Is she starting to flower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she starting to flower??

Ok, this is my blackberry auto that I started in January. She broke soil on Jan 15th, this is the one I posted pics of, was told my soil was junk, then re potted in FFOF. As of today she is 63 days old. Since this is my first grow, I'm posting these photos to ask if she is getting ready to start going into her flowering stage? I tried to get a close up of the small cluster that it has on several branches. I have removed a lot of the larger leaves that were shading these areas.
    Last edited by Pyro1711; 03-19-2018, 04:43 PM.

I dont see flowers yet. 63 days old is too long for an Auto to not flower. Youll need to run a 12/12 light schedule to force the issue.

Comment

It looks like the very beginning of crystals on the close leaf. Cut back on the water tho. And keep posting

Comment

ya Pyro with those clawed leaves its saying you still have some root or wind issues. don't fret I have 2 critical s that are in my bloom room that were in Auto room for about the same time lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Pyro1711
          Pyro1711 commented
          Editing a comment
          It must be root issues, because that plant had never seen wind until yesterday when I put a small 6 inch fan in the tent...

Well...one more week has passed, clawing has somewhat gone away, but still no signs of flowers.... Am I fighting a losing battle and should I just throw her outside into the compost pile and start something else?

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is your light schedule?

These are photos from today, 6 days after the original photos at the top were taken. 3 days ago I put her outside in the sun, at night I put it in the back of wife's SUV to protect it from animals and the somewhat chilly nights. I would say light schedule is around 12\12 at the moment, maybe 13\11? Pretty much have given up on it ever flowering, I'm using it to try super cropping methods and also going to give a clone or two a try so I can do those methods on a non auto jack herrer I have growing. If she flowers, that will be great! If she doesn't, well I tried even though I really wanted to taste a black berry that's why I ordered this seed! I guess if this one keeps growing I'll just keep trying stuff on it, unless I can figure out some magical way to get it to flower.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          DUDE !!!! Your plant is starting to flower. Look close. The white wispy's are flowers starting. I can see em when I enlarge the picture. Im 99% posittive. Can anyone else back me up on this?

• Pyro1711
          Pyro1711 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutchman1 maybe it's light reflection from the sun, but I honestly didn't see any white on her when I took the photo...I'll look again tomorrow just to double check....

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No , Im looking at white pistils I see sticking up in a few places. Someone will confirm it if Im not wrong. 2nd branch from the right in the first picture , near top behind branch sticking out to left. Other places. Heck even my wife could see it and she jut looks at mine now and then. Also third branch from top to right, Again left side pistils sticking out.
          Last edited by Dutchman1; 03-25-2018, 10:22 PM.

Dutchman is right, that plant is totally starting to flower. Looks like pistols to me, particularly in the first picture. She has the look about her of an auto that is starting to flower, at least how mine looked at the start of bloom.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Hate to think I smoked or drank to much and Im seeing things.....lol.

• Pyro1711
          Pyro1711 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad if it is!!! I am still recovering from eye surgery though, so honestly my vision is not the best. And...I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm definitely going to look with glasses tomorrow when I get home from work!!

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Dutch and green

Your looking for small whispy white strands.

Comment

Pyro, I mean no offense but there is a huge amount of information that starts really simply on http://www.growweedeasy.com . You really should look into it. Its a fun and easy read and amazingly good info if your gonna grow at all seriously.

Comment

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            No offense taken @Dutchman1... I'm still finding a lot out about the website.

Even by looking at the photo you posted Dutchman1 I still didn't understand what I was looking for....even wife was a little confused. Wife's youngest daughter came over today and her boyfriend, was a surprise visit, and wife forgot to hide the plant! Daughter's boyfriend says " nice looking plant! It's starting to flower...". He showed my wife what to look for and now she sees it! Sadly...wife showed me....I don't see it😯 .

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait till the buds start to swell, youll see it then.

Dutchman1 ...I see it on my other auto I have.... And this one is a critical that is 3 weeks behind the blackberry...

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal !!!

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            Very cool!
            I think they just got stressed and it slowed them down, they always say that about Autos. Mine got some stress early on, and after almost 10 weeks they are not quite to the "puff ball" stage, the breeder says 8 weeks from germ to harvest for my strain.

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have them both outside, they both seem to like that a lot! They are both getting taller.

Here they are 1 week later... Both are outdoors 24\7 on mother nature's sunlight schedule

Comment

I can see tiny buds starting to form on the blackberry auto, I call it my Charlie Brown Christmas tree... The Northern lights auto has caught up with the height of the Bb..look at the size of some of the leaves and her main stalk! (Northern light). They are outside, put in the back of the wife's SUV at night... She laughes because it smells real strong when she opens the back hatch. They are getting too tall so I'm not sure where we are going to put them at night now! Any suggestions??? Can't bring inside because the little cat is a damn pot head, she goes nuts when I open the tent to check on my jack herrer photo plant I have growing. Yes, pot head has eaten a leaf or two, and I know she will eat the plants if we bring them in. Thought about flipping a garbage can over them, but they are both way too tall for that. I'm guessing they are both about 3 foot tall now. Safe to leave outside alone?? No deer but racoons and other neighborhood cats and nosey neighbors...,

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol kitty is a pothead. Hope you can figure something out. Maybe some boxes and tape make shift closet/ box. I wouldn't leave them outside of you have nosy neighbors.

Looking good !

Comment

Ya, doin great Pyro!

You could make a pretty cheap hoop house out of Gray plastic Conduit, rebar stakes, and plastic sheeting. Jorge Cervantes has a couple examples of those in some of his videos, outdoor growers in Cali using them.
              Make your frame a little shorter than your fence, that way you have the option to turn into a dark room if you need to ever force flowering on some photo's. Use the Plastic GRAY pvc pipe, since it won't chemically react with the plastic like the white pvc does( the chemical reaction prematurely deteriorates it). You can even put something like the green snow fence looking mesh along the sides to give a visual block, or put some shade cloth over the frame if they get to hot this summer.

Can't say if it would keep the critters out, depends on how tight the bottom edge is I guess, and how hard said aminals are willing to work. You could run some chicken wire up the sides perhaps. It is possible to put a heater in there at night, if you are smart about it and use good judgment. You can run into humidity and ventilation issues, mainly if plants are flowering inside, but if it's just to give some early season protection, should be fine in vedge/ very early flowering.

Might not fit all the needs, but an idea at least! There's maybe a little bit of useful info on my thread: Sitting on some Organic fertilizer.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X