UV sunglasses....recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV sunglasses....recommendations?

Any suggestions...preferably links...on reasonably priced sunglasses that block UV rays? Suggested manufacturer names would be helpful. I am concerned about buying on line because how do you really know for sure they are blocking UV rays?

Sure wish GWE could provide a list like they do for lights, seed banks, nutes, etc.!

Thanks!

If you are experimenting with hard UV, you will want goggles or a face shield, not just sunglasses. Lab supply catalogs have them. (I'd also recommend a hat with a brim, and clothing and gloves to cover all exposed skin). Be careful with UV!

Comment

I'm almost positive that any sunglasses sold in the US HAVE to block uv rays. Even my contact lenses block 100% of uv rays. It's nothing super special any more and mandatory by the government. There's even a law that defines the minimum amount of light the lenses can transmit. The government can't have you walking around looking too cool 😎. As far as sunglass labels go I'm a Spy whore.
      Last edited by Waltermelon; 03-11-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Ray-Ban sun glasses.

Comment

Are you using UV spectrum lights to stress the plants a bit to increase THC production or just referring to sunglasses that enable your eyes to see "real color" and provide some protection as well under LED lighting? When I was using LED's (the pink/purple kind) I went through a few different pairs_ from $12 to $85. Of course the $85 ones were the best.....I can check out the manufacturer when I get back if thats what you're looking for....
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I got some UV400 ski goggles on amazon for 20 bucks. They fit over my glasses. I haven't had a headache since I've been using them.
            complete beginner
            39" x 39" x 78" tent
            315 Watt CMH
            4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
            Automatic top feed into coco.
            Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
              600W HPS
              Coco
              GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
              Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Thanks everyone! I should have said I am concerned about UV from using LED grow lights, but it seems I should be using blocking sunglasses outdoors too! From my research, I found out not all sunglasses being sold have UV protection. I also learned that many of the sunglasses that do, can cost more than my lights!

Thanks for for the link, OzBud! Funny that one didn't show up in my search for sunglasses on the main site.

I am too old to be concerned about looking cool and my plants don't seem to care. So, I have seen some under $10 glasses that are name brand and block one hundred percent of the nasty rays. Thanks for all the input!

Comment

I got some glasses that have "green" lens that correct the color as well as the UV_I'll look to see if I can find a link for them. They weren't cheap but they worked really well.
                  Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                  liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X