Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ok I start to grow my seed under 1000w HPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ok I start to grow my seed under 1000w HPS?

Im starting my seed under 1000w hps, tune it down to 600w mode
    Keeping it in the maximum height in my grow tent.
    It is too much light for seedlings?

Should be fine. leave it as far away and low powered as possible until you see stretching start. Then you can slowly start working it back down to the preferred height.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

It is fine putting a seedling or clone under a HID light, but you will be wasting a lot of energy doing so. You will also need to hang the light fairly high to prevent photodamage. As young plants cannot photosynthesis at high levels in early stages of their life. Although some strains are more tolerant than others, this is just a result of efficient photoprotection systems. As such doing so slows the whole process down as the plant trys to survive through the stress from light.

If you have a lux meter, shoot for around at least 5000 lux, no more than 20,000. Preferably though, i would just put the girls under some CFLs save some money from the wasted power.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Using the cfl’s is way easier, cheaper in long run, and you won’t run the risk of stunting your seedlings.

At 15 cents a kilowatt hour for 18 hours, that's $2.70 a day to light a seedling. Why not just use a 15 watt LED light bulb and save yourself some money?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJohnson View Post
        At 15 cents a kilowatt hour for 18 hours, that's $2.70 a day to light a seedling. Why not just use a 15 watt LED light bulb and save yourself some money?
        cuz the area i live it's i bit cold for seedling right now,
        Using HID warm my tent up perfectly

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats another reason and is exactly what i do for winter grows. 600 watts HPS creates roughly 16°c temperature difference. 1000 watts HPS would be about 23°c. Which would mean you could handle down to about 3°c before requiring additional heating.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X