question on long term storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on long term storage

i've had my herb in mason jar for almost a year now in a cool dark area. There are some jars where the herb is no longer green. i'ts almost like a yellow and didn't smell like it used too. should i use vacuum bags and put in the freezer for long term storage?

Hello Cyberaktif, We've also got a bunch in jars, for years, it's still good .But vacuum sealed in the freezer would be lots better, for long term storage.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
      GreenDragonRon commented
      Editing a comment
      I think vacuum sealed in a jar would be better, there will be less damage to the trichomes.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as they are in the freezer, it shouldn't matter that much, I wouldn't think Cyberaktif. I honesty don't know how long they can stay in the freezer, without going bad, probably a couple of years, but I really would like to know that answer. Good Luck with your stash.

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you do freeze it make sure you get freezer bags so you don't get freezer burn also

Originally posted by cyberaktif View Post
    i've had my herb in mason jar for almost a year now in a cool dark area. There are some jars where the herb is no longer green. i'ts almost like a yellow and didn't smell like it used too. should i use vacuum bags and put in the freezer for long term storage?
    The first question that comes to mind is was the herb cured properly?
    This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

Here's the GWE page on storage:
    Learn the best way to store your weed so it stays potent and smelling great! Proper storage of cannabis can even make buds feel stronger!

Comment

Boveda packs can keep your bud perfect for up to a year if you dont open the jar much. As soon as the boveda pack is bad put in a new one it will be good for another year sealed.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        58 or 62 either is good for herb.

I like the 58's they leave my buds a bit easier to break up not dry and dusty but they do crumble a little bit with fingers.

62's will give a bit of a more squishy bud. May take scissors.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Also for sizes. They come in 4 gram, 8 gram and even bigger.

4 gram pack will store a half. 8 gram pack will store an oz. Ect. Ect.

• DoodleFinn20
        DoodleFinn20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Seal inside a vacuum bag just don’t get it under vacuum. Just close it off. Ideally around 55%rh Freeze if you like but you’ll loose a lot of trichomes handling it

Comment

Turn it into hash and vacuum seal it and put in freezer if u wish,much easer to store and won’t loose Trichomes lol

Comment

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hash or wax is the way to go for sure

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X