8.5 wks into flower is she ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5 wks into flower is she ready?

Hey guys i was scheduled to cut her down thursday 4/19 but didnt look ready. I would like some opinions if you all wouldnt mind. Im currently flushing her out while waiting for more pistils to darken and trichomes to amber. But who thinks if i wanted she could be ready now?
    Grow closet.
    2'x4'x5' aluminum reflection on walls
    1x 4' Sunblaze t5 54w bulb for seedlings/clones
    Viparspectra 300w led for veg/flower [orderded/otw]
    Nuitrient:[MG] 24-8-16 vegatative nuits
    [MG]18-24-16 preflower/transition nuits
    N/A Bloom nuits
    ​​​​​Medium: "Just Natural" Organic soil
    Pest control: Neem oil & sticky paper

Check out youtube channel-
    Marijuana grow and talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eOcedgi5W8Av62
    Comment-like-subscribe! Thanks to all who support

Do you know the strain?
    Can you take pics of the trichomes?
    Everybody has their own opinion and most will probably tell you to wait, but she could be "ready" if you really wanted. I wouldn't be able to say more than that without knowing the strain and seeing the trichomes.

Comment

Do you have a jewlers scope? If not get one. Generally 40% brown pistils i start looking at trichomes. If they look like glass she isnt ready. If they look like old plexiglass(kind of cloudy) she is ready. But you can pick up alot of weight by waiting a bit longer. There is a large window. The effects you get change over that time though. Think speedy when earlier. Think chill when later. But proper curing can fix alot of you accidently cut to early.

Comment

Harvest time is up to the grower discretion. I like my trichomes cloudy. Some likes them 50% ambert.
        Current Grow
        Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Morning 101jr. Yes you can harvest them now, if you like having your heart beat out of control, and not even get high, well maybe a little ,please wait till you see a little amber before you start your flush.
          Then you will have something you can be proud of, Nice job with your plants, you will get even better ,with more grows. Have a great day.
          ps- plus the last 2weeks is when they swell up even larger, and heavier. Especially if you use molasses the last month or so. Good Luck. 101jr.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I agree with D.A.A.S on molasses. Just realize once cured the aroma will really kick in. Unbelievable the difference. Side note some dont go amber. But i always prefer 12 weeks.

Comment

Sorry ive had some never go amber. Ive read some strains dont. Others know alot more than me.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Redwasp, I've had some before that did not turn amber too, but they were some landrace Oaxacan sativas. I can't recall ever growing any Indicas, that didn't show some amber though, But I'm sure that there is some Indicas that dont show amber. lol
                HappyGrowing.

Like DAAS said, some strains take for ever to turn amber. However you should wait until the Pistils start turning in on themselves and start to turn color. I have a saying for newbees. "If you think their ready, wait a week." I'm not implying that you are a newbee. Respectfully.

Comment

• Tdh101jr
                Tdh101jr commented
                Editing a comment
                I am a newbie only have 1 bagseed grow under my belt prior to this one so no offense taken and thats exactly what i did figured end of week8 cut down but let go till now which thursday will start week 10 day 1 but it was to early when i asked there looking nicer and nicer each day becoming more dense also if keep tenps lower at night this strain has some purple genes.

I personally like to push psst point I think they are done and push a week -10 days more

Comment

I dont know that strain my bud man gave it to me to see what it would do and if female which it was. Ik it was indica dominant it will be 9weeks of flower thursday its about 80-90% browned pistils and trichomes are kinda hard for me to tell as i only have a 25 or 40x jewlers loop but i will try best to take pictures as for waiting i probably am going to give her another week or so bc i want the wieght to pack on amd i dod use molasses this month but last feeding with that was maybe 2weeks ago? Thanks all for the feedback i really appreciate it! I also have some kush seeds coming i ordered for next grow so i should know what to expect via breeders descriptions.
                Grow closet.
                N/A Bloom nuits

Marijuana grow and talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eOcedgi5W8Av62

Comment

From the pics looks like alot less thsn 90% pistils are brown. If thats true, 90%, now she is probably done. Nice trichomes on those leaves. If you trim save those sugar leaves be sure to save them. If you never have tried very good things come from those

Comment

• Tdh101jr
                    Tdh101jr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got a jar i keep in the freezer for any leaves i trim that have trichs on them i want to make some dabs with it the alcohol way or the rosin press way which one would you prefer or should i just make some cannabutter with it?

Here i just took these 10min ago most the white pistils where the ones under a fan leaf i just also did a light trim so they would recieve more like but imma harvest the end of this week i think.
                  Grow closet.
                  N/A Bloom nuits

Comment

• strainsgrow
                    strainsgrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Damm those buds are frosty!!!! Cheers

Ya it def has a great trichome production would be a great hash plant but idk i cant bring myself to use whole nugs for hash maybe the popcorn buds but not the nice ones.
                  Grow closet.
                  N/A Bloom nuits

Comment

• KingKush
                    KingKush commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You will like smoking that I've grown a lot less pretty so that chronic will make you happy. Looking forward to seeing a roomful next grow

• Tdh101jr
                    Tdh101jr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hell ya cant wait to have a closet full well i actually have 2 in flower room now and gonna have a 8 clone mini sog after those 2 or half through there flower cycle then i still have 6 plants in veg plus my 6 seeds i ordered from seedsman to start so i got quite a few plants going on now as it is plus 2 clones from the plant im about to harvest 1 imma use strictly for a mother plant the other imma make some seeds with.

And any of the 3 options are good for those leaves. Just depends on what you prefer. All 3 are great plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdh101jr View Post
                    Ya it def has a great trichome production would be a great hash plant but idk i cant bring myself to use whole nugs for hash maybe the popcorn buds but not the nice ones.
                    Your plant doesn't have to much longer to go what week are you in FROM first pistols that's when i count fuck flip. And then I harvest accordingly. Most strains go 7-14 days past breeder recommend

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X