No announcement yet.

Grow in progress_Glueberry, Big Devil, CBD OG Kush, Cookie Wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so_ looks god for now_ bud-lets are growing every day and expanding down to the nodes below. The "waiting game" begins!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Bartholomew_ thanks for all the tips. The last super crop I did end up squeezing the stem in a few places right above and below the first try_ just by accident_ I was working about overdoing it and that seemed to get the stem to bend easier without cracking or splitting the outside. Thanks for confirming that_ I was just wondering if I could use that successfully on others as well.
      Campesino_ I just ordered some with a few other items I decided I could resist_ new pruning implements and a small gravity feed watering system that should keep my plants happy for 5 days or more.
      I hope it gets here soon because I'm leaving for about that long in two weeks and want to make sure everything is working well before!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

OK, things are continuing to progress. Now at about day 26 from the change to 12/12..still got a long ways to go but bud-lets are growing everyday and now progressing down the stems/branches to the nodes below. Starting to get excited...now the real waiting begins! getting kinda nervous that I have to go out of town for about 5 days in 2 weeks but think I have a plant sitter lined up who will check on them every day. Also ordered a gravity feed water system to use during that time_ see how it works out. Better get it in gear and install it soon as it gets here!
        Here are a few pics_

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          They are some of the nicest lasses I`ve seen for quite a while. Credit to you ZZ, credit mate....spot on....

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed! Nice looking girls!

yeah, they're starting to fill out...I'm getting a little concerned about the Big Devil who has about 8 main branches/colas at the top but 4 of them on the outside are getting too tall. They are the main ones so I haven't supper cropped them yet_didn't want to put it behind or mess up one of the potentially best colas by super cropping but I think I'm going to do one today and see how it goes_ use all the awesome advice I've gotten for you folks on getting this right..the stem on this is pretty thick so I'm just going to try the first 2-3 nodes where its more "bendy"...But heck this plant is tied for 2nd-3rd place development wise so even if I put it a little behind it should work out in the end...fingers crossed.Thanks for the comments everyone!

Comment

• PRIMO
          PRIMO commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice plants Zed, when supercropping a stalk that's to thick or hard to pinch I use a pair of pliers, very gently of course. I smoosh about an inch or so. then let her flop over. Sometimes make a little wind brace to hold at a right angle. All the little buds should be standing at attention by the end of the next light cycle.

Primo_ thanks, I chickened out yesterday but I 'm going to do one today. The plant has plenty of potential colas so if I mess it up it won't be critical. I did about four of them earlier when the stems were only about half as thick and now you can't even tell unless you get down and look up through the plants.So what the heck? Gonna put on my big boy pants today and get adventurous! Thanks.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Just here to lend support!
          They like it when you hurt them! The plant's reaction to supercropping never ceases to amaze me. Don't worry about messing up your best colas... you are supercharging them!

Campesino_thanks for the support! I did one yesterday and and have another on for today. had to use the pliers but it seems to have worked.Gonna check in an hour when the lights come back on!

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope it all went well. I still have not had to resort to pliers, but they may have to come out soon. I have at least 2-3 supercrops to do tonight and the branches are pretty "healthy" so we'll see how it goes. The earlier supercrops I did have all swollen and healed nicely despite some splits.

Apologies for my delayed response! Back in town again and thankfully everything went well while I was gone.
        Following are some pics I took before I left on the 30th and some more from yesterday. Looks like I have about three weeks to go. If that's true then they will be right on track.
        Have been using the nutrients as suggested by the manufacturer at about 1/2-3/4 strength and then watering with just plain water every third time.
        Have been adjusting lights so they are about 24" over the canopy and trimming and adjusting LST every 3-4 days.
        Leaf growth has slowed down considerably while the flowers put on weight which is kinda nice because they don't need as much attention. Now I'm just trimming leaves that are covering bud sites or laying on top of each other.
        The fan and carbon filter are running full time_if I turn it off the whole house begins to smell like weed within minutes.
        But I'm not complaining!

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Got that right_gotta get in second gear before I head to the grow room!
          Which isn't too hard these days since the lights are on a 10a-10p schedule presently.
          That hard part is waiting until 10am to open the door. LOL.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          My 9:30-9:30 time is so much more user friendly than my 8-8 time on the last grow! Especially on the weekends!
          I have limited control over when I can set it (my work schedule moves around every few months and I need to work around that), but I am happier now!
          I get absolutely nothing done before 930 in the morning now though... I just sit there drinking coffee and watching the plants on my webcam until its time to go in.

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all, took her down yesterday and the entire house smelled awesome_carbon filter couldn't handle it! Had to clean my tools off three times and decided to wear food prep gloves after getting my phone all sticky after answering a call I had to get! cleaned it off with some rubbing alcohol pads. Hanging to dry now and I'll post a few pics of the colas once they dry and I get them out of the dark room. Hoping for 5-7 days and then the cure. Cheers!

Looking good! 💪
        Current Grow
        Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Went into the grow room this morning and was taken by surprise by the CBD OG #1. She's coming along a lot faster than expected. Kinda threw me off a bit. She's only about half the size of her sister and at least a week ahead....could that be because she's in a 2.5 gallon container rather than a 4.5 gallon one like her sibling? Decided I had to take some photos to see what is really happening and since there are some amber trichomes, mostly opaque and still some clear I decided to start a flush today. Since I'm thinking the time will come within a week or less we decided on an excelerated flush. Going to give her a gallon twice a day for the next three and then 1 gallon a day until harvest. That should clean her out well enough, hopefully. Here are some pics. Comments, thoughts, appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I flushed in 4-5 days total. 5 watering with florakleen over 2.5 days. Then a couple days of plain water.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful buds, ZigZag!!

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are some great looking girls you got there! Crystals everywhere!

I think: flush can be over rated..esp in coco.
          beautiful images, trichomes, & buds. OGs pull through! Really nice work. Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊🍾
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Got my fingers crossed for sure. Thats good about the flush with indica in coco cuz I may not have much longer to go. PPM was still pretty high yesterday morning but going to take it again after todays flush.
            Plus she's in a small pot so should flush pretty quickly.
            So Tika_ are you a cat "fan"? I came across a wild cat yesterday afternoon while out hiking_ want me to send you a photo?
            Be glad to!

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh YES total cat fan! Mine( who was ferrel) has so bonded with the papillons she has dog-tude. Would love photos. Photo below with my now passed Nik took Bucky ( the cat) on as a baby. He carried her by the neck up and down stairs (14 wood ones) until she worked it out on her own. So I went totally off topic & down memory lane🐾🐶

just had to share 🐶🐾🤗
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              It is impressive how you get them to pose for their pictures!

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks...I am a happy voice / reward dog trainer...agility, formal obedience and Rally...they have loved the work. Even my hardest act since diseased...1 year ago. Now we grow...they are the keepers of the plants making sure I am up at 6 am everygoddamned morning. Down to 2 dogs and 1 dog like cat.
              Thanks again

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Tika, your cat is so brave to put her head in the dog's mouth like that!!!

Tika- that's a great little furry family! Very nice they all get along so well....and you've still managed to maintain you're position as the Alpha? :~)
            The attached photo isn't a cannabis related photo....well not in a direct sense anyway_ just a curious loner who walked up behind me while I was taking a break along a small stream in the forest the other day. ....A big, wild, "kitty".... out cruising....

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              You got that shot? Or a shot of what was keeping your company? Very cool visitation. Beautiful animal! Beautiful image! I probably would have air walked. Thank you for the refreshing thought!
              Yes stillnAlpha...Because I make their dog food 🤪

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              AWESOME!!! A spirit guide, perhaps??

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps....it was a kinda strange experience...I was just sitting along a small stream thinking about lighting up a bowl, got a weird feeling, turned around and there he was, just sitting there watching me about 10' away. When I reached for my camera he stood up, turned away and then turned back to give me a second look before walking off. I don't see lynx often, sometimes not for a year or more and I'm out at least 3-5 days a week. There are some "Spirit Bears" south of where I live down along the BC coast....so why not a "Spirit Lynx"?

Ahh... those who control the food are those in control!
            Yes, I took the photo. It was originally in color but was a very dark, dreary day so I converted it to black and white to emphasize the Lynx itself. Our wild ones are starting to emerge from their winter homes...or return from winter retreats to their summer homes up north.
            Willows and other hardwoods are starting to show signs of life.
            If we had the right climate I'd be thinking about getting some seeds sprouted for an outdoor grow but I don't think they'd survive the wet and cold that can strike anytime here in August or September. Ohh well...keeps the electric company in business.
            Got to get over to your posts on your current grow and see how things are progressing with your regular grow of first generation!
            Time for me to get some breakfast and feed the girls_good day to work inside_ its total crap outside...

Comment

Here are a few pics of the CBD OG that I am definitely going to take down Monday or Tuesday. The trichomes and pistils have progressed a bit every day and I have another plant_ same strain_ so am going to let that one go for another two weeks_ can then compare the two and test for effects. All the others have about 10-14 days to go.

Comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful Buds - Excellent Photography!

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                I second Campesino

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely beautiful mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X