No announcement yet.

Golden Strawberry clone Crockett farm genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here is 2 questions for everyone should I try to tie it down some more to let some of the lower stuff catch up a little bit more or just keep doing what I’m doing?
    Also I’ve been wondering the closer I keep the light does it stretch less to get closer nodes to have more packed nugs that make a giant cola instead of a bunch of mini nugs or does that come down to genetics or both?
    I want know the exact secret steps to getting giant colas lol. I feel like I’m missing a step or misunderstood something somewhere

Comment

Sorry for the delay been busy but took these today for everyone
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you will be ok deadhead just keep pulling the side branches out and topping the main so they can catch up, and the secret to big colas is unstressed plants and time
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is exactly what I did pulled them all down a little bit more

Almost all caught up
        Attached Files

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice you decided to keep the branch 😆

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no that one I ripped off it never got past where I defoliated the plant that really long one did finally catch up though and so did the others one got ripped and one I tied up against the stem a little bit to reach the canopy and used my yo-yo lifters to manipulate the plant just right with the combo of tieing it down, still got it under 24/7 except when I feed it and foliar spray it

So I’m going to do week 3 and 4 again and start the 18/6 light cycle and switch to 12/12 flowering like on the chart after those 2feeds and flush

Comment

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel like it’s where I want it to be to start the switch over and super excited cause it’s already as big as the last plant at harvesting time lol

Stoked to say I’m adding to my room and nutrient line up

Comment

Sorry I haven’t been posting much everyone my health has deteriorated some so I’ve been trying to get it back under control and manageable, but
          Happy Easter Everyone!!!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, sorry to hear about health and hope things turn around for you in that regard.
            Pics would help with defol questions. I assume you are familiar with the bud based defol tutorial? I followed it closely last time, but this time I am going to remove significantly fewer leaves. Prunning leaves can help with air-flow, humidity, and expose growth to light, but I think it is easy to get carried away and trim leaves that would be better left. For my current defol I am going to take leaves that are really blocking others and I have already lollipopped, But I am going to try and keep leaves that aren't problematic (blocking others that I want to prioritize).

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I barely defoliated last grow but I think it hurt ,y yield so I’m trying more aggressive I think this time around

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the opposite. Last grow I defoliated so much that I think that hurt yield! There is a sweet spot somewhere in the middle!!

Oh one other thing my leafs have been sweating I guess is the term and I think my light my drip too. So there will be water in between a few leaves but they do not touch and then there will be like a couple drops on the top leaves should I be concerned and I figure the defoliant will help

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Defoliating might help keep things dry. Any recent pics???

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just took some going to upload now

Sorry for the delay I finally get a day off and I’m just relaxing too much
          Attached Files

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah those $30 ones won't work the heater is a good idea.

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn I was really hoping those cheap ones work too

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Well since you're not really in an enclosed environment you'd probably have to get a big one to dry out a home lol. Otherwise there were some i seen for around $80-90 that would work for a small area. I used a combination of heat and fans to keep mine below50% in flower in 8x8 room.

Thanks Mr. Furley that makes alot of sense , my Rh is under 50 in bloom room so I never gave it to much thought
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

An after haircut picture defoliated yesterday

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good! That will help with humidity far more than a $30 dehumidifier!

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good. You have done an amazing job from the beginning.

• Deadhead91
              Deadhead91 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the help and walk through I have the knowledge I just need to apply it and the reassurance helps me to stop second guessing everything

Mr.furley Hey I was wondering if you could help me with a feeding chart, I’ve been following the fox farm feed chart and the advanced nutrient chart.
            I’m currently on week 2 of advanced chart with bud candy, overdrive and flawless I’ve only used the bud candy so far of those. I’m also using sensi cal mag xtra but I’ve been using 3ml every other feeds.

For the fox farm I’m using the trio, bushdoctor microbe brew and sledgehammer. And currently on week 6 feed.

Should I just follow everything to a T or should I try to make custom feed?
            Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deadhead when you use Molasses it is going to drop you ph drastically my goes from 6.4 to 4.6 when I add it and I use molasses though the whole grow once a month

• Deadhead91
              Deadhead91 commented
              Editing a comment
              That helps a lot oldjarhead cause that explains the huge ph dip when I used it last grow

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              yup its caused me to lock out nutes from the girls a couple of times before I figured it out also I have to count to ten 1000 to give meter enough time to change

Comment

I think I may need a little help with this one what should I cut off and what should I leave? This thing just took off on me and I haven’t been able to control it all. Monster plant it’s about 4 foot tall now and that’s with all the tie downs and stuff, it did get a lil heat stress from the heatwave and I just flushed it last night and week 3 of flowering
              Attached Files

Comment

• Deadhead91
                Deadhead91 commented
                Editing a comment
                your telling me there is so much growth technically it’s 60/40 Indica dominant so that explains why it filled up good and does the bottom buds really steal that much from the top colas or is it just that fact it doesn’t get much light?

• Deadhead91
                Deadhead91 commented
                Editing a comment
                And how far down should I start to strip and would cutting the huge fan leaves affect it or would that be ideal to take the huge leaves off? I’ve read the defol tutorial many times but it still leaves me with lots of questions

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm by no means an expert in defol but it will get more leaves well into 3rd week of flower. You can sneak a peak on my journal if you would like to see my process. And yes lower colas can steal energy that's why some people lollipop. When you take leaves off of the bottom it will promote growth to the top of the plant in its efforts to releaf. There's debate on the process of defoliating and I'm on the fence with defoliating in general. But I do prune to maintain structure and promote top growth whenever possible allowing light to penetrate to the lower canopy and creating good air flow.

Sorry the link is in my sig.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                On page5 you will see how much I defoliated and what it looks like now on pg6.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X