Transplanting with kindsoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplanting with kindsoil

Kindsoil says the duration for a 7 gallon with 7 pounds lasts 3 months vegetation plus flowering time. If I start in a solo cup then 3 gallon until final transplant into the 7 gal it seems I can use 7 lbs total. So I’d use 1.5 lbs in the 3 gal for 2 months then 5.5 lbs in the 7 gallon. Does this make sense? Or why bother intermediate transplanting at all? Just go straight into the 7 gallon? 😂

It’s better to use intermediate sizes when posible. Easier for the plant to drink it’s water and reach for oxigen. Also roots tend to overcrowd the edges and bottom with roots so when you transplant those roots stay inside the root ball creating support

Comment

Most hot soils discourage from transplanting. It messes with the time it takes to use the nutes. Not saying you cant, but the 5 different hot soils Ive read about tell you to plant in your final pot.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

I use Kindsoil and go from the solo cup, right to the final pot.

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats fine as well, but you are going from regular potting soil in a solo cup to your kind mix correct? No kind in the solo? Going from a 3 gallon with kind up to a 7 gallon with kind will double stack the hot soil on top of each other and create nutrient issues.

• MarkyJ
          MarkyJ commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I did on my first grow and it worked great. The second one I did solo cup > 3 gal > 10 gal because the Haze 1 takes 3-4 months to flower. But I think I put too much hot soil because I misread the label thinking 10 lbs only gave me 3.5 months total not 3.5 months veg plus flowering time. I assume flowering time on the label to be 2 months average. I don’t know if my Haze 1 has nutritional issues because of too much hot soil but I read the plants are only supposed to take what they need when they need it. Right?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X