Bunch of over dried bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch of over dried bud

I have a pound of bud that is over dried. I put a couple of ounces in jars with bovida packs to see if it can be revived. It smokes ok. Made a bunch of cold water hash. The hash is ok, the bud being so dry, lots of plant material in the hash.

Any ideas what to do with it? I'm not fond of butane for a solvent, due to the equipment required to properly fully purge. Was thinking of a pound of really strong butter ... or? Not sure if I can get high enough alcohol % to make a good tincture.

What say you? What would you do with a lb. of dry-ass buds?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving any thoughts .
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

man just get some moisture in there and store it properly and smoke it... i would personally use lettuce leafs, right off the fridge, check and move around the buds every few hours or so it wont take more than one day to get nice to smoke

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll give the lettuce a try. It worked for small sacks when I was a kid.

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used small paper balls soaked in water to rehydrate sack doesn't effect smell or taste as long as u dnt put to much.( have had mixed results with lettuce and orange peels)

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I tape q-tips to the lid of the jar and moisten them with a few drops of water

I use healthy fan leaves to rehydrate dried out weed.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some of those available...Good tip .
      Thanks

Definitely rehydrate it. I like to just open it up in my greenhouse, that works really good.
    I thought I'd messed up a couple ounces not long ago, left it in a bucket last fall, still on the stems, was dry as a popcorn fart. popped the lid in my GH for about a day, keeping a close eye, started manicuring it, and was like " man, this is some NICE stuff still !!".
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like this stuff, maybe there's hope...
      Thanks for sharing the experience.

I've used expanded clay pellets with good results. Unused pellets of course. Pre soaked in bottled water

Comment

Hey kid, is it your bud, did you grow it? If not, do you know its background, what the strain is, how long it's been since it was cut down?

I'd want to know all that before I put a lot of effort/time into it. But if it's good quality, I'd decarb and infuse it in alcohol, strain it and make tincture. If it smokes ok, it might make a much better concentrate...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup, I have a friend that helps an older gentleman with his grow. They grow indoor and outdoor. I don't know any details about this bud, other than we went to visit for the weekend, and smoked the whole time. When it was time to pack up he hooked me up with a bunch. So I don't know anything about it really, other than my buddy got from his mentor.

I wouldn't buy any of this. But since it was a gift, why not fill in the gap between harvests?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just remember that what you put in will determine what you get out. A while back, a friend gave me some bud that had been ruined by being kept in over heated conditions, it wasn't even worth messing with...

I have rehydrated by tossing a nice juicy green bud off of a flowering plant in with the dry.

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I've also done this and have to say it worked best outa anything else I've ever tried

I would split it in half for hash half for budder my 2 cents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X