Clones from a clone....=-O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones from a clone....=-O

So, I have a really beautiful pre 98 bubble gum kush.. had three seeds to start an only two sprouted... This was almost year an half ago.. anyways I was just starting to try cloning an only ended up taken like five cuts from each plant.. after they all rooted I ended up giving three to a friend.. an I flowered the mothers now an most the first round of clones.. so as of now I have one original clone from each... Not even thinking about it I cloned these two to get about 12 more clones for out doors this season... As of now all the clones rooted an I have them in half gallon milk jugs going strong! I topped 4 of them an lollipopped em.. but I guess I'm just asking if anyone else has done this an how it worked out for them?!

ive done basically the same thing, got a green crack, took a couple clones before flowering, those two clones grew pretty well, i took some more clones and flowered them keeping the two first generation clones as mothers... eventually i kept one little clone and flowered the two mothers. i ended up flowering the last clone too so i could get into different genetics. as long as you keep the mother healthy they can be cloned indefinitely, just like bannanas any other seedless fruit theese days (: you are doing great

Comment

From past experience helping a mate with cloning, the genetics start going downhill at about the 7th generation. He doesn't keep a clone mother, he takes clones, grows out the mothers, takes clones of the first lot of clones then puts the first lot of clones into flower before cloning the second generation of clones etc etc.
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Second round clones are about finish!! Looks like half clear an half turning milky trichomes! Switching from koolbloom liquid too overdrive an koolbloom powder

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking very nice farmer

About to start the flush, gave them there last feeding three days ago.. I will start my flush like I always do, general hydro flush for the first flush.. I run 5,to 7 gals of it threw my two pots.. then at the end I dump a lightly sweetened mixed gal of water threw... Then fresh water rest of two weeks

Comment

This is an interesting subject. I know many who do not use mothers and use the cut before you flip method. Having the same strain for years or even decades without change. Genetics tells us that without sexual reproduction, genetics cannot change or shift. So the clones, no matter how many times they have been recloned. Will have the exact same DNA as their orignial seeder genes. There are of course long term shifts through genetic mutation, but they occur over much longer time scales (centuries) and of much smaller variation compared to other evolutionary mechanisms.

The aspect we notice that enables different characteristics is phenotype expression. Which develop early on and remain enchanged or locked in after maturity. So you can clone repeatidly without change of characteristics for theoretically forever. In some cases when using a new mother or early generation cloning, the phenotypes can develop specific traits that may be negative traits to the grower. In which case you would start again until a suited phenotype is found. This is the process used in larger cultivation farms.
          Last edited by DrPhoton; 05-09-2018, 08:24 PM.
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

Sixth gen in flower fifth and forth gen in veg small one at the bottom left.acorn snowbud

Comment

Some cool foxtails all over the agent orange. Crazy I always thought it was a bad thing! I almost freaked out when the mother plant started doing it. But after doing a bunch of reading I guess I'm all good.. every orange I've done from this strain here has done the same so... Still ends up being nice smoke

Comment

The flower tent with my clones doing great, will be cut down in a few days after the pots dry out!

Comment

Started to harvest! For the first plant ( agent orange) cut down, trimmed an hung up! I usually don't weigh my plants wet anymore.. Lol to upsetting with the lost every time.. so they will hang in the dry but two or three days.. then chopped up some more an thrown in jars to cure... The bubble gum Kush in going to let sit in another night of darkness before i chop her down.. as of now the agent oranges buds seem way way bigger so... Probably the bigger of the two this time around!! I'll post pics tomorrow! Happy growing y'all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X