Growing autoflowers in DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing autoflowers in DWC

Does anybody out there have any experience growing auto flowers in deep water culture? I have been relatively successful growing photoperiod strains. So now I’m going to try autoflowers. Some of my questions are about nutrients, and photoperiod as it relates to trichome production. My understanding being that the majority of trichones are produced during dark periods. And if I am giving my autoflowers 18-20 hours of light, does that adversely effect their production?

Grow well. Be well.

I'm currently running a BF Sweettooth auto along with a RQS Amnesia OG in a couple of DWC buckets. I vegged them at 21 hr for approx 6 weeks-the Sweettooth had already started to flower when I switched to 12/12 for the Amnesia. Even though it's only seeing 12 hrs of light, the Sweettooth is really impressing me with quantity and quality of flower. I'm using Megacrop on these two buckets and haven't had to change feedings or amounts from feedchart.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

That business about trichomes being produced in darkness is a popular folklore IMO. I grew an auto in DWC with non-stop, 24-hour-a-day light from seedling to harvest and it produced an amazing amount of very sticky bud. Just take good care of an auto and it will provide.

Comment

This is right, cellular respiration is continually operating at all times. Which would be providing the precursors for the manufacturing of cannabinoids in the resin glands. However we have not yet established wether manufacturing is higher at night or day or wether it is negligable. It is known that light degrades THC, wether this is from UV degradation or heat. But nothing has established the level of degradation. This of course is negligable as it is obvious that the manufacturing of cannabinoids is faster than the degradation. So dark is not required for cannabinoid production.

The question remains, does the dark benefit in the production of cannabinoids. I say yes.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X