calcium build up on exhaust filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calcium build up on exhaust filter

Using well water in my humidifier and getting a white calcium build up on my exhaust filter , any simple ideas to treat the water or prevent this ?

Soak the filter over night in vinegar and then rinse it out. There are water treatment products for this.

Comment

I have a water softener but still get a residue , online search hasn't really brought up anything useful other than what people are using for there shower etc. I looking for something to possibly add to the humidifier that isn't harmful to the plants .

Comment

I finally switched to RO water and that took care of all the white powder.
        Using this filter from Amazon.
        APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ESSENCE ROES-50) - - Amazon.com
        Last edited by Insight; 04-13-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks ! I was thinking of going that route .

Comment

Had the same problem with last grow. Ordered deminerialization cartridges on line but haven't tried them yet.
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

PuravidaC ..hope you have better luck than I did with those filters....after 1 week of using about 3 gallons a day...the filter was spent...did nothing. PPM in was 245 and PPM out was 230.

I called the company and...long story short.......these filters are not meant to be connected directly to tap water supply, they are used as a "polishing filter" after a Reverse Osmosis filter.

Comment

• PuravidaC
                PuravidaC commented
                Editing a comment
                WTF??? Use after a RO filter!!?? I got a 4 pack that sould get me through one auto grow, otherwise it's a RO filter for me too. My humidifier uses about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons to maintain RH in the 60's during veg, a little less during flower.

I'm going the RO route , I'll report back in a couple weeks and let you know . Looks like about $350./400.00 for a decent house setup .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X