh Not Now! What to do when flowering plants start revegging on their own?

What’s wrong:
    This can’t be good, my plants have been flowering for just about 8-9 weeks now and I thought I was entering the home stretch and preparing to harvest soon but the last few days I’ve noticed my plants have decided to start growing leaves again and they’re coming right out the tops of the buds UGH 😩 I really need to know what went wrong and how do I or can I rectify it? I had noticed the temps elevated (max was 81 degrees F) a few times and had some uneven darkening of hairs under the 1000w but typically keep the canopy at 75-77 directly under the light which I’ve messed with the height a cpl times but only by a cpl chain links moving it up or down 3-4” each time. My light is currently 36” above the canopy (I’ve tried getting it closer as the plants got bigger but noticed negative effects each time within a few hours-1day and reverted back to where it had been)
    What’s growing:
    the plants I have flowering rn came from random bag seeds so I have no idea what they are other than to say most are indica or indica dominant hybrids
    What’s changed:
    Last wkend I altered things slightly by adding a cheap 1000w Led to 1 side of the grow room specifically over a couple of taller plants I’ve got growing on the outskirts of the hps. I also added a couple scoops of Epsom salt infused soil to the tops of my pots as I was transplanting some seedlings and had some excess dirt
    otherwise ive got them under 1000w HPS in organic blended soil with peat, perlite and castings added in 5 gal Buckets, and I’ve been feeding them FoxFarm trio with weekly supps of Dyna-Grow protekt, blackstrap molasses and the recent addition of the MgSO4 in the Epsom salt

Oh yeah the molasses is very recent too~only 2 doses so far on the past 2 Wednesday’s

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is organic unsulphered molasses?

-too much nitrogen-can signal flowering plants to reveg-

you should be depleting nutrients at this point and not increasing. (pHed water only)

I give the last dose (optional) of Epsom salts @ wk 5 as magnesium helps mobilize N.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

You should stop the grow big. Only big bloom and tiger bloom.
      Current Grow
      Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

I'd stick with water and molasses from here on out. If you in some good soil.
        Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 04-24-2018, 09:17 AM.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

thank you~so the Epsom must have done it bc I cut out the grow big early on in flowering phase and added the dirt to all the flowering plants but one that didn’t have room for it.
          My question now is will they resume flowering as I flush all that out ?

Comment

It should. You can just add P-K and very light N or like DASS said, molasses and plain water if you have good soil. Good Luck ✌
            Current Grow
            Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X