Medical vrs. Rec. Why I started growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical vrs. Rec. Why I started growing

I live in a legal state and moved here for the medical mj and it was amazing. Off of pain killers,anti-depresents,and mood altering drugs for five years now wish I moved here sooner but found medical mj to be my saving Grace. Now that mj has become legal it's harder for me to find the products I used to get. My mother in law has been successfully rehabilitating through the use of CBD/ THC and the edibles have gone way up in price and way down on content. Hard for me to go to sleep without those bon bons or brownies too not to mention the lack of pain I had sleeping with them. Waking up every night just flooded with pain hasn't been an issue now that I've found something that actually works. But the products are not what I moved out here for now. They're are more expensive hard to locate or just not what I would expect with the ratios and percentages that the labels provide. So I decided to put that card to work and make my own medicine. Excuse my language but fuck big pharma companies and their death drugs. The federal government isn't making it any easier for people to get medicine and keep putting money in big pharma pockets. Now they're just giving the money to hustlers and phonies for their shitty rec products. If everyone could grow their in medicine and not pay big out of pocket expenses we would probably be better off. Thanks to my doc for providing me with the only paper that I'll need for my medical needs without having to worry about insurance covering it. I hope whomever is taking meds will find that mj can eliminate half of the medicine they take and learn to cultivate their open medicine as well. And I hope those of you that can't get the medicine you need will eventually learn to do it for themselves if able. Otherwise they may have to move again, search for what they need, ( maybe it's too far), or pay stupid prices for something that only had half of the effect.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

My state recently changed the rules so that as I understand it a medical dispensary cannot sell recreation as well. They have to choose one or the other. Obviously there’s a lot more business in rec so they are switching over to rev and medical shops are becoming harder to find. Growing your own is so much nicer, I’ve found as there are more and more dispensaries the quality of the product just isn’t as good. They just opened one in the small town I live in. I went and checked it out, bought a couple grams because I did want to support them kinda cool having the option in a town of 3000 but man there 7$ grams looked like they didn’t even bother to trim them and their top shelf buds seemed over dry. When it first went legal for Rec the quality was always great at the dispensaries I went to. Not so much anymore.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Since first stepping in a dispensary I always wondered why the big ass jars, opened x amount times a day... and then people complaining about dry buds... could there be a link? 😳🤯😜

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt. Last summer my wife left half an oz in a sandwich baggy in her car for a week. I was not very happy when I ran out of my jar and asked her for it lol

The more ppl growing weed more ppl trying to make a profit alot of ppl will not know-the diffeence between good and great weed so why spend the money and time to grow great weed when good weed sells just as well. Just a thought I know we are all here because we know the diffeence and we want great weed.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

What I'm hoping for is that one day-soon, I hope-I'll be able to use MMJ and have access to pain management. Because I live in Ga, it is impossible for me to have access to both-either head down the rabbit hole of heavy duty narcotics or try and survive on my MMJ. It's been about 9 months since I made the decision to see if I could survive on just MMJ-not pleasant at times but i can do it. Just sucks that I can't use the MMJ as an adjunct to opiates-they make a HUGE difference for me.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry that's tough. It really sucks battling side effects and long term use of opiates. I don't have insurance and couldn't afford meds.mmj was cheaper and very effective for me. Hope you don't have side effects but that shit destroys you from the inside. And breaking an addiction is even worse.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel for ya, gbauto. I know that opiates work excellently for pain management when used correctly.

I loved reading what everyone so far has had to say, and I'm really wistful because I'm in an illegal state. Cannabis has begun to reveal her potential as medicine to me over the past few months, and I'm letting others know about it as well. I give away to some friends a lot of the tincture I make from the leaves, which as various forum members have discovered, have potent properties. I choose my strains for medicinal reasons now, and it blows people away who've only had experience with mediocre street weed.

So sad and ironic what some of you say about what's happening to the quality of the bud sold legally. That's cannacapitalism's goal: see if they can come up with a McDonald's junk food style of selling weed: maximum exploitation of the industry, the consumers and the sacred plant, and minimum quality.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be very careful, and selective about whom you give the tinctures to. Considering your locale you don't want to end up like poor Cindy Nightshade. In my state I can legally gift a full ounce.
        Last edited by starramus; 03-05-2018, 01:21 PM. Reason: i toopid

The final result of capitalism is less and less for more and more in all venues including the cannabis market. That is "the art of the deal".

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X