What kind of cannabis plant is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of cannabis plant is this

Im a beginner grower and ive got the basics but when one of my plants turned out like this i was like WTF. Ive never seen a plant like this not sure whats going on but its been growing indoors for almost a year. If anyone could help me out with this it would be helpful. The leaves on the plants only have 1 finger maybe 2 on some but this is the only plant i have growing weird.

Comment

I believe it has revegged, did you go to a 12/12 light cycle and back to longer days?
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• meggypooh80
        meggypooh80 commented
        Editing a comment
        I started this plant outside in the beginning but had to bring it in once the temps wents down i live in vermont. It was still growing so thats y she came in. A friend gave us a light and a busted timer that will only shut off on its own. Most days its gets the 12/12 but other days it might get more darkness depending on when the light gets turned on so yeah thats not good. My plant seeds r just random seeds ive collected so idk what strain they r. I give them nutrients 1x a week then just fresh water as needed. Like i said im a beginner but its such a strange girl i will post a better pic

Stressing the plant by over_____ fill in the blank or not enough_____ Really any stressor can cause this. Change in light sched. maybe she's trying to reveg. Put her somewhere she can get 12 hrs. of dark,no light at all every night. Feed 1/2 strength once a week. Plain water once a week. And pH your water to 5.5--6.5

Comment

I think you just have an ugly girl in your hands

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          What a terrible thing to say -- all girls are beautiful! ; P

• meggypooh80
          meggypooh80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe like a fine wine she just needs to age to reach her full greatness lol

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          haha ive had some ugly fuckers for sure but never a year long flowering one... i would cut my loses, get better strains and start again

You said its been growing over a year!?

Can you share a pic of the whole plant. If its been on the correct light cycle the whole time it is definitely strange.

But it does look revegged to me. Did you lose power at any point?
        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• meggypooh80
          meggypooh80 commented
          Editing a comment
          I try to do the 12/12 but the time i have is junk and only shuts off on its own so it often gets more dark than light..... Posting more pics

Again yea looks like she started flowering then reveged.

Comment

Comment

Im not good with pics

Comment

I have to agree with those who have commented that the plant has probably revegetated. It doesn't look like it has any substantial deficiencies or excessive nutrient levels. The aspect that has me concerned is that the plant is very "old" and has large fan leaves growing right up to the tops of where your main cola should be yet you have cream colored pistils. If you took the photo where the plant is growing that is your problem. If its in an open room as it appears then there's no way you can keep a regimen of 12 hrs on and 12 off without other light sources interfering with the dark period_ which needs to stay dark for the full 12 hours.for at least 8 weeks. If the pant is an auto then the problem is something else. It also looks like it could use some more light...but if you're using the available light from the window and other lights in the room then thats your problem and it will never truly flower until it gets the 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness for at least 8 weeks. it needs to go into a place where it can stay in uninterrupted darkness on a regular basis...so if you don't have one you'll need a light and timer as well. Otherwise it will probably just be "confused" and not know what to do. This could also result in the plant turning from female to hermie. hope that helps!
              Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• meggypooh80
                meggypooh80 commented
                Editing a comment
                I moved the plant so i could get better pics of it. All my plants live in a small spare bedroom. We had another plant that was growing at the same time as this confused one and just harvested it. All my plants came from seeds thats ive collected so i dont know what strain lol. I get so many ppl saying do this do that so its hard to know who to listen to. Im more of the plant the seed give it water food and sun n let it grow. But this one plant in particular was so weirf i had to share.. Cant wait till i can try it out lol

Get a new timer, a new light safe location, and make sure she gets enough strong light.
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

i have to disagree with you guys, im sure its not reveging, ive done it in the past and there should be new green all leaves growth coming out of those buds but there isnt, the plants is working on those buds

Comment

• meggypooh80
                  meggypooh80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hopefully they will be nice big buds cause the are growing up the length of each stem

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah but if its been a year already harvest whatever you can and start a new grow with different strain, that plant its not worth the time

My feelings too. Start a new grow and let this plant go if you want. or just take it down. If it is in a place where the dark period can't get interrupted then maybe that will work. But it shouldn't be putting out big leaves with long stems at the top of the plant during flowering. Hopefully it will continue to develop but inconsistent photoperiods can really mess things up. At this point I think your plant might have dementia! It's just lost and can't find its way home...you're gonna have to help it along. Good luck though and you might try some auto seeds next time if you can get some_ weird light periods won't affect them so much.

Comment

Thanks everyone for ur advise and comments. I have 4 other plants that r doing great but im gonna let weirdo #5 keep doing its thing and see how it goes its got me curious. I will let y'all know how it turns out.

Comment

Sounds good, you've got some backup. Just make sure you watch #5 and make sure it doesn't go hermie on you, it will fertilize your other females. There is a tutorial on recognizing hermie plants here on GWE_so you can rid them out before they do any harm. If that will help you should check it out. Hermies often result from a plant that is having difficulties. Also any seeds from a hermie plant will only produce another like it. Good Growing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X