Weird Filament Stuff on one bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Weird Filament Stuff on one bud

Hi. just got this photo of our White Widow plant, and there is a weird filament stuff on one of the buds. please see photo. I don't remember seeing this one in my research, and i don't see it quickly in the symptom checker. If anyone knows what this is, please let me know. I am away, but have instructed my wife to trim that one branch immediately. it was close anyway. didnt want to take any chance if it's fast growing
    In brief, this is my first grow. Our grow now, as my wife has been the hands on caregiver since I went away on a job adventure a month ago. She has done everything with my (limited knowledge based) direction - so any issues are mine. There are 4 plants in a 3 by 3 tent. They all have been raised in Sohum living soil, with coco coir around the outside 1.5 inch and bottom 2 inches in 3 gallon fabric pots. Many small issues over the grow. Ph of water has been kept around 6.5.They were started till flowering with a 300 W non brand name LED, and I got a 600W around 7 weeks. added that with the MH for a week, and then switched to the HPS, that can operate between 75 and 50 %, depending on the temperature in my basement - normally 75% They are all at 58 days since switch to 12:12, and were 7 weeks old at that point. they received nothing but water until a month ago when added blackstrap molasses. 2 weeks ago started adding a liquid seawead and an organic bloom nutrient all at half concentration. This filament was not noticed on site or by multi photos so could be new, but also doesn't stand out. I put this photo on my grow journal, located on the regular forum part, but thought this might be a place with frequent monitoring. Oh yeah, for 34 of the last 6 days, I have added the 300 W lED that shines over the plant in question and one other, so they are getting both types of light. the other plants have very few leaves left, while this is the one that stayed full. ther are two circulating fans inside that are basically aimed at the plants and moved around. Help! should I pull the plug?
    Attached Files
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Wish I could help you, Ive never seen anything like that. Cant wait to hear what it is from someone more knowledgeable than me.

Comment

a little further info. My wife, when we were talking (a very intelligent specimen) said they dont look like anything foreign.. the filaments look like they are coming from the plant. from comparisons to photos the buds look good???? more photos later. If this wasnt me, I'd be very curious. not foxtailing, not rot (I think). a lot of air ciirculation, pretty significant trimming, and dry 30 to 35%. only thing would ba temp in that the last two moonth has been between 65 to 68F at night. That bud is being trimmed now, as if it were safe for consumption.
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Looks like spider mite webbing.

I dont know anything else that would make that maybe a silk worm or caterpillar. But that definitely didn't come from the bud naturally.
        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Other than maybe something foreign blowing into the air and sticking to the bud.

Too thick for spider mite webbing. Can you see it originating from the bud or not Bootsy?

Comment

Morning Bootsy, yeah, that ain't nothin, pull it off, I get that crap from time to time, it comes from a blanket, that's got lots of threads, it's airborne. Nothin to worry about ,at least that's what's on my plants sometimes, same kind of stuff as lint.
          Pull it off.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

thanks folks one bud picked . I am not home, but my wife inspected pretty thoroughly after removing the bud and saw nothing that looked out of place other than the filament, which pulled off but were kinda velcro-like. willmonitor closely since they are getting close anyway. panic has settled. onward

Comment

• Bootsy
              Bootsy commented
              Editing a comment
              that was weird wording. I mean we agree that it looks like a foreign substance and hopefully that's it. will check later when i can add the trimmed bud photo. off to work.

yeah, sometimes when i'm looking through the loupe at the plants i see this, some carpet hair or something, remove it or the buds will encapsulate it, goodluck

Comment

Time to close this out. thank you for the calmness. It has been confirmed that the fibers came from the fabric pots. I guess the buds really latch onto them. see below for pictures of the sacrificed bud after trimming (first time by trimmer - so be nice). back to the main forum with some photos.
              Attached Files

Comment

Its so funny as far back as I remember I always wondered why when breaking up smoke there was random stuff in the buds. Being a grower myself I now know why. Unfortunately we have cats, I am religiously pulling hairs off buds when I see them. I can imagine anything that can get blown up and stuck to a resiny bud will.
                ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X