Add a 5th Light - Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a 5th Light - Yes or No?

I have four Mars Hydro 300s in a 4x4 tent and am considering adding a fifth light in the middle of the tent to increase yield, and most importantly, bud density. Im thinking of an auto cob but looking for suggestions...another led..money better spemt elsewhere...thoughts?

That should be enough in that area unless you wanna switch em out and start out again with more powerful lights period. Mars hydro 300's are weak lights but four of them in a 4x4 isnt bad. Keep em close in flower and you'll be fine. You can move them to like 14-16 inches away in flower, some put them closer.

Comment

Ive been useing 4, 300 watt led in a 4x4 tent for a year and it would be my opinion to follow through with what you got . It has worked well for me. Ive tried useing 3 and it was to little and 5 which seemed to much . Good luck

Comment

I went to 6 in a 5x5 tent ,I think 4 will do fine in a 4x4
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks all. Anything else I should do to increase bud density like added nutrients on top of the grow, bloom, and cal-mag I'm using? Are the Mars lights OK or maybe swap em for some other LED?

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on what you wanna spend. Those Mars 300 are pretty weak running at .650 mA and only 6 channel.

Here is another approach.

On this grow I've swapped out 4, 300 watt viperspectra LED's with 2, 315 LEC's. Certainly not a scientific experiment, but this is my largest grow yet. Had a bit of a heat problem but solved it with more exhaust and cooler air to the grow area that the tent is in. These Autos seem to be finishing up faster compared to previous grows, but I didn't manifold this grow, only LST and super cropping.

The 4 LED's drew about 520 watts...the 2 LEC's draw just a bit more at 696 watts. I really like the fact you can "see" the true color of the plants.

I've been through 600 watt MH and HPS, 4 300 watt LED and now the LEC's. I think I will be staying with the LEC's

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I want an lec......

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Hay Duch if thay would give us a discount for buying more than one I’d go in with u 🤑always looking for a deal💸

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ill keep it in mind Potted. I may go to LEC next christmas ( early Christmas present to myself, lol ).

Hey rydin, yeah. I'm with Insight ,I sure like my 315cmh.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

How are the LEC as far as heat goes? How many lights or watts to run in combination with some LED in a 4x4?

Comment

With 4 300 watt LED's in a 4'x4'x7' tent with 6" Phresh carbon filter and Can max fan, the temps ran in the high 70's to low 80's.

With one 315 LEC the temps were in the high 70's. When I added the second LEC, the temps were rising into the mid to high 80's. I added another 6" filter and fan and more cooling to the room the tent was in and now the temps run high 70's to 81°. I use external ballasts and keep them outside the tent, they are a significant source of heat. (same with the HPS ballast)

Temps with the LEC seems to run about the same as 3 300 watt LED's or one air cooled 600 watt HPS...and if I look at the wattage...3 LED's is almost 400 watts (3.3 amps) draw, the LEC draws 350 watts (3.0 amps) and the 600 watt HPS draws a little over 5 amps.

rydin4life .. I'd consider adding 1 315 LEC and try with 2 LED's, would give great coverage and penetration and probably keep the heat the same as you have now.

Comment

I run only one sun 315 in a 4x4 and get great results. I roll on the K.I.S.S theory, seems to work well.

Comment

• Insight
                Insight commented
                Editing a comment
                I have no doubt it works great.

Thought's on adding a small T5 fixture to my current setup? I've never used them. How are they with heat and helping with bud production?

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                T5's arent really for flowering, more for veg.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X