nutrient question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nutrient question!

Hi, nice to meet everyone... just about to jam on another grow, so I was down at the local hydro store picking up some last minute supplies and I was asking some questions about nutrients and they suggested rather fast that I should give Sensi grow ( 2 part solution) and sensi bloom (2 part solution) PH perfect base nutrients ... I was just wondering if anyone has tried these out and had any luck with them.. because each 2 part solution was right around 34 bucks ... for 2L of grow and 2L of bloom. I've had decent results with my nutrients I have been using in the past.. nothing out of the world.. just wanted to know if it was them pushing product, or actually selling something that could benefit me?
    PH perfect Connoisseur grow. (part A & B)
    PH perfect Connoisseur bloom. (part A & B)
    5 Gal Smart Pots, Soil: FF Happy Frog/Ocean Forest/Perlite
    Seedlings: Aggro Max 120v F24T5/HO
    Agromax Veg/Flower Tent: 48x48x80
    HLG 300 led {Quantum board technology} (600w HPS equivalent)

I'll offer my two cents: It's just fertilizer. The marketers are trying to convince us to buy lots of expensive bottles with sexy graphics, but ultimately it's still just N, P, and K + trace elements. I use nothing but the GH Flora Series that Nebula recommends plus CaliMagic because we have really soft water here. Just those four bottles have worked fine for me (and work fine on my house plants, vegetables and flowers outside--cuz it's just fertilizer! )

The one thing that I have heard consistently is that the pH Perfect line really does give a more stable pH in hydro, so there's that...

Comment

I'm gonna agree with the doc. Nutes are nutes, just keep the ratios right and don't over do it. Less is more...

Comment

Howdy Seedmiser, The doctor is correct, fancy advertising and pretty labels ain't never grown no weed! I have not used the Perfect pH, I use the GH pH down liquid and have not had any pH stability issues, but We do have very hard water here. Good luck with Your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

alright thank you all for your input.. that's pretty much what I figured. Stay tuned for my next grow .. will be starting a journal VERY SOON .. just waiting on my new HLG 300 to come in .. then I can start!!!

Comment

Gotta agree with the Doc-why pay extra for the same mix. I've always had good results from GH Flora trio for the last three years. I recently tried a sample of Greenleaf Nutrients Megacrop-I'm using it on a current run downstairs in DWC buckets. I'm also running the Flora in my main room upstairs-good results but it always has signs of Ca def. The Megacrop grow has zero issues-that's the main difference. Also-Megacrop is a dry mix and is about 1/2-1/3 the cost of the GH .

WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              gbauto, Yeah, I'm using that Mega-Crop on one of my plants, and boy is she looking good and strong and healthy.
              How much are you using a gallon or liter ?
              3-4grams a gallon.? Haven't seen any tip burn yet, my plant loves it.

• Locrian99
              Locrian99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear some feedback on the megacrop

• Locrian99
              Locrian99 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the sample unopened I might use it on an outdoor auto grow over the summer just got to find a spot to put it.

> Megacrop is a dry mix and is about 1/2-1/3 the cost of the GH .
            Just not having to ship a couple of pounds of water alone should lower the price. Makes sense...

Comment

blah darn snowstorm delayed my light a day GRRRR..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X