Unknown Strain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Strain

Hello everyone. Thank you to all the writers and contrubuters who make this site possible. I would never have got this far without you. This is my first attempt at mainlining and I am super stoked with the results so far. Is there anyone out there who might be able to identify what it is exactly I am growing. Any feedback will be most welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

It is impossible to identify but how old is the plant?

Comment

• Tdh101jr
      Tdh101jr commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with deadhead but you can try to atleast identify it to its type like chesse blueberry kush skunk etc even though there many dif kinds of these strains youll be lucky to get that close! Its easyier to help id in flower too with the buds but i had this same auestion last grow and my current grow. You id if sativa or indica dominate and go thru your list like that then in flower add the smells and looks to narrow your search down but gl my friend!

Hi. It Sprouted on the 15th Feb so almost 8 weeks now.

Comment

Yea can't tell u the strain but I can say to me it looks like u got a Indica dominant hybrid

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to disagree, St.buds: look at how slender the leaves are, and lanky the colas; it's Sativa dominant, but we gotta wait until we see the buds develop to really know!!.

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s only short from training it and the nodes are pretty stretched for a indica so it’s definitely Sativa dominant most likely

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not look at nodes lol my fault but those leafs are def a hybrid I see some that are slender and some that r wide but not as wide as a full indica. This is why I love the site ppl r here to help thanks for catching my mistake

Is it too early to go into the flowering stage?

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I do 8 weeks veg. How many weeks do you grow yours atu?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        St.buds Since I grow in 2 grow boxes, I usually never go beyond 6 weeks flower. But I shouldn't have worded my first response so strongly; depending on the amount of vertical space Chris has...

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok I got you

Thank you guys.

Comment

alltatup many thanks. Vertical grow space is not a concern. As you can see from the attached pic im growing her alongside Amnesia Kush which is also sativa dominant. The amnesia is about 1 week younger.
        I had actually put them into flowering a day prior but was just checking 😉
        I'll be sure to post more pics along the way and hopefully we will be able to name it.
        I'm thinking about naming it 'Garth Wright' in the meantime if there are no objections
        Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome! Looking forward to watching them bud up!!! ;-}

Hey guys.
        Is this a hermie and do I need to be worried? There's so much female on this plant but now I don't know.
        alltatup

St.buds
        Deadhead91
        Tdh101jr

thanks for all the amazing advice. Much appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Chris, If you blow up the first pic with your hand in it, you can see the pistil that emerged from the calyx. I'm not sure about the other one. Watch the plant closely, and if you don't see the pistil emerge, or a small bunch of them start forming, you got a hermie.

Read this page and look at the pictures to learn how to distinguish pollen sac from small calyx:
          Learn about marijuana life stages and gender. When does the plant start flowering? How can you tell if your plant is a boy or a girl? What...

Did you stress her or interrupt the darkness cycle? Those can make them hermie.

Haven't got a bunch of them if you mean like a cluster around one point but I do have have the odd one here and there. Since around the 5th April she has been getting 12 hours sleep everyday. I have been very consistent in this regard. Can the light schedule during the vegetative state be a cause? I had her 24 7 under a 400w hps.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont think so. And you are sure theres no light leak?
          Keep your eyes on them.

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with what atu said. Best way to spot a male or male parts is to look for a cluster of them growing in one spot.

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it is a Hermie you will know within the week most likely

No light leak but I will take extra precautions. Shot boss

Comment

Those pods look similar to male flowers so you may need to pluck them off as you find them. Definitely keep an eye on them.

Yes, when you flip lights and as the plant starts growing pistils, this is when hermaphroditing shows up if it decides to. It's not caused by your veg lighting. It's just a lifespan thing, like after the plant hits "puberty" and starts being a fruiting adult female.

This is is happening to a lot of us lately.
          Where did you get this plant?
          Clone or seed?
          Is this bagseed?

Comment

Wait a couple days if no hair and looks like a pod ball instead of a taco looking thing

Comment

• Deadhead91
              Deadhead91 commented
              Editing a comment
              The best way to tell to is there a mini stem under the pod it’s most likely a male

Deadhead91
            do you mean if the pod is growing on a mini stem or if a mini stem is growing behind? Because I can confirm I've seen a couple pods growing on a stem.

Comment

The advice here has been amazing. Thank you all.

thing is this is my first ever grow. Truth is I'm am tired of dealing with dealers....lol no pun intended.

the plant that I am worried is a hermie has always been my 'Experimental' plant. It comes from bag seed that I got from a friend.
            I did buy some 'proper' seeds direct from Dinafem and have been growing in tandem with the unknown strain. My fear is contamination of the plant I know to be 100% female. I have already separated the plants but logistically this is not a indefinite solution as my grow space is limited as it is.
            my question is can I remove all the pods I see now and carry on as usual or do I just take the decision to completely bin the plant and just be satisfied that my mainlining has been a success and take the knowledge gained and apply to the next grow?

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Chris, here's what happened to me: I had a plant hermie and I didn't realize it; it was growing with 3 other plants. They all got pollinated and I had some seeds, mostly immature, at harvest time. And because I didn't know, I got some pollen in my other grow box, and had some seeds in there. And then because I forgot to scrub down the other box after the grow was over, I got more seeds on my next grow! It only happened to one plant, so I conclude that there was some pollen left on the wall.

Point is: if you let her grow, you'll have to relentlessly pinch off pollen sacs in order to avoid getting pollen all over the place. It's a gamble. If it were me, I'd pull her/him.

@alltatup
            @St.buds
            @Deadhead91
            @Tdh101jr
            KingKush

Just some more pics. Despite the potential setback looming I'm stoked with my progress. It's all due to guys like you who comment and post and hours of research 😉

Many thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful training/mainlining and buds! What strain is it?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X