• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Lola, and the clone army. She, ( ahem, he, um?....) is a clone from my feminized Bubble Gun Pro by Victory seeds, I hermed her with some colloidal silver earlier this fall, and rubbed a little pollen on two buds from the mother plant. Maybe I should have tossed her after, but since I'm a nut job,( and have a very soft spot for plants, specially weed ones) gonna re-vedge and try to keep her around this winter. Really want some offspring from that plant!!! Moma is growing some colas that I think will fill a jar after trimming and curing, smell like strawberys and bubble gum, smell kinda sends me to the moon, so hence my love affair with my dear sweet Lo La!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Buds are still truckin' a long.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          wow those are some fantastic buds ,is that air pump going into dh ?

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks OJH
          No, I got it running into my tea Barrel, I have been mixing earth worm castings and molasses in there the whole grow now, and they really seem to love it!!
          Thinking I may have to let them go for 3 more weeks, since I am going to have to leave for 2 weeks this month ( God, scary, I timed that poorly!) Think I will feed them castings cor one more week, then molasses only the last two weeks.

Feed back on Triches is def welcome from all! Kinda want to harvest a few buds in case the worst happens while I'm away. The CD-1 may actually be getting there?

Well, crap.
        I've been keeping a sharp eye out for this problem, and saw one sugar leaf that was turning yellow and looked out of place compared to the normal late stage yellow fans. Sure enough, just a little bit of botrytis on the base of the leaf. Chopped the bud asap, tossed the top portion, and carefully looked through the bottom part, and hung it to dry.

Think I am going to start harvesting all the biggest colas after work today .
        I think I am at least close enough to have some decent bud if I give em a good long cure, the tester I tried yesterday was actually pretty good, nice hit of Euphoria, which is what I was after with the bubble gun pro strain

Hey, am I doing it right to pitch the top of a bud, and keep everything BELLOW the spot of bud rot??

Thanks for looking, and I will post more pics later.

GH
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Good news! Harvested one big cola after I got home from work, and no bud rot, checked carefully inside all my biggest colas, some yellow single finger leaves, but no more bud rot. Watching them like a hawk, and have all three DH's going, along with my propane heater. Been cold and rainy, just what every grower wants near harvest....
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

I did end up chopping my most ready colas on the CD-1. I think it was quite a bit ahead being a re-vedged plant, and getting a lot of amber triches, with not to many clear ones, so everything that was dense, got clipped.
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Curing, randos, and the last pics are the Jack Herrer.
              "The waiting is the hardest part."
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                very nice nugs I'm surprised you got some rot being in a greenhouse I guess it happens to everyone , dam shame really glad you caught it

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                GreenhouseEffect, Congratulations, fine looking nugs, you got there ole pal.
                I been wondering, where you been, glad you are back,.
                I hope you enjoy your smoke.

Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

Just got back, and my plants ( I mean my buds) fared pretty well. Had to chop maybe a 1/4 pound due to bud rot, but holy crap, there is still a LOT left! Been doing lot's of snipity snip, in addition to all the C*&% I got to do after being gone. Dense, and frosty, all but the smallest buds are worth trimming, thanks to all of you guys giving me so much knowledge hear on Gwe, specially D.a.a.s. for the molasses and casting bubbler idea!!

Ya'lls more then welcome to drop by and have some bud to take home if you want, but you got to trim it yerself!

Growers love,

Greenhouse
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I go out every day now and check my 2 pineapple chunks that are still outside if you can cut the BR out when you see it it slows the spread down (not really but it makes me feel better lol)

Well, finally got the Jack Herrer all chopped up and into curing jars.
                I've been thinking that I tend to cure my buds to fast, because I've been trimming really tight before jarring, and then I burn through the remaining moisture to fast. So I'm trying an experiment( at least to me it is new). Leaving a good chunk of stem on each bud, like a nice little handles worth. Plan to go back through as they get further along, and give a final trim, and chop them down how I like them.
                Will see if this helps. Let me know if anyone thinks I'm screwin up!!

Got about 16 jars like this, counting some I harvested earlier and gave to a friend, lost maybe
                4-5 Oz to bud rot. Thinking it will end up being maybe 8-10 oz of trimmed bud, including the smallest buds I like using for rolling joints. Not much trim off her, prolly get one oz once I dry trim the buds that I just did not have time to wet trim.

Thinkin I got to scale back how much I plant next time! Amazing what 4 plants can do if they have a little space, can only imagine what some of you outdoor growers get! Might start trying to just grow one or two Auto's every once in a while like D.A.S.S. Will give me a good challenge trying not to screw em up like I've been doing, Lol!
                Last edited by GreenhouseEffect; 10-25-2018, 06:03 PM.
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use a drying rack and the best way I've found is to weigh out 100 grams wet then isolate it in the drying rack keep weighing it when it gets down to 30 or below I put it in jars the rh in jars is between 70 and 65 % then I just burp them every day

On like a chicken Bone! The Redneck pushes on.
                Time to roll one and drink a beer to stay motivated! Finally rolled a nice chicken bone sized dewby out of an errant B.G. pro bud, that spent the last couple weeks on the floor of my drying box. Starting to get some smell back, pretty good smoke so far.
                Realized that I had some WPM on the CD-1, I chopped and pitched what i could see, then harvested it all, did a bud wash with just over a cup of h2o2 per 5 Gal of water. Then poached the girls laundry racks to hang on in basement, box fan on high over night. Jorge Cervantes method. Now I got to chop the fans of the remaining 3/4 of the plant....
                Made me think about always washing my buds, never realized how much disgusting stuff is on them. Any little bits of wpm on buds that I find, I'm tossing. Probably do a bud wash on her 2 closest neighbors, to be safe.

Hopefully take down the rest of the critical sat, and then as much of the BG pro as I can get next thur. She is smelling real nice, and think should be about right.

Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, I like this strain. Great dose of giddy euphoria after finishing that little spliff! ( huge goofy grin!) If I can ever dumb stumble over some type of a good cross with this strain, I shall name it children of the sun, like the billy thorpe song(( like yer A just done did got alien abducted in Michigan, (will have to be strong stuff to call it that, though)). Don't no buddy go taken that name, though, or I will have one of those plants roll em up into a GIANT dubey, and smoke them!

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds great, good luck with your harvest.
                  An enjoy that good smoke !!
                  HappyGrowing.

I'll have you know...any time I as much as look at shears, I...
                "Snippity snip" lol

thanks for the infinite chuckleđź‘Ť
                "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Stay tuned, there may be more winter time fun in the works.
                  Organic Soil,
                  with molasses,
                  In a Greenhouse with,
                  Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a couple of bases to make into pipes just love the idea but I want to have a long Gandoff style stem , so in the last Picture what are the stove pipes for

• GreenhouseEffect
                    Editing a comment
                    My wood fired hot tub! If I ever get it built, it's currently in the "Staring and planning" stage. A piece of metal for where it goes through the roof, probably weld a piece of heavier pipe to the top of the stove for the pipe to attach to, along with welding the lid on and filling the extra holes. The thin sheet metal will be a bitch to weld, but I pulled that off one time before.
                    Going to wrap a coil of copper pipe around the stove, then one end will go high, one end low, into the side of a water trough, like I use for a compost bubbler. Maybe some rock or brick around the whole stove and copper pipe, to hold in heat.
                    I figure if I can heat the water in the hot tub, it will radiate back at night, and I can finally quit burning propane. Scored some red wood and cedar boards to make a cover for it with, so I can keep humidity in check. The stove is an old smoker I picked up off the curb last summer, had a free sign on it. Mostly used stove pipe. It's class B gas vent, so we will see how it holds up. I've used stove pipe made of less, so am hopeful that I don't burn myself down!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X