Grow in progress_Glueberry, Big Devil, CBD OG Kush, Cookie Wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?? My post not Showing?
    I said what everyone else said...Where it go?
    Humph!
    Great grow Great photography
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Looks like it came through this time_ thanks Tika !
      So I've been negligent in keeping up with things this last week or so...so here's an update.
      The CBD OG harvested is almost ready to try_ been in the jars for about 4 days. so will report on that soon. I'm hoping to get a sample tested to see what the CBD/THC percentages are_its bread to be a 1:1.
      Attached are a few photos of the Cookie Wreck and the Glue Berry which are coming down in bout 5-6 days (pics are 2-3 days ago).
      I'm have a little issue coming up.... I'm going to be gone for about 5 days in a week.
      The two plants here are coming down the day before I leave and they will dry just fine while I'm gone_ the issue is that the other two are looking like they could use another 7-10 days. I've never tried the "3 days in the dark before harvest" technique so I'm wondering if I water those two plants well and trim all the fan leaves and then just leave them in the dark for 5 days what might happen...How much they will grow or mature during that period of darkness?.
      Or should I set up the auto drip system and leave the lights on....maybe cut the photoperiod back to 10 hrs of light?
      here are a few pics of the two above and any thoughts on the queries above much appreciated_Cheers!

Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        There ARE varying opinions on leaving in dark. Some say. You can herm in those days...Some say nay.
        Beautiful images again
        If it were me...I'd bring them all down or auto feed on a 11/13 schedule if your environment is heat stable.
        Just mho

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I would also advise against a dark period longer than 48-60 hours. I think 24-36 is good, but beyond that your plant may start doing weird things.
        If you are confident with watering them while gone, I'd do that. If not, I'd consider flushing, leave very wet, and letting them dry out while gone - to harvest when return.
        Reducing the light time is also fine especially if doing the "let em dry" strategy. How programmable is your timer... day by day?

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I really enjoy your photography! Those look so tasty! Seriously, I want to eat them. I know that is not reasonable. How is the smell?
        Somebody in my tent smells amazing, but I can figure out who... I think it might be Jack Herrer

Tika_ thanks_ I think I'll reduce the light to 11 hrs...and use either the auto drip or just have a friend come over and give them a good watering on the third day. I can always try the dark period when I get back....be much worse if something weird happened. For the most part I've found that letting them go 4-5 days longer works out better than taking them down a week early. You're growing regular seeds now right? _ so have you tried any of the "sexing" kits that are on the market? There's a lab that will test your plants when they are a week old and tell you what sex it is but also the genetic profile...but its kinda spendy_ per plant is about $15! But it is fast_ just a day or two at most and you can look up the results online. Since I'm going to start with at least a dozen seeds that could get beyond my budget...but since they can do this from one leaf after the plant is a week old it would save a lot of space, time and materials....
      Campesino_ I'm confident I can get the watering done easy enough, one way or the other, so am going to leave them under the lights. I can adjust both time and day on my timers so I could even bring them down an hour a day if I wanted.....Maybe I should try that? I could also just use one light instead of two, especially since there will be only 1-2 plants left to go. About 3 grows back I let a plant go for 5 days doing just what you recommended_ watered it until I got 50% runout and then just let it dry out_it matured more and then dried faster when I harvested it. Only had to dry it for 4 days and then it cured perfectly.
      Maybe I'll have to flip a coin?
      Thanks all_ much appreciated!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, letting 'em dry at the end doesn't seem to be a problem - IF they are sitting in flush (very low EC water).
        But if you are confident with full automation, I'd let it run as normal.
        I was thinking to program the timers: 12/12, 11/13, 10/14, 9/15, OFF, OFF - But only if you were going the let'em dry route and harvesting as soon as you got back. Running Auto as normal keeps all your options about harvest time open.

Yeah, they'll be in flush but I think they might benefit from another good flush a few days after we leave so luckily I got a friend who can water them again a few days later and all will be good.
      I can't believe how huge the colas are on the two large plants_ I have had to tie them all up to support them. I'll try to post a photo or two soon. I'm going to be a happy guy when we get back_fingers crossed!
      Also think I'm going to just use one light to keep the heat down and just leave them 11 on/ 13 off. Then when I get back I'll try the 24hrs in the dark option. I think waiting until I get back to make the final decisions sounds like the best option.
      I am going to build a rectangular support that will just fit along the walls, put screw eyes ever 4" along the inside and then I can add string and/or ties whenever I need them as things progress. Tieing these colas from above is a real pain and now I can't move the pots until they come down.
      Should work for now but live and learn!

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good. I agree and if you flush with agent I’d advise your friend to just hit them with tap water.
        As far as supporting colas is concerned I am still a bamboo fan. If you hope to move plants just make sure the bamboo is in their own pot! The scrog-like net you described will work too, but also will restrict ability to move plants around. I don’t think they need to be moved around, but you had mentioned that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X