No announcement yet.

New Grow with Dinafem auots & automatic watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no flower from the alleged Critical 2+ Auto. If it was mislabeled then I can't know if it;s even a Dinafem plant. I'm going to keep it in veg until I harvest the Industrials then scrog it and let it go mad. It'll be my attempt to break a LB with the 315 LEC

Meanwhile the Industrials are all responding to their situations in their own way. The one on the left, rear is fattening up while the other two are still more wispy and delicate. I think I see a change from day to day and expect them to catch up, although the node spacing on these two is more spaced. Fragrance is lemony, very nice. starting to get sticky. I'll say that my first grow with photos, my last grow, I was not at this point at 6 weeks. far from it. the speed and progress is astonishing

Mega Crop + Liquid Kool Bloom at around 1000 ppm total for the flowers and just Mega at around 500 600 ppm for the vegger. 2x per day

complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

2.5 weeks from 70 days, Dinafem says 70 days to harvest

Quit Liquid Kool Bloom and started Dry Kool Bloom. 1/4 Tsp per gallon
      Mega Crop at 850 -900 ppm (tap water at 125)

PPM under 1000. was up to 1200 with no bad effects. Buds are fattening on the 2 thinner phenos of Industrial, the 1st one to flower is fat and probably ready at 70 days or earlier if I am guessing

These plants are tough, really no problems so far, just feed and defoliate, keep a breeze on them and try to keep temps from getting too high. Topping and LST has produced lots of buds sights but I should have been a bit more aggressive with this about 4 weeks ago. a few too many side branches producing small flowers.

The unknown photo plant is hanging in and getting massive. No idea what to do about it, 12 more weeks of it will put me into September, using AC through July and august. It's going to be a pain and a drain but It could yield a ton of buds. Wish I knew what it was.

sorry pictures suck, new phone coming today, nice camera shat the bed
      Last edited by Cronk; 06-14-2018, 09:27 AM.
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, same until flush. I;m guessing I'll start flushing the early budder in about 10 days or less to get the 2 weeks. I'll play it by eye. I see no problems associated with this level. The Mega guy said they wouldn't burn and they didn't. The Advanced and GH stuff I used last sure did, but still, not horrible, but noticeable

I get a pretty good amount of runoff so that may have something to do with it.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I do believe there are benefits to lowering PPM during the final week as you approach the flush. Most nutrient schedules cut PPMs almost in half during the "Ripen" week. This increases the flow of water into the plant and may encourage it to focus more on flower development than on manufacturing sugars in the roots. If EC is high the plant must spend a lot of energy producing sugars to draw water into its roots.
        But I am not familiar with the specific recommendations from Mega

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the info. I asked over at AFN, Mega has a presence there

Keep meaning to update but my new phone won't connect to my pc so I can't edit the photos. I'll have to come back with them later. the phone is keeping me stupid like it's designed to do

I began flushing yesterday at day 61. Runoff ppm is at 1200. Not that it means anything but what's accumulated in the medium but the Mega Crop is only at 1200 whereas the Advanced and General Hydro products have been upward of 3000 ppm on the previous grow in the runoff by the end. I realize I've been very high with ppm but the plants did not suffer in the slightest. I saw maybe 3 or 4 slightly burned tips throughout the whole grow. The leaves are rather dark so my plan for a 10 14 day flush should leave me clean. There will be plenty of nutes in the plant to feed itself for this long

Pistils are 90% white, some areas less, maybe 80%

buds are really fat and very wet. I did a final defol. and had resin running down my hand like fruit. Some of the colas are very long and packed all the way up and the smell is wonderful.

Can't wait to see what happens next

The Massive vegger is out of the tent and under a LED A lamp. I'm really just keeping it alive on low light and low nutes. Still healthy. Not sure what I'll do but I just don't have the heart to cut it down.
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Put them back on nutes yesterday for thinking that my flush was premature. I had taken a snip of a top bud and the trichomes were mostly clear from what I could tell. This morning they are all milky in a different sample. A few amber.

So I'm thinking I take them off nutes again and resume flush.

anyone have any input?
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Campesino. my water is around 125 and my leaves are a deep green color. I'm thinking I;m good for the nest 7+ days to reach clear by harvest

I'm not running anything besides ph'd water

total ppm is 500 right now.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Campesino I guy over at AFN gave me this link. I have not digested it all but I think you might find it interesting. I'm not saying I;m on board, just another theory/practice

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          In my very limited understanding of growing it makes sense to me to flush out what you can. or, at least get the plant to use up what it's storing and not take up any new stuff. I think it has to effect the flavor and quality of smoke but then again, I try to remain simple when it comes to most things. Seems to be a trend to not flush, though

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          for me, I want the plant to use up what it has stored. That seems like it takes longer than 4-5 days but I'm fine with it. I want a super clean smoke

getting pretty close now. runoff ppm is around 300. I stopped ph'ing the water now as the leaves are so green and the trichs are milky. Buds are fattening up and drinking way less water. nearly all of what I put in flows out. I read that this strain will stop drinking at the end. Pretty much everything said about this Dinafem strain came true. solid expectations.

not long now.

complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Hey Cronk! It appears I have missed your whole grow, but it looks like you are doing a great job with it! I've never grown photos, only autos.

I've grown 20 autos so far (3 going right now), and 2 of my plants wouldn't flower. I didn't have the chance to keep them in veg and switch them to 12-12 because my plants are all on different schedules. It really sucked taking them down, but I suppose it's part of the game.

I also just got on the Megacrop bandwagon. I bought the 21 lb bag because I have spent $55 on way worse things than a bag of nutrients that will last me years lol. I plan to get their other additives once I use all mine. I've been using it for about a week now and my plants seem happy.

While the seed companies say it's so many days from harvest, that's just a general guideline. I've had the same strain finish in 70 days on one plant and 86 days on another.

Great journal! Enjoy your harvest, and welcome to the world of autos lol.
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            Doubledealing72 thanks for stopping by. yes, the non auto thing is a drag. screws up the whole plan.

here are some flash shots out of tent. They are frosty and sticky and smell wonderful. all 3 plants are exactly the same regarding trichome development which is to say they are all milky, 100% I see just a few amber on some sugar leaves. My guess is that by mid week I'll be thinking about chopping

Here's my main concern. They have stopped drinking. most of what I put in comes out so I don't want to overwater them causing possible rot and too humid conditions. I didn't water last night and I'm thinking of not doing so this morning. The pots are still heavy and they look fine. ppm is down to about 200

how should they be watered at this point?
          Last edited by Cronk; 06-30-2018, 02:00 PM.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks Camp. I did over-water the photo that was supposed to be an auto. I had been keeping it in veg while I decided what to do with it, put it under a low watt lamp and kept it watered. the leaves started turning black. I think because it wasn't really growing further and has a giant root ball in a 3 gallon pot. It;s just waiting to burst with some light but in stasis it just started to rot

Today is day 70 and I'm looking at 3 amazingly developed plants with about 95% milky and 5% amber trichomes. The smell is so fruity and the buds are giant and sticky. Leaves are just beginning to yellow and nutes are gone from the medium.

for this plant, for all 3 for that matter to be ready anywhere near day 70, from what I understand, is an unbelievable feat of breeding. add that they are all in the same exact place in trichome development is awesome and so nice, By the look of it they will all come down on Wednesday July 4th. the perfect day to buck the current administration here in the usa with a cannabis harvest

smells of melons, lemons and summer breezes. these pics are form the same plant. It's the shortest but have the fullest colas. my guess is that these will be 3-4 ounces each.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Reminds me of Christmas....frosty. Beautiful buds you did a great job!

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks all

Talk about trichomes...the buds look white! Nice job Cronk, and have a happy harvest!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            I used the flash. It kind of lights up the trichomes. Looks regular otherwise

they're ready. trichomes are 95% cloudy 5% amber. most pistils are brown, buds are turning somewhat purple. That's good for me. I don't like the sleepy smoke.

I'm trying the 24 hour darkness thing and will chop down tomorrow.

pictures pre cut
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X