Drying rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying rack

Does anyone out there have any experience with a drying rack like the one pictured below? I got it as a gift and this is the first time I’ve used it. I used to hang my harvest to dry. But I had this so I’m giving it a try. Slightly concerned with my crop laying on its side.

I was curious about these too, make sure not to over dry it though, and you could try flipping the buds everyday or every 12hrs to help with the evenness but I don’t think you need to worry about mold or anything cause the net still lets airflow

Comment

Yes I have experience using one and I watched my friend use his drying rack for multiple harvests with excellent results.
      Good for high humidity and limited space. It dries your buds out faster than any other method as long as you have good airflow.

It might get a flat spot on one side but after it's in a jar or baggies it looks just fine and buds usually get smushed anyways and all his cured buds were round and definitely not flat or pancakes. Somehow or another, away from the luxury of trimming it off the "vine" as a grower, all nugget gets tossed, stuffed, or shoved in a baggie in a pocket and sat on before smoking it.
      Nobody will know how it was dried but you.

Comment

If worried about flat spots,hang buds around the outside of each level.

Comment

We used drying racks due to space and concealment problems. They work fine but they work fast! On the second time around we left a lot of stem and leaf on to slow the drying process. That also protected the buds better, although laying buds flat on the rack did not cause any problems. Just be aware that you can crisp up buds pretty good if you don’t keep an eye on them. And if they do get crispy they can be re-hydrated with Boveda 72s and re-dry again (slowly) in jars.

Comment

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t you mean 62?

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            62s work for maintaining 62, but if you end up in the 40s like I was, 62s will not get it back up to 62 - at least not very fast. So I think he means 72s to get it rehydrated... I used a bud from a more recently harvest plant - perfect re-humidifier

I didn't like the idea of laying them down because I don't want to destroy any trichromes, so i built a drying cage that I hang them in with a screen on the bottom i throw the little stuff and clipping.
          You could poke small holes in the screen and stick the stem in from the bottom and clip a small binder clip to the stem above the screen.
          That way you could change it over to hanging instead of laying them down, but that means poking holes in a gift lol.

Comment

Clothes pins are much easer,paper clips will do to if your in a bind.lol

Comment

For me the binder clips work well because I hang them in my homemade cage from a small nail.
              Either way you secure them at the top, if I were going to do this I think I would take a sharpie and mark where I poked the hole because it would make it easier to find the hole when you're stoned.

Comment

wow I use my rack every harvest ,I cut my buds off of their stems and weigh out 100 grams and keep it separate I weigh this everyday until its below 30 and 25 grams, then I move it to jars works great
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
                  Locrian99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The weighing this seems like a good idea. I like things measured in a more tangible was than “feels dry but not crispy”

I have one just like it. I use it for the buds that I can't hang on a line. Works great.

Comment

Yea. I’m not real happy with it. All my large buds are getting flat on one side. I’m probably going to hang my big ones and use the rack like you do for smaller ones.

Comment

Have not used the drying rack. I was breaking the plant down to branches, now I just strip off the fan leaves, then hang whole plant. Normally takes 7 to 10 days for large flowers to get dry enough to burn. From there I just strip the flowers off the stems, separate big buds and small, then seal them up to finish the drying and start the cure.

Comment

I love the rack. Use it all the time. I start the drying this way for a week or so ( one ring usually one strain) . Buds once on their way to dry can be taken off stem, placed on the surfaces and tap the bottom of the net s a few times a day to turn them.
                      Have fun with it
                      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                      photoperiod feminized seeds
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

That's the same way I use mine Tika. One for each plant, otherwise, well you know.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X