Ph brewed tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph brewed tea?

Do you folks who brew tea ph the water before? Ph the tea?

My water's ph is 8 to start with. I grow in roots organic over kindsoil. Normally I just give ph'd water but I have a plant going way longer than anticipated. So I figured some tea would have finish strong. Thanks in advance.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

I would assume after. Ive never used it but you always should have the pH going into your plant where it needs to be. Say your water is at pH of 8 like yours then you add pH down to get in the correct zone. Now you add the tea without knowing if pH drops or raises. If the tea really drops it now you are way low and need to add a bunch more water to bring it up all the while diluting your tea..
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

D.A.A.S.69

PaganRich

Paracelsus

​​​​​​​What say you ?

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the add mate...love this topic

Would citric acid cystals harm the microbes in the tea if used to adjst the ph ?

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        No, not if you dissolve them in a small amount of water, and then add the water to your nutrient solution a little bit at a time.

I say use R/O water follow the recipe and depending on whether you are applying foler or drenching, let it do it job. Good compost or kelp or malted barley powder or nettle or comfrey teas are not going to throw things off applied that way. Clackamas Coot no longer uses tea and he has been recycling his LOS POTS FOR DECADES Feed the soil not the plant.

Remember we don’t pH in Living Organic Soil LOS but I willl feed with teas, top dressings, worm castings, amendments and a great mulch and companion cover crop as my beds become established and teeming with microbial and organic life.
      Last edited by Paracelsus; 03-04-2018, 10:03 PM.
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Hey CaliKid, I use tap water too, that's ph is high like yours, and all I do is let it sit out 24hours, add 1-2 tablespoons a gallon of molasses, an that brings it down, where it's supposed to be, or real close, but your KindSoil has got all kinds of buffers in it, so you really ain't got to ph it anyhow.
        Your plants are going to love those teas,
        If you got any KindSoil left, you can always, top dress ,with it.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I`ve been brewing teas for a couple of years now and found it un-necessary to ph the solution or the soil. However, with girls like Kushes, I dilute to half strength if additional organic nutes have been added as a feed enhancer I recommend that excellent book Teaming With Microbes...if you`re into organics or compost teas then it`s a worthy investment. What I would suggest though is that you differentiate between bacteria and fungi when growing, do both types of solutions which compliment each other throughout a grow and which turn soil into a healthy living soil. If you don`t overdo the nutes like guano, etc your plants will thrive. Also, I never flush...no need, everything`s natural. Currently, I use 3 types of solution (There`s 4 I found but I`ve got lazy )
          Last edited by PaganRich; 03-05-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information from everyone.
            Another question I have ...

What is the ideal temperature window to brew?

Looks like I should I get an aquarium heater for colder months. Brewing in my garage that gets down to high 40's. No available space in my grow room. The house is out of the question too.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Comfortable room temp which for me equates to luke warm...I use 2 hanging agua heaters in winter, one in summer but it rains here more often than not so sometimes it`s hard to tell the difference...never lived in such a godforeshaken wet place...up in the high rolling hills where the rain laden clouds buffet against the rising land liked a squeezed sponge...my, that was poetical

Good info and a hell of a DIY
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
            The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Paracelsus ,
              I saw this in your thread. I have a big to-do list, building one of these is on it. Thank you for linking it here, I appreciate it 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X