Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Mystic Auto, is this plant growing slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Mystic Auto, is this plant growing slow?

My 1st auto grow, it is 14 days today, she looks healthy to me but is only about 3" tall, figured it would be bigger than this considering it should start flowering in a week or 2 so they say, but what do I know. Curious what you all think? I just transplanted from a solo cup to a 4 gal pot this morning.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Looks real good uncledoug.
    Unfortunately your transplanting will slow it down. I imagine when you took it out of the solo cup, the roots were aplenty. That's why it's a bit tiny, it thought it's home was that tiny solo cup, so it grew accordingly to the space it was in. Now it wants to grow up - BUT - you transplanted it and will confuse it a bit cuz now it has to fill out it's new home with more roots, instead of growing more sets of nodes.
    Not to worry though, it will grow for you. Just not in the timeline the seed producer said it would. I imagine it will stay like it is for a week or so while it fills out her roots - again.

​​​​
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

it doesn't look too bad. I'd expect a 14 day auto to be further along though
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
        Looks real good uncledoug.
        Unfortunately your transplanting will slow it down. I imagine when you took it out of the solo cup, the roots were aplenty. That's why it's a bit tiny, it thought it's home was that tiny solo cup, so it grew accordingly to the space it was in. Now it wants to grow up - BUT - you transplanted it and will confuse it a bit cuz now it has to fill out it's new home with more roots, instead of growing more sets of nodes.
        Not to worry though, it will grow for you. Just not in the timeline the seed producer said it would. I imagine it will stay like it is for a week or so while it fills out her roots - again.

​​​​
        Makes me wonder if I should skip the solo cup next time a plant seed right in 4 gal pot? Yes lots of roots in cup. The transplant went well, the plant and coco came out in 1 piece and I just flipped it and placed it in a pre dug hole, you would have thought I did this many times lol. Just checked on her and she perked right up, even started growing the 5th set of real leaves. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for your help Canuck147.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I put my seeds in root riots then right into there forever homes ,I also found that putting heat pads under them did a fantastic job of helping them along what a difference in plant growth

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Oldjarhead, I just started to germinate another Blue Mystic Auto, I am using the paper towel 2 plate method, this time I'm using my heat pad set on low. Thinking of running over to Home Depot and getting some starter cubes. When you put your root riots on the heating pad how long do you leave them there? until sprout or also during the grow?

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          My grow room is in my cellar so the floor is dirt it gets cold so I put insulation down then heating pads I set the thermostat at 72 with a 2 degree on off point and the autos love them they are on for the grow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X