Ghaleon's grow journal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghaleon's grow journal...

Hey everyone! I hope everyone's having a good day. Well My names Ghaleon and I've been smoking for a long long long time. Now I want to try my hand at growing. I've never done this before so any help would be greatly welcomed. I've done a lot of research and already bought some things. But I know I'm going to need more lol Here's what I have so far.

My current tent is a 24"x24"x36 Mylar Hydroponic grow tent with observation window and floor tray for veg and getting the males out of the way and a 60"x60"x80"Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for bloom and flower.

iPower 4 inch 190 CFM duct inline fan with 4'' carbon filter is what I picked for now. I have a few questions about this as well. I've seen a ton of videos with grow tents inside rooms. closet's basements, and such. But I could never get a clear shot of the exhaust system. I saw the inside of the tent just fine, I always wondered where the exit was for the exhaust its self? If the grow tent is in a closet do you even need an exhaust since the thing is in a closed closet after all. Also if I do need an exhaust do I really need one for the veg stage?

My light of choice is a VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower. I'm also going to need to get another LED light for veg stage. Any suggestions on that? Other than getting another one lol I need something on the cheap side. Also a Phlizon Newest Winter 600W LED Plant Grow Light,with full Spectrum Double Switch Plant Light for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower- 600W(10W Leds 60Pcs) for the smaller tent.

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator x 2and a Mechanical Timer, General Organics Go Box, JSCPB Coco Coir Mix Brick set of 3 x 2 for my medium, General Hydroponics pH Control Kit, Dr.meter 3 in 1 Soil Moisture Meter, Light and Soil PH Acidity Tester, Soil Tester Kit and a few 5 gal cloth bags.

As far as my seeds I picked Girl Scout Cookies Feminized, White Widow regular, Somango XXL Feminized , Misty Kush Regular 5 seeds of each. I got some normal seeds as well because I want to learn how to just keep growing and growing with out having to buy seeds every time.

Thats everything I got so far and waiting shipping. Anything else I might need? Any tips that I should know about? I need to learn how to some other things like conditioning and topping (or whatever its called lol) where I can produce more bud. I'll post some pics once I get everything put together and have my seeds.

Ghaleon

Looks like you have a dialed in system with a solid game plan. As you get through more grows things become easier and you’ll learn a ton with each grow. Keep it rolling and keep us updated.

Comment

On your exhaust system it all really depends. I’d guess your led won’t produce a whole ton of heat. My vipsrspectra 450 with an exhaust sits between 70-72 with a cheap 6 inch duct fan a reduced and 4 inch ducting. I pieced it together. I would guess you could exhaust right into the closet won’t cause heat issues. You mention a carbon filter though and for that to work you need negative pressure. Essentially the only air escaping the tent needs to be pulled through the filter, you need an exhaust for this to work. Other benefits of the exhaust passive air intakes, you’ll get new fresh air with co2 in your tent, the exchange should lower your humidity some as well. Also adds a little air movement but I would recommend adding a clip fan or two. Long story short if smell is an issue it’s necessary, and your plants will appreciate it. Good luck look forward to pics and details of your grow.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• HydroKid
        HydroKid commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t ventured out past Nirvana. They have always been good to me and are pretty helpful throughout my first two grows. I like the variety and prices they offer. I’ve heard Dutch Passion has a good reliable variety too.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I picked up some fast bud autos to try at some point. Was about the only way I could find tangie which is one of my faves. Not sure when I’ll get around to popping them though I’d really like to try nirvanas original glue

• HydroKid
        HydroKid commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve had a few people mention the glue to me. I wouldn’t mind doing a run with it later this summer. I have a sponsored run coming up next which will be a secret until my seeds show up and then the grow after I’ll be able to push another set of strains.

Hey just a update. I got a lot of stuff in the mail today. I should be getting everything by Monday!

Comment

Ok I FINALLY got everything (but the seeds) in and finally all put together. I even have a recliner set up so I have a place I can escape and just read as well. This is what I have so far let me know what you all think, any suggestions on what I should get or do? Click image for larger version

Name:	Small Tent closed.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	953.1 KB
ID:	186971Click image for larger version

Name:	Small tent open.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	906.2 KB
ID:	186972Click image for larger version

Name:	Big tent closed.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	873.8 KB
ID:	186973Click image for larger version

Name:	Big tent open.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	186974Click image for larger version

Name:	supplies.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	186975Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	913.0 KB
ID:	186976

Comment

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a spaceship

My seeds finally came in today and guess what....I got one extra seed for free. My guess they thought they grabbed 5 seeds but put 6 in by mistake. I guess its time to start my grow!

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice good variety there I’ve got 2 of those GSC going myself right just hit week 3 of 12/12

• Ghaleon
          Ghaleon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, its my first time growing ever, I hope I don't mess it up.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m sure you’ll do great. There’s tons of information on the main site follow it and you’ll be harvesting some good bud. And there’s plenty of helpful folks on here

It’s customary to get a free seed or two included.
        It is even better when they identify what they are giving you
        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Well it has officially been one week now! They appear to be growing really well.

Comment

Hi, just found your thread. Welcome to the forum.

I had a look at your photos and I noticed your exhaust duct was curved all over the place. It will work most efficiently with it as straight as possible, the less turns the better and the shorter the better, you can cut off any excess.
            Also Your carbon filter, you should only need that in flower when the plants start smelling lots. You can use it all grow if you like but you'll extend the life of the carbon if you only use it in flower. It also restricts air movement through the exhaust system but if you're not suffering from high temps that isn't really an issue.
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Welcome to the game Leon. Looks like you're off to a good start. One thing I would do though, I'd put that wee tent on a table. But i've got 67 year old knees. And that's 67 in truck driver years! If you are going with 5 plants in a tent that small in a couple of weeks your seedlings will wanna be right up in your light unless you study up on plant training.

Comment

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
                Hi, just found your thread. Welcome to the forum.

I had a look at your photos and I noticed your exhaust duct was curved all over the place. It will work most efficiently with it as straight as possible, the less turns the better and the shorter the better, you can cut off any excess.
                Also Your carbon filter, you should only need that in flower when the plants start smelling lots. You can use it all grow if you like but you'll extend the life of the carbon if you only use it in flower. It also restricts air movement through the exhaust system but if you're not suffering from high temps that isn't really an issue.
                Temps usually around 70-85 Not to often does it get above 82 only seen it 85 once. I also I'm currently on a 18/24 time so I have the time that it's off is from 11am to 5pm

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
                Welcome to the game Leon. Looks like you're off to a good start. One thing I would do though, I'd put that wee tent on a table. But i've got 67 year old knees. And that's 67 in truck driver years! If you are going with 5 plants in a tent that small in a couple of weeks your seedlings will wanna be right up in your light unless you study up on plant training.
                lol I'm not that old yet. But I plan on leaving the plants in the small tent for about two months before I move them over to the big tent then start growing another round.

Comment

• PRIMO
                  PRIMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You ever seen 5, 8 week old plants?

What happening Ghaleon, Your followers want to know!
                My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
                The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Originally posted by Paracelsus View Post
                  What happening Ghaleon, Your followers want to know!
                  Now I'm lost.

Comment

Ok it's almost been two weeks and I just noticed something that was not there the other day. It's only on one of the plant's as well so I'm puzzled now.

Comment

Well its now four days away from one month since I started. The roots started to grow though the little coco air cups so I transported all 5 plants to there final home in the 5 gallon bags and to the bigger grow tent. Three months to go!! Everything is mixed well with perlite then a nice top layer of perlite ontop.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X