Sick plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick plants

Hi guys. I'm very new to this. And doin my first grow. I've got 5 auto big bang, under 600w hps, a computer fan in the bottom vent drawing air in over top of plants. Temp at leaf is 29? My leaves are curling up. I've read a few threads and think it could be root rot. Any ideas.

The light is pretty intense for seedlings and you won't need a fan on them till they get bigger. Helps to know what you're growing in. How high is the light?
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Your soil looks like it needs perlite to aerate the root zone. a p.c. fan will provide some fresh air but you need a small oscilating fan to blow gently across the pants start the light out high above them til they veg. a few weeks.Then start to lower it.

Comment

What kind of soil are they in? As PRIMO said that definitely needs perlite and add Coco to that mix around 1\3 each! I don't know where you are, but definitely look into the fox farms happy frog soil, I started my very first auto out in bad soil and everyone here told me the same thing....get better soil! The thing with Autos is they like light airy soil. Did you just put them in that soil? Judging by your photo, they don't seem very tall?

Comment

Half soil and half coco peat, its 14 days old yesterday. 1 week in solo cups then changed to these for one week.

Comment

Have swapped to a 250w and raised it right to the top. Temp has dropped to 22 from 29.

Comment

Ya, looks like light burn to me. Ive done it before so I sympathize.

Comment

My aurora indicas did that curl when they got a bit warm as seedlings and I had a cfl like right on them. Raised the light a little got the temp better and they Took right off. The curl didn’t go away though in the leaves already curled.
                48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
                600w mh/hps
                32”x32”x63” veg tent
                viparspectra PAR 450 led
                FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
                5 gallon Smart Pots
                Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
                Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Cali
                  Cali commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just wanted to say your post helped me out. I’m doing aurora right now and had the same thing going on looked like nutrients burn which it was but also the light was too close I had my cfl right on it then I moved it back after I read your post and bam now it’s nice and green and growing a lot.. DWC second grow. Any other tips you may have for Aurora Indica from nirvana?? You can pm me don’t want to jack this post.. thanks

• Locrian99
                  Locrian99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad I could help. I’m pretty much a noob myself, just sharing my experience with it. You can check the thread in my signature pretty much has everything I’ve done with em so far.

This is this morning the same plant. Do you think she's getting better?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A lot better, 12-14inches away should be fine with your 250.

OK sweet .have turned the big fan in timer to take hot air out every hr for 10 mins to keep temp down will take another one when see then in couple hours. Think I'll give em a dose of water and a n b feed?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Jamie, yeah, looks like she's at that age where she is fixing to take off, like good growing autoflowers do, they like to grow, and not mess around,
                  You really need to get your heat problem fixed so you can use your 600watt,
                  Good Luck with them.

Surly the big fan will draw enough fresh air in for me to use the 600. They've been in big pots for bout 16 days.. Don't seem to be very tall. Is this due to the strain?/

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look fine, some of them are a little slower than others, that's why you don't want to slow them down, by overwatering an repotting an stuff like that.
                  They all grow a little different, even same kinds.In 2weeks time they will be lots bigger, if you don't slow them down. An get your 600watt back on them at the right distance if you got the heat right. Your gonna do a good job with these.

• Locrian99
                  Locrian99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure which type of reflector you have but with a 600w I would run an exhaust with passive intakes and at least two fans moving air in the tent. I recently found I had to reposition my fans inside my tent with an exhaust sucking the air right off the reflector due to a hot spot in the tent. The 600w produces quite a bit of heat.

OK thanks for the advice.. If I put the 600w in, in 2 days. What distance shall it be? He's the up to date pictures taking just now. The same plant.. Looks like she's perked up abit??

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, she looks fine, 15-16inches away should be fine, with your 600, just need to make sure it doesn't get to hot, like over 84degrees or around there.and have a good breeze blowing

Sweet thank you. You mean 84 degree Celsius or farrenhight?

Comment

• OzBud
                  OzBud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Farenheight. Try to keep temps under 27C. 24-25C is good for veg. Aim for about 22C in flower.

A lot better don't ya think? Is it necessary for rest period on these? Like 18/6 ?

Comment

• Locrian99
                  Locrian99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Autos are pretty commonly done on 24/0 20/4 18/6. I’m not an auto grower but if I was I’d probably do 20/4 or 18/6. You’ll hear lots of opinions on this. I ran my photos 24/0 for awhile in veg and then switched to 18/6 I saw no noticeable difference in growth. Your electric bill will thank you you running that 600w hps with s few hours of downtime and you probably won’t be able to tell the difference in the plant. A dark period is also nice is you want to spray neem oil etc in there. In the end though it’s a personal choice all will work.

• OzBud
                  OzBud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always grow my autos under 24/0. I start my 600W HPS at 3 feet and slowly move it down a little each day until it gets to 1.5 feet above the plants. then it gets moved up each day as the plants grow

Dark time may help when it gets too hot. It will save you some money on electricity too. Mh/hps are pretty efficient as far as energy consumption. Never grew autos though and I've had all kinds of light cycles.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X