No announcement yet.

Sitting on some organic fertilizer or, "my plants have my back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the raft thing pretty cool experiment . came looking for your post to check out franks home again I have 2000 red wigglers and 500 night crawlers . My issue is space I intend on keeping worms throughout the year so it has to be inside I'll figure it out I still love your idea though think I'll clean a little bit more of cellar and stick it in there thanks for the motivation
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      @OJH If space is a concern I think the Worm Inn may just be for you. It’s sort of like a laundry bag that hangs on a frame, Scraps go in on top, composti and compost juice comes out the bottom. Pretty simple and since it’s a laundry bag the worms get to breathe real well.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would work thanks for the idea , Although I still like greenhouse, Frank home then when I want to take a break I can kick back and not fall out of my stool lol

Hey OJH, that's a nice bunch of worms! I have bought 2000 wrigglers from Uncle Jims before, and that is one mass of wriggling and writhing!!
    If you don't want to do the carpentry, plastic totes with a crap ton of holes drilled, work great, my frank home was built on top of a long pallet that used to hold sheet metal roofing, but lot's of ways to get to a similar outcome.
    I am not to good at planning things out real well, I have general ideas, and just start cutting things ( hopefully not my left thumb ever again!!) and screwing them together, unfortunately I am a lot like my old man that way, never really know what i'm doing, till I have a saw in my hands, and start working! Building it slat style left plenty of room for air flow, and I can post a few more pics of how it's put together, to give food for thought, at least. If you have some decidous leaves on that end of the country, they would like it for bedding way more than the torn up egg cartons and straw that I have to give them, I don't think there is anything else a worm would like more than just some nice fallen leaves to live in, and some kitchen scraps to eat. Such a great and humble little critter, that makes life work on this planet.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a plastic tote already but never liked it I like the thought of wood I'm like you never plan it out just start and see where it wants to go , building it shouldn't be a problem

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool.
      Been having computer problems lately, but thought I'd mention the mouse that has been trying to build a nest in my worm bin! I watered the heck out of it, to make it feel less warm and cozy, might have to start encouraging the neighbors cat to start coming in there for it's petting, maybe some handfuls of cat fur in the bin, to. Plans of rodentacide are a brewin.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      one of the new style traps they work pretty good if gotten 8 mice 2 moles and a chipmunk from the cellar lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	197831
    My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
    The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Oh, god!! Sure hope that doesn't happen!
      Better get my traps out there, dam thing will get hungry and eat more of my salad greens!

checked the worm bin yesterday and had worms all over the place forgot to leave a light on the first night there about a hundred dead ones around the tote .raked the frount yard and took all the leaves and grass and mixed it in the bins so maybe they will be happier lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Awe.... I'm sorry, thought to mention lights being good first night, they'll do great anyway though, little buggers are FERTILE!

Well, been gone the last weak, and came back to all of my plants being and alive and well!!
    The four that were flowering are now 1-3 weeks away from harvest, and I now need to restrain myself!
    Funny thing is, my Blue Dream and Black D.O.G. from Humboldt, are now full on flowering!!?? Been on the natural light cycle of the sun since late March, with plenty of light leaks coming through the greenhouse, very strange, maybe they are making up for all the Autos people plant, and get photos. Oh well, wouldn't mind a little more bud before the end of summer I guess....
    Computer still down, but will at least take pics before harvest, and post them when I can. Getting sticky and smelly in my House
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      my house stinks as well plants drying, plants curing Who needs Yankee Candle lol

3 pretty little heads popped out of the soil yesterday and today, to say hello. Bubble Gum Pro, Victory Seeds- Jack Herrer,Seedsman,- and Critical, RQS. All Fems,and all freebies from Seedsman.
    Hopefully they re-send my order from the 420 sale that got stollen by customs( no name or badge number in that section of the form, so thinking he kept them). Really want to plant a Raspberry Cough and Strawberry Banana Grape from that order, as part of my fall harvest. Some of the Pineapple Autos by Fast buds if I can find the space! ( gotta grow some food in that house to).

Trimmed a little more of my AKxBlueberry bagseed today, won't get a lot, cause I flowered at 4 weeks, but was good to smoke a little fresh scissor hash this evening, down to the trimmy Shcwaggy stuff from last summer, ( man I'm spoiled, but the home grown stuff is way better than the crap they sell ya in the dispensary's!)

Keep on growing in the free world, or telling 'em to F off if it ain't free were ya are!!

G.E.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Will be curious to see your Jack Herrer. I am growing one of those freebies from Seedsman now. I understand that there are several phenos. Mine was short and squat with very tight node spacing during veg. She stretched a bit, but didn't quite keep up with the others and is still the shortest plant. Buds look amazing though (Flower day 40) and she smells delicious!
      I have some of the Critical seeds from RQS too, so I'll keep my eye on them as well.

Customs seems to be cracking down? My order got seized last month. New seeds are supposed to be in transit as of 5 days ago.

wow those are the only two seed seizures I've heard about that must really suck

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was thinking... It's kind of crazy that there is a legitimate business that is willing to package things like that. Somebody must have spent quite a bit of time preparing and assembling and gluing.
      I'll be curious to know what you think of yours when it arrives.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats Campesino I like that and some Surprises how did they package it ?
      GreenhouseEffect https://www.growweedeasy.com/cloning-marijuana-guide this is the cloning guide if you have questions about cloning after reading let me know its easy just a couple of things to be careful of

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Thanks OJH!
      Will go through her again before I clone. Waiting for the Larfy stuff left on the base of two plants(which I already took the colas off of) to get a little more bulk, then two clones will take there place.

Decided this afternoon to try cloning that Blue Dream and making Feminized seeds from clones. Started a thread for advice on cloning in vedge, have heard people talk about doing it, so gonna try.
    Will have the plant count for poky ass re-vedge clones, hear pretty soon, and most of my grow space set aside for big Photos', so might as well try. Been a dream so far, getting a little bit of almost a Lemon Meringue smell now, kinda lemon yellow pistils, did some defol on her today, wish I could upload pics right now, gonna have to drop dough on a new pc soon.

You can kinda guess where my mind is in my green house right now probably!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

I am fortunate enough to borrow a back up PC that I can post pics from, Yay!!
    Lot's of stuff has grown and changed, as I continue to try and balance my little piece of ecosystem peace.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a beautiful waterfall you got in your greenhouse!

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It's from some undisclosed dessert lair, in the american south west

We went from winter to summer this week, so pulled the bubble wrap off the ceiling, and did some things to keep my temps down.
    The Geothermal cooling system only kind of works, because I only have about 20 feet of french drain buried, it should be under the entire greenhouse to perform optimally, some day I might get this how I want it. It still helps though, just like a basement stores cool air. One small booster fan to run, and basically free cooling. Added one section of shade cloth today, my goal is to need as little as possible right now, and keep my air exchange requirements as low as possible to since I have plants in flower, I want as much sun as I can get, and more air exchange means more need to filter the air so I don't stink up the hood to bad!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      You seem fairly resourceful think you can extend the bamboo. I’d think you could just duct tape another piece of bamboo to one of your stakes as an “extension”

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have literally been thinking about different ways to do that - duct tape plan.
      The issue is that the existing supports are all tied to the plant and trying to add things disturbs the whole set-up. It's sticky in there too.
      As I watch them this morning, I think that they might be strong enough. I have like 4 more 4' bamboo, which reaches high enough.

Sorry GreenhouseEffect but if you put up a picture with tomato cages, Locrian99 and I are going to end up discussing them for about 10-15 comments

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha!! No worries, was kinda entertained. My cages are only on the tomatoes though. Feel free to post a pic of what ya have going on, if you want any redneck engineering ideas...

Carbon filters over the box fan are helping out a little bit. I want to add a major carbon filter by this fall, but need more money first.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      glad you put the name under the picture I never would of figured that out lol, hey do you use the bubble wrap for insulation talk about great ideas wow

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Yep! Added it last fall, helps quite a bit, my fall crops kinda fell apart, but I was able to start growing Jan 11th this year in the GH, partly cause of the bubble wrap, started seeds inside a grow ten, inside the greenhouse.
      What a lot of the big growers do, might work better though. They add a 2nd layer of plastic, and then ad a small little mushroom fan. It inflates the gap in between the layers of plastic, and does basically the same thing, but with less hassle than what I did. once summer rolls around, and it becomes to much insulation, they simply turn thew fan off. Bubble wrap works really well for a small area though.

I planted both these Humboldt Black D.O.G. photo periods on the same date, and grew them under the same conditions, except for how long the vedge was.
    The first plant was actually the strong one during seedling stages, I switched it to 12-12 in February, the second plant started flowering on it's own last month, think the day's were just not quite long enough with all the the trees and hill to my west.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      The first plant is about 1 1/2 feet tall, and needs another week or two till harvest, seems to be putting on all it's bulk at the end. The second plant, about 3 foot tall, needs another month anyway. Will be very interested to compare harvest dates versus amount! I did have a small light leak or two at the start of the small plant flowering, but still kinda makes a big case for waiting a little longer to switch! I really like the smell on the D.O.G. fruity with some banana mixed in now. Maybe a hint of almost a ginger bread undertone, to.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your description of the smell, plants look great to

Did some harvesting today. The two BlueberryxAK bag seed, flowered at 4 weeks. Took the colas off a while ago, and let the larfy stuff underneath put on a little more weight before I cut the whole plant.

Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Did some cloning to taker there place...
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenhouseEffect, looking great, keep up the good work.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        do you leave them right there next to the mother?

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Daas.
        Yep! Only during the day though, moving them next to the seedlings and the closer to the heater at night. Checked the spot under the mother plant, and stays pretty close to temp and humidity for clones. Waiting on the smaller Black DOG to finish, then will move them to that grow tent, and probably put a light on them along with the seedlings, autos, and CD-1, at least till days get really long.

The newest addition to my mini ecosystem. I have had problems before, of them running off and finding a nice place to die. They still seam to be happy after all day in there new home.
      The difference is that I refrigerated them overnight as soon as they arrived, the cold is supposed to settle them down. Just before I released them, I sprayed all of them down with water and molasses. I also watered the vegetation where I planned to release them, so they would have a drink after transport. I let them out in the morning of a cool and overcast day, which helps keep them where you put them, evening is also a good time to let them out.

I had a aphid problem starting out over in my Vedgy bed, none on the cannabis though. Will do my best to give them a good environment, so they become a permanent part of the garden, just like Frank.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenhouseEffect, sounds like a heck of a good plan, sure hope you get them under control, lol
        Keep a close eye on the MJ , but I'm sure that you will , good luck with them, and have a nice evening. And HappyGrowing! !!

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the agro-ecological approach. I have thought about introducing lady bugs to my tent, but I just can’t imagine they would be happy in there. I bet they’ll love your greenhouse though

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Your bugging out,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X