Golden Strawberry clone Crockett farm genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Strawberry clone Crockett farm genetics

Got a clone that was practically dead, from a friend 2 weeks ago I got it on track, a little bit too much nitrogen so i got a base line for now but it needed it badly all the problem areas are clearing up it had really bad nutrient deficiency and light burn. I also defoliated the really bad looking leaves since it started all the sprouts and its really growing too. Started to show new preflowering and a couple white hairs so I'm switching the light cycle over.
    For this grow everything I'm using:
    7gal geopot
    BushDoctor Coco Loco mix
    Fox Farm Trio
    BushDoctor microbe brew
    BushDoctor sledgehammer
    Sensi cal-mag xtra
    Black Market Revolution foliar spray (has cytokinins hormone and fulvic/humic acid along with seaweed)
    Black Market Prohibition liquid compost( has humic acid and kelp)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Deadhead91; 03-02-2018, 04:02 AM.

Hello Deadhead, looking forward to your new grow!
    I'm in.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely going to be a hard one to train I think since I'm doing a flip to 18/6 for a week then to 12/12you think it would be ok to retop the 2 top branches to let the bottom catch up since it's only got so many tiers, also the plant was taller but the top broke off during transit (not my fault I didn't transport it but I wish I did lol) just 2 more branches but i wouldve cut it there anyways

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I would hold off with the light switch till it is healthy. A general rule of thumb for me is to top and then wait a week or two before switching a light, as long as it's growing healthy top what you need, sometimes it's better to keep it in veg a little longer even if you're showing signs of pre flower.

Originally posted by Deadhead91 View Post
    Got a clone from a friend that was practically dead 2 weeks ago
    I hope your friend is feeling better!

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not even what I ment to say hahaha

Mr.furley I topped it about a week and a half ago and recovered perfectly didnt even phase the clone but what I was asking is can you top a plant multiple times?
    And after doing some research, I've found a few things
    1 stress can cause a plant to flower(very interesting reads if you can find the articles, it's a fairly newer study, not focused on weed but very good read )
    2 the cytokinins hormone with humic and fulvic acid foliar spray could be the culprit I think
    Attached Files

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bent that top over to let light down but it's what I circled

hey deadhead i think I would top the plant at the 6th node up yes you will cut of about a foot of plant but this will enable you to veg the plant until you get good healthy growth let it fill in get a little more vigorous then flip it your yield will be better and you will have less issues good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I agree with OJH if you lose a foot off the top you can then bring the light down to where it can really t.c.b.

Comment

I Agree with OJH and Primo.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok will do, I'll be doing that tonight after work most likely.

Comment

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            And thanks guys

It has been done I just took off the top two nodes probably should've went one more lower but I couldn't decide so less is more sometimes but I just tied it down a little more
          Attached Files

Comment

Just going to put this here

Comment

Comment

• Deadhead91
                Deadhead91 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m seriously getting frustrated with how to train this thing I got about 4 branches towards the middle of the plant that could be colas but everything else is out growing them, thinking of maybe I should cut some of the leaves from the top to let the light in and hopefully slows the top down a little bit

• Deadhead91
                Deadhead91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and thanks again guys stay tuned for the next round of pics tonight

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                When I want faster growing branches to slow down I pinch them about three nodes from the top and bend them over. That gives them a few days to a week to recover while the other smaller ones get a chance to catch up some. I know I'm a touch late with this

Ok, so it is probably too late, and might not be one of the best ideas to come out my brain, but what if you turned a plant like that on it's side? Like turned it on it's side long enough for the branches to start growing towards the new "up", then planted it that way. You would end up with basically a big manifold, with the the branches now more or less, at the same hite. If you could get root growth from the now buried stalk, it would be getting a pretty consistent share of energy to each branch.
              Again, just one of the crazy ass ideas I think of while hanging out with the plants.
              Good luck, good job bringing her back from the dead!!
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Deadhead91
                Deadhead91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Idk how I’ll get the dirt to stay in a sideways pot lol

I’m thinking maybe a little mini clone it’s mainly just one straggler and the rest can’t beat the top but just about there I’ll post a pic in a few hours I just started my foliage feed

Comment

Here is the update, I’m on the fence about cutting off this tiny branch or leave it

Comment

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love how you just bring plants to life from near death. Lol looks great. My wife said you're a plant whisperer when I showed her this and your bugs and root rot post. I'm sure your decision will be a good one.

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much call me the ganja plant doctor lol, but I really just spend all my time reading about growing and paying close attention to the plant, I really wish I had the money to start a licensed grow op or at least have the proper equipment to really do this right.

So I’ve done 2 full feeds so far starting at week 3, I’ve also have done 3 foliar feeds up to date with just the black market revolution and water, I mixed in 1.5ml to 24oz of water and is perfect. There are no more burn or problem areas think of letting this one get a little taller before the switch this time
                Attached Files

Comment

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Third feed is tonight and I’ll try to get some pics up and some good ones hopefully, I tried posting a 4K video I did off my phone but it exceeded the max limit to upload so I’ll do a video and try to screenshot and load it that way, hopefully it works. Also btw iPhones take better videos then pics if you change the settings

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X