Very yellow plants in flower [VERY SICK]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Very yellow plants in flower [VERY SICK]

Hey guys, this is my third grow, only my second harvest im going to get to finish tho. Its been awhile since my last grow, and this time im not seeming to do so well. My plants have been quite yellow during flowering, way more than they should be but now its getting so outta control its starting to effect my buds and im bout 3-4 weeks from harvest! Heres some info about my grow to help you know a bit bout whats going on.

What should I do?

Nute Lineup:
    Mad Farms MOAB Mothers of all Bloom (0, 52, 32)
    General Organics BioThriveBloom (2, 4, 4)
    Zen Products Candy Man (0, 0, 4)

Nute Schedule:
    On one feed ill use BioThriveBloom, and on the next alternating I use MOAB, and Candy man.

Last couple feed amounts:
    BioThriveBloom - 20mL
    MOAB - ~1mL ------------ I Do believe this cause some nute burn so i havent used it in a little, plan on diluting it way down.
    Candy Man - 7.5mL
    Epsom Salt - 1/2TSP
    Always ph'ed to 6.3-6.5

Soil run off test:
    Control water stats - (Includes MOAB, Candy Man, Epsom salt, see Last Feed for amounts)
    Control water pH: 6.4
    Control water ppm: 700

Soil water pH: 6.4
    Soil water ppm: 3100

Last Feed:
    MOAB - ~1mL
    Candy Man - 7.5mL
    Epsom Salt - 1/2 TSP

Growing medium: Soil - Potters Gold

Temps:
    Daytime - (75-78)
    Nighttime - (72-75)

Humidity: 10%-30% (Possibly lower than 10%, dont know if my temp/humidity reader says under 10% RH)

Light:
    600watt HPS

Some pics of my girls:
    Pic 1 (Full pic of my wifi)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0018281.jpg Views:	6 Size:	920.3 KB ID:	188200
    Pic 2(Up close of my zulu)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0019001.jpg Views:	3 Size:	458.9 KB ID:	188201
    Pic 3(Up close of my wifi)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0018381.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1,015.4 KB ID:	188193
    Pic 4(Full pic of my zulu)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0018541.jpg Views:	1 Size:	789.1 KB ID:	188194
    Pic 5(The enivorment, closed, locked, closet)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0040511.jpg Views:	1 Size:	671.5 KB ID:	188195
    Africian ZwaZulu (Left) WiFi / a.k.a White Fire OG (Right)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180322_0019131.jpg Views:	1 Size:	779.2 KB ID:	188196
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kushroom420; 03-23-2018, 12:57 AM.

If you have to water soon I would water and check your pH out just to see what zone you are in.

From the nutes you shared you are getting barely any nitrogen into them. You still need enough to sustain the plant. It looks like a cal/mag and nitrogen issue. Maybe because of a root zone pH imbalance or just not enough of fed of all 3
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Got ya, I thought it might be a lack of nitrogen, but didnt know, thought id be good with just what was there cause its suppost to be a flower nute. I dont quite like the lineup might switch next time. As for cal/mag I forgot I do give that to it once in a while, i believe 1 TSP or something close to that per every gal, but its just straight mag (Epsom salts).

As for checking my pH, how should I do it, I only have the bluelabs water meter, how could I get a accurate read from run off?

Comment

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        is it a ppm and ph meter?

Hey kush, I agree with UrbZ, you need some nitrogen until the last couple of weeks of flower. ph to 6.3 to 6.6 (my opinion) after you add all nutrients / supplements. Use your ph meter to measure the tail end of your runoff to get an idea of ph at the roots. Most important is the ph of your mix going in though. I use the bottled cal-mg and it's about 1 tsp per gallon. One thing to consider is a mini flush too. You could have salt buildup preventing proper nutrient uptake by the plants. You have some great bud growing there and I think you'll be fine with a little tweaking.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Hey guys I did as yall said and ran the soil water run off test. Kind of interesting results, hopefully I did it right. Didnt do on both plants tho due to lack of space but id imagine there the same since the are on same feed schedule. I read that your ph should be bout a whole point below or above the control water, and mine is exactly the same so im not sure on that one but heres the stats.

Soil run off test:
        Control Water stats - (Includes MOAB, Candy Man, Espom salt, see original post for amounts)
        Control water pH: 6.4
        Control water ppm: 700

Soil water pH: 6.4
        Soil water ppm: 3100

Looks like I may be burning the hell outta them at the 3100ppm's, what do you guys think? Thanks yall!

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I would do a flush if it were me.You wanna get yhose nutes out of the soil

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          There's hasn't been a lot of nitro in that feed and flushing will probably make it disappear all together. 3-4 weeks to go i wouldn't give them a lot of nitro but they will need some for sure if you flushed. 2/56/36 sounds like a late bloom feed.

I've had same issue with my current white widow grow. I flushed with lighter than normal nutes, (ff tiger bloom) seems to have alleviated the problem.

Comment

Thanks guys, your all so very knowledgeable, i appreiate you taking the time to point me in the right direction! Imma give them a flush and feed them lightly and hope yhings get better! Ill post back with updates, thanks again!

Edit: Just finished trimming the last of my girls last night. And woah did it turn out better than expected! The zulu came out beautifully, nice dense nugs, with a very sweet smell, nd a decent taste. The Wi-Fi on the other hand got some bad burns on the buds, but i managed to trim her good enough to make due, not as dense as the zulu, nor is there a smell. Taste is alright, can taste the candy man ever so slightly, but other than that she smokes good. I thank yall very much for your advice!
          Last edited by kushroom420; 04-29-2018, 07:44 PM. Reason: :)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X