My bud taste like perfume/soap HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bud taste like perfume/soap HELP!

Hey guys so i took like 4 popcorn buds off few days ago before i headed to town to work the rest of the week again and me my dad could give it its forst taste. So i let it dry out for 3 to 4 days where it was dry and we just tasted it and i feel lile i got my mouth washed out with dawn. There was no curing nor in a purse or bought i clipped these myself left in open aur to dry them to my bowl with no cure. Could it be i need to flush the plant longer or bc i need to cure it for a while? Please help and thanks all for any advice it would be truly helpful.
    Grow closet.
    2'x4'x5' aluminum reflection on walls
    1x 4' Sunblaze t5 54w bulb for seedlings/clones
    Viparspectra 300w led for veg/flower [orderded/otw]
    Nuitrient:[MG] 24-8-16 vegatative nuits
    [MG]18-24-16 preflower/transition nuits
    N/A Bloom nuits
    ​​​​​Medium: "Just Natural" Organic soil
    Pest control: Neem oil & sticky paper

Check out youtube channel-
    Marijuana grow and talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eOcedgi5W8Av62
    Comment-like-subscribe! Thanks to all who support

What up Tdh!

I'm not a pro but that usually happens when you don't flush the medium enough. Those NPK ratios on your nutes list looks high so that might it. You're also using pest control stuff. I would feed the plants plain water for the last two weeks on your next grow and take it from there. Take my rookie opinions with a grain of salt. Good Luck!
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Right now im in the process of flushing have been about a week now but i gotcha imma flush the fuck outta her possably drown the bitch jk but how often should i flush her i flush every waterday not everyday are you suppose to more often or something?
      Grow closet.
      N/A Bloom nuits

Marijuana grow and talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eOcedgi5W8Av62

Comment

LOL! As long as you have good drainage on your pots, you can run a few gallons of water through it, this won't drown the plant since most of the water is running off and that's what you want for a good flush. Don't wait for every other water. If your nutes are slow release, it won't be enough flushing that way. Check your run off PPM's and keep watering as needed. Depending of how many nutes there's in your soil and your PPM's reading keep or stop flushing as needed. Water takes a few days to go through the plant so even though the run off might be low on PPM's there still on the plant. Just keep feeding plain water after that main flush. Hope that make sense lol.
        Last edited by strainsgrow; 04-18-2018, 04:54 PM.
        Current Grow
        Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Tdh101jr
          Tdh101jr commented
          Editing a comment
          Need to get a ppm pen :/ guess ill just drown her last week of grow everyday idk better then smoking some shit that taste like was wrapped in a downy dryer sheet

I wouldn't probably recommend daily flushing in soil - give them a good flush (Lots more water at one time than you would normally apply - producing excessive run-off) and then let them dry out a bit before watering again or harvesting.
        It is really tough to get a taste test on pre-harvested buds. Especially with a quick dry and no cure. It is a bit odd that the soap taste was so strong, but your finished and cured buds will taste differently and almost assuredly better.

Comment

I think after only 3 or 4 days drying it’s not ready to smoke. A lot of bacterial activity happens in the dry/cure breaking up sugars nutrients and chlorophyll left over. If you dry for at least a week and cure for at least a couple weeks the Flavour is going to be very different.

Comment

Ok good i was thinking it didnt dry long enough i just wanted to taste it i sure got it lol tells me be patient! I was supposed to harvest her 4/19 but when i got home yesterday she looked like could use another week or maybe 2 so imma just continue to flush and be more patient in the meantime thanks for the help and info!
            Grow closet.
            N/A Bloom nuits

Comment

Did you have Ona Gel or some other deodorizer in the room?

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point Doc. "No Pest Strips" is another one.

• Tdh101jr
                Tdh101jr commented
                Editing a comment
                No ona or deodorizer i read about that though but not for me i think it was the bud still might have had some kinda moister in there and it jist burned wierd idk imma wait till dried longer and a few week cure minimum.

It had to be the flushing out bc i clipped 1 of the colas let it dry out after a week of flushing and it smoked fine after a week even had some friends taste test it all said good things
              Grow closet.
              N/A Bloom nuits

Comment

You just need a cure I bet. What strain is it by the way. Some strains are just more "flowery" tasting. There are alot of mixed reviews on the standard accepted practice of flushing. Most commercial growers dont flush due to a 10-15% reduction in bud. There seems to be not alot of difference in taste and smell of flushed weed as opposed to nutes till a few days before harvest from many articles Ive read on the subject. That said, Im sure it depends on how heavily you fed throughout the grow. Not just the last week or two. Think about it, how can a plant utilize all that nutrient in a week of flush, doesnt really make sense. Its stored all throughout the plant. Ive read a number of articals on flushing and it seems that curing weed well has a better all-over effect than flushing.
                Last edited by Dutchman1; 04-28-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I think you can actually do a light feeding at the end of the flush with organic bloom. If I was going to do 1.5 gallons per plant flush I may use a gallon of pure first then finish with .5 Gallon of light nutes solution OG would be best. I have seen buds puff up from this technique. And they taste awesome
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X