Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Calcium/Magnusium Defficiency

Hi all,

so ive just recently flipped tent to flower light cycle. Turns out it was probably a poor decision based on the fact that for the last few weeks I've been battling a calcium/magnesium deficiency.

My question is this: how do I catch up??

Some details:

2 very large plants

most recently fed with General Organics Cal/Mag supplement, a "heavy" feeding calls for 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, I doubled this. This is now the second such feeding with this potency.

Ive noticed that all the leaves DO get greener, however I am def still noticing lower leaves yellowing and dying...

i really feel feel like I need a monster dosage of the General Organics cal/mag but I obviously don't want to over do it.

Any advice ice you may have would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all in advance.

U gots a pic mate
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Comment

It looks like those plants are either root bound and or underwatered. You have major drooping of the leaf stems. Thats a sure sign of either. I think cal/mag is an underlying problem from something more major.

Plus you shouldnt see any leaves turning back green. It really doesnt work that way. The best way to know if a plants getting better is to either completely remove dead leaves or clip a fan off. So you can watch the green leaves and see if the sickness is spreading to healthy leaves.
        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

I have noticed the last couple weeks that they do seem very thirsty, I've fed them 2.5 gallons each every third or fourth day. These are 7 gallon fabric pots. Maybe being root bound is the culprit. I'll have to check that in the AM.

What size pot would you jump to should it be root bound?

Thank you!

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            You are in 7 gallon pots? It would be really hard to get rootbound in a fabric pot that size growing in a tent. Thats what I'm running myself, you can grow some pretty big plants in 7 gallons. I am running almost exactly the same water schedule with my 7 gallons as well.

When is the last time they were watered before the pictures? They might just be thirsty..

If you happen to check and they are rootbound I would go to 10s. they will last you through flower for sure. I doubt its this anymore though.

You might want to do a flush next watering before adding anything else. You may cause a lockout from giving too much at once. After the flush resume normal feeding with cal/mag full doses and what nutes you use at next feeding.

Ps. Watch your tops. You are awful close to that led already and it seems flower just started you are going to see a lot of stretch happen all of a sudden.

That does look like magnesium deficiency. The damaged leaves are not supposed to get better, but the plant should respond to Ca/Mg supplementation quickly.

Don't give extra doses (like you said "overdo it") because too much of one positively charged ion (e.g. Ca 2+ and Mg 2+) can interfere with other positively charged ions, like potassium (K+).

Comment

Morning, that plant needs to be fed properly, with the right nutrients, then you will see a big difference.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

UrbZ after checking, I doubt they are root bound! Maybe I need to be watering much more frequently. I have a second tent in flower now and those 6 plants are in 5 gallon pots, and require water every 5-7 days. But the ones in the 7 gallons do seem extremely thirsty! They were thirsty gals in their vegetative stage as well, so this theory makes sense. I'll def be keeping a regular recommended dose of the cal/mag moving forward. Hopefully I start to see some real improvement with a more frequent feeding.

Thank you all again for for your input!! Love this forum!

Comment

• UrbZ
                UrbZ commented
                Editing a comment
                After hearing the size of your pots rootbound quickly left my mind. Ive heard a 7 gallon fabric pot can grow a plant similar in size to a 10 - 12 gallon plastic pot. You can get pretty big that amount of room.

Hopefully this gets you back on track.

D.A.A.S.69 ill def be starting a more frequent feeding. Additionally, I plan to dust the top of the pots with the Papas perfect poop as a nice fertilizer that breaks down over time. I've seen some nice results from that in my last grow so hoping for similar results. Any recommendations on other supplements?

Currently i I try to employ the boogie brew compost tea every 2-3 feedings, I use super soil. Only other nutes I use are the organic cal mag. Like I mentioned earlier, I've had success with this combo in my last grow but I'm always willing to try new processes. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X