Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2

The Sequel…
    My current grow has gone very smoothly, so I have decided that 6 manifolds is going to be my thing!
    Current Grow Journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...manifolds-grow
    I have about 4+ weeks until I get into the harvest zone with my current grow, so I decided I could start the next in a humidity dome. I have plans in July and the climate here is very hot through the summer, so my plan is to flip as close to 4/1 as possible and harvest in June.
    Strain Selection…
    I am currently growing three plants each of Skywalker OG and Gorilla Glue #4, so on this run I wanted more daytime sativas in the mix. In consideration of my timeline, I needed 12 week max flower time, so had to avoid true sativas with 14 week plus flower times. I wanted a variety and am excited to train all the different strains I have selected.
    2@ Shining Silver Haze. Royal Queen Seeds. 75% Sativa. Up to 21%THC. Advertised Flowers in 63-70 days. Effects: Motivational/Uplifting
    1@ Jack Herrer. Seedsman. Up to 23%THC. Several phenos (had one small and one large seed, went with the large) thus various flower times 50-70 days. Effects: Creative/Euphoric
    1@ Power Africa Fast. Seedsman. Mostly Sativa. Up to 20%THC. Crossed with a “fast” so advertised flowering in 42-49 days. Effects: Uplifting/Happy
    1@ Caramel Kush. 00Seeds. Indica. Up to 21%THC. Advertised flowering in 55-60 days. Effects: Powerful Indica
    1@ Kripple Shock. Dr. Krippling Seeds. Mostly indica. Up to 23%THC. Advertised flowering in 49-56 days. Effects: Blissful indica
    Plan and Time frame
    Germinated seeds in Jiffy Pellets. Placed seeds in pellets on 2/8 at 7:30pm. Covered trays and placed in darkness for 48hours. @48 hours, no signs of sprouts (expected) so I very gently disturbed the surface of jiffy pellets and placed under light in humidity dome. @68 hours Caramel Kush was first to appear (flash of root. Others followed close behind: Power Africa @71 hours, Shining Silver #2 @74 hours, Shining Silver #1 @82 hours. Currently @ 84 hours and I have evidence that final two are within hours of making their appearance. I am calling today, 2/12, “Day 1”!
    I have small fabric pots that I will be preparing with Coco/perlite and will place Jiffy Pellets into within the next few days. I plan to grow them as big as I can within the humidity dome. Hopefully, they comply and grow short and thick until the tent is ready – if not I will get creative.
    The fun begins again! Hope you all come along for the ride!
    They are going to get much bigger than this! Thanks for the suggestion @Obi-Wan Caramel Kush was the first to make an appearance Power Africa (left) popped up just a few hours later Grow little babies!
    Coco/Perlite 50/50 with 4x DAILY Fertigation
    4x4 Tent, 2@ Viparspectra 450 Reflector Series LEDs
    GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Completed Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow Harvest: 10.3oz March 2018
    Current Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2
    Check out my Guide for Growing in Coco
    JOIN US for the DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE!

Hey camp is your Jack Herrer from Seedsman? Got a couple of those freebies myself. I understand there can be a big difference in phenotypes with that one.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! Kind of makes it exciting. Wonder what Pheno she'll be. I am placing her back right in the tent as I expect Power Africa, Caramel Kush and Kripple Shock to be done first, but back right puts her by the window in case she needs to get out of there early!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to double check I was hoping you were doing one of those freebie super lemon hazes

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      No, but I may get them with my next order... Showed up in my cart when I was playing around!

Wanted to invite my friends to follow along.
    Thanks for your continuing advice and support!
    Locrian99 Obi-Wan UrbZ Cronk DingusKhan D.A.A.S.69 oldjarhead100 MadMike Donny061 FishCityFunk ZigZag RosettaStoned
    GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Comment

• FishCityFunk
      FishCityFunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Subscribed! 2/13 is 'Day1' of my 2nd grow, Dinamed CBD from seeds. Perhaps I'll try a manifold, in which case I'll be looking at your first grow's pics. Cheers!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool FishCityFunk it will be fun to watch our girls grow up together!
      The first set of plants were all clones, so manifolding them was different than it will be from seeds. Each clone presents its own scenario and the asymmetry on a few of mine made it difficult to even determine node partners. I am looking forward to manifolding plants from seed this time. I'll try to stay at least a day ahead of you so you can just watch here -

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks_ Im in too!

I'm along for the ride.

Comment

Thanks to all for following along!
      I decided to go ahead and get the jiffy pellets into the little fabric pots last night. Four of the little seedlings are doing great. The Jack Herrer is slowly pushing its giant head up through the surface. The Kripple Shock is running behind. I did a little careful excavation and am not convinced that it has germinated. Hopefully D.A.A.S.69 is right... Perhaps the star wants to arrive fashionably late to the party! I was surprised that the root on the Caramel Kush had already grown through the bottom of the pellet (pictured).
      The little fabric pots are just about the same size as solo cups. I imagine they will be a bit of a pain to transplant, but should be fun. I have little 1/2 gallon pots to go to next.
      Also noticed that the reflector on my little T5 had a sticker that said "remove protective film" - should work better now

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        darn stickers! why can't they put them where they're more obvious? I hate it when that happens! when I germinated the plants I'm growing right now some of them germinated so fast I couldn't believe it_ mid afternoon and the tiny root tips had just started to emerge, then the next morning some of them were an inch long and the seed husks were already starting to come off. I got them into the rooters very carefully and they were up the next day.

• MadMike
        MadMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are so cute! I love seedlings. It often strikes me as amazing at how such a small start to can lead to giant results.

If you’re going to be transplanting fabric pots I really recommend these. I bought 5 on amazon, needed a 6th grow shop didn’t have the Velcro ones in 2 gal so I just did a normal rather than order. I really wish I would’ve ordered was so easy and noticed less transplant lag in the 5 coming from the Velcro. Geopot 2GALVEL Velcro Seamed Transplanter, 2-Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TVENDM?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s not too bad then, yea I know they make 1 gallon ones. I was in the same situation space sort of dictated my transplant size/schedule. I did like the two gallon size for inbetween, depend on your veg time as well though want to give plenty of time before the Flip in the new digs.

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Locrian_gonna check those pots out myself. haven't yet but Im presuming you can release the velcro and that opens the pot up so you can slide the roots and all out in one piece?
        Cheers!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Works awesome compared to trying to do it with a normal smart pot.

THANK YOU_gonna get some for sure now! I've had to resort to cutting some 1 gallon smart pots down the sides to get them out in one piece....kinda expensive and wasteful way to go_ these are much better!

Comment

Paging Dr. Krippling... Your presence is requested in the HD
        Still no sign of the Dr. The other 5 are growing well. Gave 4 of them 10cc of Seedling nute water last night. Will apply same to J Herrer tonight. Hope the doctor gets here soon!

Comment

Good luck on the grow! I just ordered my first seeds today so I'm super excited and nervous lol. Okay, I'm not that nervous but I am excited.

I need to do a bit more research for some concepts that I don't have quite down yet, like why people transplant over planting in the final pot from the start, as I'm more inclined to to just plant in the final container unless there's some overwhelming reason not to. But either way I am getting close.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread so good luck!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Donny061 Thanks, and no worries - I like it when people post on my thread.
            I am transplanting the way I am due to space concerns. I hope to keep all the plants in that humidity dome for up to 3 weeks, which already seems unrealistic.
            However in any situation and with almost any plant, starting in smaller containers does have advantages for root ball development and makes it more difficult to over-water. Plants grown in appropriately sized containers will grow faster even if you suffer minor transplant shock. I have worked with plants a lot and am very comfortable with transplanting. The little bags are going to present an issue because they'll sort of grab the coco (which doesn't really stick together anyways, but if you are in solo cups to start it is incredibly easy to transplant as you can just flip'er upside down and slide the whole media out. Growing in final containers from seed or seedling can present watering issues, particularly in soil, which means it is a strategy that requires even more skill and knowledge than transplanting.

• MadMike
            MadMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Campesino Couldn't have said it better myself.

Campesino nice explanation. I can't wait to get started. In the next few days some items will be showing up and I'll be making final decisions about other things relating to my grow. So in the next, say, 2 weeks I should be starting!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Feel free to stop in and ask any questions you may have. Setting up a new grow is exciting and we'll be happy to help... People here are a great resource!

Campesino couldn't have said it better. I usually start in a cube or rooter and then transplant that directly into a 16oz cup (like he said_very easy to get out of the cups and into their new home. One thing you can try when its time to transplant is to water your plant(s) pretty well the morning before you are going to transplant. Like he said coco doesn't stick together very well and if its dry it will just fall apart when you take them out of the cups. So you want the coco moist but not wet. just wet enough that it holds together. I usually go right from the 16oz cups into the final 4 gallon pots. Your plants should really start to take off fast once they are out of the cups and Im often gone for a week or so at a time so I go right into the 4 gallon_so I don't get back and find them root bound in the 1 gallon. But they do grow faster when stepped up a bit at a time. Probably cuts about 3-5 days off your time to harvest, depending on training.But when you go from small right into large then you need to be real careful not to overwater_especially around the stem or you might get some damping off. I used to think that only happened with tiny seedlings but just found out that it can happen with seedlings with up to 6-8 nodes.I had one plant that nearly fell over when I was pruning it and discovered it was damping off right below the surface. Its a fungus caused by overwatering or keeping the soil/medium too wet around the stem. I fixed it by spraying one time around the base of the plant with some Serenade. Now its doing well when I thought it was going to go badly. Cheers!

Comment

Day 3 "Is there a Doctor in the house"
            Four little babies are doing great, the Jack Herrer is catching up and the Kripple Shock is still deciding whether it aspires to become a plant. The four seemed to be stretching already so I raised them closer to the lights and added a few CFLs I now have the little T5 and 3x 23 watt CFLs hovering over the Humidity dome. So of course I then also had to add a fan to blow over it as well to keep it from cooking. As is, the dome is maintaining 80 degrees with 70% humidity. I raised them with the perfect little metal tray that formerly (recently!) belonged to our toaster oven. (Yes, I asked my wife!)

Comment

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Its always nice to have a selection of strains when your done. Why I do it too. More of a challenge trying to keep everyone happy and in the "sweet spot" but worth it.
              I start with 2x as many as I want and then when they are about 2-3 weeks old give away the ones I don't have room for. Then the real fun begins .(I got caught with one of the serving spoons my wife has been looking for since it "disappeared" a few months ago...busted...she forgave me since she reaps the rewards too!)..

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              The challenge is the fun! Things that are easy are boring.
              I really enjoy the gardening aspects of it. I live in a condo amidst urban sprawl, and the opportunity to have a garden of any sort is fun for me. It completely takes me away from my work, which is rather stressful. I am really looking forward to training them and seeing how each likes to grow.

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats for sure. Easy is too boring. Thats why I'm hanging out indoors today to recoup from snowshoeing in crap snow to get where no one else goes. Now my old bod is paying for that. Good day to chill, stay warm and hang out with the girls. They need a rest day too cuz I pruned and defoliated a bunch yesterday. I'm glad you can get away to your garden_ stress is a bad thing, especially mental stress. Physical stress can be dealt with, just be smart, and heal.

Day 5: Dr. Kripple shock does not want to become a plant...
            Not sure if this is pilot error or just a dud. Kripple shock did not sprout after 7 days in ideal germinating conditions. The others all started within 4 days. I would completely abandon any other seed at this point, but this seed in particular was set to be my favorite and I only had 1.
            I excavated it and placed in paper towels to try a last ditch effort to sprout the seed. In the mean time I am debating 3 options: A) Quickly spout a replacement (probably "Critical" a freebie), B) wait another week and go buy another GG4 clone to replace it, C) Just go with 5. WWYD? (pretend you wanted to grow 6 to begin with!)

Comment

• MadMike
              MadMike commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm probably late to the decision making party. I find that my room is often over-crowded -- coming from a grower only on his third grow -- so I think going with just the five sounds good to me. I got six going and I kind of wish I had 5. Best to take a look at your room and see if it feels crowded maybe. Of course, there is a ton of excitement in growing new varieties so it's hard to hold back.

I'm curious at your being able to buy clones. From a friend?

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              MadMike
              Yes, I am still actively debating this. It is time to buy the clone if that is my plan, but I may just go with 5. hmmm
              Yeah, my current grow is crowded, but seems to be doing well. Comes down to this, if I grow 5, I can see how much if at all that affects yield - but if I get a GG4 clone I can more easily measure the plants from seed against a clone.
              I have a medical card in California and there is literally a store where I can go to buy clones. I do have to call first. $15 a clone last time, but all the other prices have gone up so we'll see.
              Last edited by Campesino; 02-23-2018, 09:31 AM. Reason: tagging

• MadMike
              MadMike commented
              Editing a comment
              @Campesino
              A dispensary that sells clones! It's good to live in CA. Your idea of comparing how a clone varies from seed is an interesting idea.

If it were me I would choose option B. At this stage a seed would still catch up but a good clone gives you more time to wait out the Kripple shock.

Comment

• Locrian99
              Locrian99 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve been dipping into my curing jar this evening. 👍 going to get more of those clones for sure.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know Locrian99 the buds look great and I liked working with them. Glad to know you are happy with the smoke! I can't wait... but will

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Still a solid seed with no response... I decided to take the next step as well... I let Seedsman know and asked if they'd send a replacement with my next order. Can't hurt to try... I'll let you know what they say

I was going to reply but since I had no clue I felt it prudent to just wait and observe other's answers

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Two cents are welcome from everyone!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X