auto flowering with pollen sacs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto flowering with pollen sacs

I have a plant with lots of female buds but I have noticed pollen sacs just below.is this scrap or will I be able to make oil out of it?

You should post your pics might just be calyx

Comment

• trickytrev1st
      trickytrev1st commented
      Editing a comment
      got pics but cannot upload.the buds look good but just underneath are sacs

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with that

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely calyx this is how you know it's female the male sacks look like like circlepods on some mini stem or show up in a cluster you will know the difference immediately if you you ever get any

managed to upload these.any comments really welcome.

Comment

Hi there, and welcome to GWE.
      First of all, check out this article over on the main GWE website http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-plants-bananas-hermies
      That should help you be able to figure out what you've got going on hopefully as without a picture we can't give you a definite answer.

As for if it's scrap, firstly it depends if it is actual male parts on a female plant or not. After that there's a few other factors to take into consideration, including how far along in flowering it is.

Why don't you start by letting us know what strain you're growing, how old the plant is and how long the breeder/seedbank said it would take to finish?

Would you like to tell us a bit about your setup as well? We're all keen to see what others growers are using, from the most simple setups to big, badass ones!
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

If it's the thing I circled in red its nothing to worry about. Some call it a Calyx, some call it a bract.
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• trickytrev1st
          trickytrev1st commented
          Editing a comment
          cheers mate,i think you have put my mind to rest.this is my 1st grow and have only small area 2'6x 3' x5'6. istarted with 4 but sent 3 away as my area was too small.i have been using cfls in compost and used cheap nutrients,will post results(don't know when to harvest).this is not for smoking it's for oil extraction.not even sure what strain they are I bought 100 seeds for £1 each.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely budz !

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look great for a first grow. You've still got a few more weeks yet by the look of it. Get a magnifying loupe/magnifying glass/ microscope if possible and read up on the when to harvest articles on the main GWE site

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

thankyou for info.there is a lot of information on gwe site amd for a 1st timer a bit too much to digest at first,but I'll get there in the end.i packed in smoking about 12 years ago but i'm sure a few of my mates will sample and give there opinions.

Comment

hi,forgot to ask would it be better if I finished with a 600watt hps light.i have no extraction as cupboard too far away from window.

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            600HPS would be better for yield, but only if you can manage/control the heat and have enough height left in your grow space

cheers ozbud,the reason I stopped hps at the beginning was because I couldn't control the heat.next time i'll buy a dimmable ballast and more small fans.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X