Need help with DWC nutrient strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with DWC nutrient strength

Good day all, I am a new grower. I am growing 2 auto flowers in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent in a Canadian bubbler 2 plant tub. I am using GH flora trio for nutrients.
    My question is: in the instructions it is suggested you change out the reservoir water every 7-10 days and top off with fresh water between changes. What does that mean? Am I supposed to just fill the tub with fresh PH'd water without nutes added and then top off with nutrient solution as needed? Its a bit confusing. Right now I am keeping my PH between 6 and 6.5 and my ppm in the tub is around 750 and I think i am just starting week 5 as my seedlings had about 3rd set of leaves around mid march.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    My plants look healthy at the moment.
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

It basically means to first mix all your nutrients in a fresh reservoir. That mixture can last your plants between 7-10 days. If during those 7-10 days you notice that your reservoir is low, just add pure water to it. That's what they mean by topping off with fresh water between changes. You only add nutrients during those 7-10 days if you see deficiencies or something like that. After the 7-10 days, you drain the reservoir and start a new new batch and so on.
    Your plant is in week 5 seedling stages and you're feeding her 750 PPM? That sounds like a bit much, but if you say she's looking healthy, then alright. Hope that helps a bit.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto! Nutrient mix every 7 to 10 days and top off at mid week with pH'ed water.

Thanks a lot that clears that up for me. I have been topping off with a mixed solution of nutrients each time I need to add water.
    I have attached a couple of pictures for reference. It looks like the one plant might be just starting to transition to flower.
    The GH flora trio guide says I should be using 950-1300 ppm for week 5 yet you say 750 sounds high. I don't understand this as most videos I watch they always talk about 1/4 strength etc but what is the reason to not follow the GH nute guide?
    I am growing a autoflower blue cheese and an auto flower berry both from MJ Seeds Canada.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been growing a little over two years now an used GH trio the whole time, the GH nutrients schedule on bottle is NOT for cannabis... If you would start out full strength you more than likely will burn your plants.. that's why they say start at quarter strength an work your way up... I usually don't go more than half strength.. there's a feeding schedule for gh trio on the gwe site that works great start to finish!! There's also Lucas formula you can run that really easy... Or what I've been using for a while now... There's a guy on you tube that has the best feeding schedule that I've found using GH trio, liquid Kool bloom , an Epsom salt.. I'll have to find the link because I wrote it down some time ago now! But there's options out there that really work, just find something that works for you! I switched to maxibloom in my dwc buckets running Lucas with additives.. Been working great

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What Trichomefarmer88 said. I use a different nute brand, but I think the highest I get around peak flower period is around half what they recommend. And I change my water/nutes every seven days.

Since it looks like they are starting to flower should I switch on the flowering light on my led now as I just currently have the Veg light on. Also do I leave the Veg light on along with the flowering light.

It is a MEIZHI Reflector-Series 300w LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower - Dual Growth Bloom Switches

Thank you

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you growing an auto flower? It shouldn't flower until you switch it to 12 hours on 12 hours off with the lights.. Unless it's auto flower... but you want to run both veg an flower lights at same time during flower. Also if is auto run your lights 20 on 4 off all way threw it's Life, start to finish

• Drekthar
      Drekthar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes auto lower both plants. ty im good now

Concerning the PPM's, I may have misunderstood you when you said week 5 "Seedling" stage, but you may have meant week 5 "Vegetative" stage? Or perhaps she was 2 weeks seedling, then 3 weeks in Veg? Please correct me on that. But she does look like she's week 5 Veg and almost ready to flower. She looks pretty healthy to me. Whatever dose you're feeding her, keep doing it lol. The one thing I'm noticing are her leaves are slightly drooping downward. Might want to raise those LED's a bit.
    Any way you can provide a pic in natural light?
    Last edited by Cannabliss; 04-16-2018, 11:52 PM.
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I have raised my light a couple of inches. My plant sprouted around the 12th of March so I am thinking i'm around week 5 of veg.
      Thanks for the comments I have a better understanding of the nutrient levels.
      Attached is a couple of pictures under normal light.
      Any help with my question on light as to when to turn on the bloom switch and if I keep the veg switch on at the same time would be appreciated.

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as the light switches go, yes, you keep both the Veg and the Bloom switches on while you flower.

Ok Thanks Cannabliss I kind of figure that out. My temp went up 5-6 degrees. I think i was running a bit cool around 73 anyways so im high 70's to 80 now which i think is a bit better. What do you think of the girls under plain light?
      They seem to have really started to take off over the past couple of days. I exchanged my water and adjusted nutes.

Comment

They're looking great! I don't see any deficiencies. Leaves and stems are nice and green.The room temps should be fine. Just watch not to go over 85. Reservoir temps, however, should be kept below 70 degrees F. I always keep mines between 60-65.
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180420-000234_Chrome.jpg Views:	1 Size:	422.9 KB ID:	197335 Straight from GWE, I top off with nute solution after week 2. After that I keep the EC the same all week unless it wants less.
          Why make it scrounge for food when it wants it. If I gave you a quantity of food on Sunday and then slowly fed you less during the week you are going to be pretty hungry/weak by the end of the week. Especially if all your main objective is to grow big and strong. Obviously, if you check the reservoir and the EC is higher than what you mixed then add water. But if the water is low and the EC is low, why add water and give it less food? Makes no sense, but hey it's what I do.....from the instructions....on a website where we all chat on the forum... Do what works for you really 2¢✌️
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

A few pictures to update the grow since original post. I am still having a bt of trouble determining what week im in with the plants. Does week 1 of veg start when the seed sprouts? if so i would be in week 7 i.e. day 51. sorry about the light..lol
            I am currently giving them week 6 nutrients based on GWE nutrient schedule.
            Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comment

• Drekthar
              Drekthar commented
              Editing a comment
              Notice a couple of the leaf tips are a bit white on the blue cheese. My light is only 300w full spectrum led and is only about 15" above the tops. Problem is i only have a 4' high tent so the light is about a s high as it can go atm.
              Last edited by Drekthar; 04-30-2018, 05:44 PM.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Drek, if you are growing an auto, you have to wait until you see the first signs of flowering show up. You control that when you're growing a photoperiod plant by switching to 12/12 light, but you don't make that light switch with an auto.

• Drekthar
              Drekthar commented
              Editing a comment
              Allt.. Im just trying to figure out where im at on the nutrient feeding schedule or more importantly where I should be. That said I think i'm in good shape now. I am growing auto flower plants. ty

A few more pics just going to start week 3 of flower..

Comment

Have you read Nebula's hydroponic help here at GWE? She has a schedule for GH and everything. Works!

FWIW, I topped off with diluted nutes, not water. It worked great.

This step-by-step grow guide will teach you how easy it is to grow cannabis using bubbleponics. This method provides consistent huge yields and a quicker harvest compared to most other grow methods.
              Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 05-05-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Question.. Male or female

Comment

• Drekthar
                  Drekthar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The above picture is a friends plant and it looks like a female to me from what I have been able to deduce from reading on GWE.

I am starting the week 3 nute schedule is what I was referring too on couple of posts above..

It gets a bit confusing when you comment in different posts than your referencing. but that you and I do appreciate the feedback.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for causing confusion!

A few recent pics. they starting to thicken up..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X