No announcement yet.

Looking for Help first time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercropping can be a wonderful thing. They say it's an advanced grower method, but is really quite simple and effective. Read Nebulas tutorial, and check out Campesino's thread on it. Level out your canopy so everybody gets the good light.

Comment

• Drekthar
      Drekthar commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree and have been doing some reading on it but most articles I have read do not recommend it with autoflowers and not after they switch to flower.

Hi Drekthar ,
    there is no problem with supercropping autos. Also not a problem to supercrop even late in the stretch. If you look at my journals during the second and third week of the stretch i supercrop almost daily.
    Be sure to pinch more than anything. As hard as you can with the pads of your fingers. You should feel the inner structure of the plant give way and become pliable. I always recommend practicing on the stems of large fan leaves where you can do no harm. Can practice on leaves right after you trim them or while still on the plant. It will give you a sense of how much pinching must be done before any folding is risk free.
    Cheers

Comment

Plants are getting close. The blueberry is showing some red in the trichomes. The Blue cheese is not sowing any red as yet. Curious if anyone can answer a question.
      1. The 2 plants share a reservoir and the roots are kind of entangled. So I pretty well need to flush both plants the same time. Is there a different solution?

Some close ups with my new Nikkor 60mm f2.8 micro lense

Im a bit disappointed with the size of the buds. About week 4 i put anew light in a Viperspect 600 w LED so hopefully my next try will produce some bigger buds.
      Last edited by Drekthar; 06-04-2018, 11:57 PM.
      3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
      New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
      Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
      5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm growing a Blueberry in soil outdoors (as well as several others). I'm interested in seeing your finished product just before harvest & just after trim.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I also have a single reservoir for up to four plants; the root tangling is inevitable. I always pick the strains I'm gonna grow based on their flower time, although my nutes are so low by the time I'm harvesting that I often don't flush at all. It's never been a problem in terms of harshness.

Bill the small plant on the right in the pictures is the Blueberry auto. I am in the last week of nutes per the GH Trio Nute schedule. SO on Friday i plan to start to flush so maybe chop the blueberry down after a short 2-3 day flush. The wife smokes in paper all the time anyways so it shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Alltatup I plan to retire my single reservoir after this first time using. I have purchased 3 individual buckets BUBBLER Bucket Self-watering Plant Growing Hydroponic 5-gal DWC H2OtoGro so i plan to use these next time. 5 gallons of RO water here in town cast $8.99 so i plan to move my nute changes up from current 7 days to 10 days to keep the cost down since i will be using about 2 times more water than the previous grow. We can get weed online for $200-$250 per oz so im having a hard time trying to figure any potential cost savings by growing unless I can increase my yields somehow. Electricity is $.61 per kw after the first 560 kw so power bill is running about $500 per month.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Drekthar I will tell you this: Once you try your own home grown, you won't ever want anything else again. I sure hope it's cost-effective for ya!!! Best hobby in the world.

Drekthar ,GoodMorning, your pictures are beautiful, I've grown BlueBerry several times, never disappointed either, some of the most potent mj, I have ever smoked.lol
        Have you ever tried growing in or making you on "supersoil""? It might not be quite as fast as DWC, but it ain't slow by any means.
        Then you can quit buying nutrients and ro, water. And save that money. You can keep using you soil over and over, if you take care of it.
        Anyway, good luck with your harvest.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome response.

• BillBates
          BillBates commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Awesome response.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X