Cfl watts for seedlings, what's enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cfl watts for seedlings, what's enough?

What's up GWE folks got a quick question. I'm almost ready to begin my Northern Lights Beans and I recently purchased 6 23 watt cfls soft white. Will this be enough watts for my seedlings to flourish or should I get higher watts for them? One more thing, when should I switch to my 600 watt mh light for VEG from seedlings? Thanks in advance for everyone's advice and help. Hope you all have a good day, night, evening, whatever and wherever you are.

(GROW ROOM) Closet grow 5ft.X 2ft.X 7ft.
    (LIGHTS) 600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for flowering
    (MEDIUM) Regular non nutes potting soil
    (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
    (EXHAUST) 240 cfm inline fan through ceiling
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 6inch clip on fans
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

That should be more than enough for some seedlings. You can go MH from seed if you want. You just need to keep it at an appropriate height.

Comment

How many seedlings?
      In my experience one CFL apiece was sufficient for the first three weeks - and I got pretty rapid growth - and topped them once during that time.
      I am using Daylight 6500k, not soft white.
      You may want to check out my journal of this grow and can see plant size and growth under one 23w CFL

Comment

Agree with campesino. One little 23 bulb per seedling and when they’re this big they’re strong enough for the MH Click image for larger version

Name:	A3AF9C80-523B-4A56-9990-F71C139241EC.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	184559

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Forgot to say. The CFL has been 2 inches away it’s entire life

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, just about 2" and fairly constant adjustments!

Thanks I appreciate the feed back from you both. Think I'm going to go tomorrow and pick up a few 23 watt daylight cfls for my beans. MY girls I've got going now are about 2 or 3 weeks from finish and soon as they are done or bout a week before I'm going to begin the germination of my Northern Lights Beans, so excited I can't wait. This will be my first grow using good genetics and not Bag seed. However I can't complain cause every grow of bag seed I've harvested has come out great, good the levels and good yeild, still want to move on. Thanks again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X