Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    Nice fix Rosetta I use electrical tape no worries for you it will grow a big fat knuckle and be stronger than before

• RosettaStoned
    replied
    It's been a little longer than I wanted for an update but oh well. It's growing well, about 15" tall. When I did the change (week 4) last time the EC was 1550 but now it's 1400. For the change (week 5) tomorrow it will be getting a 1750-1850 EC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_002910.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	196371Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_003001.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	196370
    The one in the middle. A little lst every night and I have to lower to pH just about every night as well. I trained the top branches and came back the next day and the main trunk had split. I tied it together with a soft tie for power cords. The branch I broke is just starting to grow again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_002824.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	913.5 KB
ID:	196368Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_002925.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1,019.2 KB
ID:	196369
    According to nebula, the stipules crossing on several locations is a good indicator of a female. No pre-flowers yet

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah for the most part I just use twisty ties and tie the plant to itself or lower branches. I have to adjust them weekly so they don't choke the plant. Nuts bolts anything with weight to hold it down will work. If you need support then I'd tape the stakes to the outside of bucket/pot. You can also tape the ties down if you have no where to go with the ties.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    lets see if I can explain this tywraps get some short and some long make little loops with the short ones then slide them on the long ones then attach the long ones around the top of the bucket you should be able to slide the short ones to where they are needed thin tighten it up , I usually drill holes in the sides and attach the tywraps to the bucket but you want to maintain darkness so this should work

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect!
    They definitely won't cut themselves on that wire.

• RosettaStoned
    replied
    Here's what I did, even did the broken branch. Seemed sturdy enough to at least get it started. Bottom two branches are for clones. That's if it is a female, don't need to clone a male

Leave a comment:

• Minoo96
    commented on 's reply
    Bamboo worked for me too But not as much as i'd thought it would. It's a bit too flexible, you need cured bamboo stick ^^

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    I am LOL
    When Minoo96 and I get done with it your plants are going to look awesome! They'll have bamboo duct-taped to the sides and wires coming out of everywhere!

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    I can't sleep so I'll just do it now haha. I'll be up in a few hours anyway

• Minoo96
    commented on 's reply
    I have only coated wire, I prefer to remove the coating when pushing it in the ground... Idk. Coated feels like its bigger, thus more damage to roots. But the side that's gripping the flower is coated, so make it smoother and not burn/cut the branches. Aluminium wire will work very well I think!! isn't there a ridge on the edge of the pots where you could tie it down? Otherwise you could make holes at the top of the pot, and tie the wire in those.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    You gonna tape them to the bucket?
    Sounds like a good solution. I'd consider maybe using them as anchor points and soft-ties to tie from them to plants. I suppose it depends onshow "sharp" it is. Just remember that it isn't you pushing the wire into them that does the damage, it is them growing into the wire... they are masochists!

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Minoo96 it's dwc

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I was thinking. I have some 10-12 ga aluminum wire that bends easy but hold shape well. "Found" it at work. Not coated but can just make more of a hook to coax it down gradually.

• Minoo96
    commented on 's reply
    Just push the end of the wire in the ground. Deep enough that'll hold the stem... might damage some roots though. But you do this around the plants, and then you can tie other wires to these one. Worked for me in full ground, not even growing in pots... Had similar problem of "where though?" there is nothing to tie it to if it's not in a pot ^^

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    It didn't seem to produce the results I was looking for last grow, but Chefbjy is having success just tying the supercrops down to the same branch/plant.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X