Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all Im new to growing weed and got a few questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all Im new to growing weed and got a few questions??

hello im new to this kind of growing and any help would be greatly appreciated im gonna try the bubbleponics tutorial on this site. i got a 4x4x6.5 growing tent and a 600w HPS hooded light system.The hooded light system is vented out seperate than my filter system and i have the temps fairly dialed in at 75f to 85f its set up in a basement in its own room with an outside window so i have options. im gonna try the 600w bubbletronics tutorial on this site .. My question is am i gonna need a chiller in my 5 gallon resevoir totes to keep the water temp down?? it never said anything about chillers in that tutorial and im concerned my resevoir temps are gonna get to high

If you could have your resivoir outside of the tent, it would save you a good chunk of change for an extra few feet of hose. And it would releie the issue

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Howdy Proby and welcome. I'm on my seventh DWC (Bubbleponics) grow. The best advice that I can give You is to keep the nutrient water very well aerated, cool, and dark. I use four 4" x 2" air stones and a four outlet air pump for each reservoir. I control the temperature of the water using ice bottles. the bottles are smooth sided 0.7 lt. and, at this time of year, keep the temperature down for six to eight hours. I try to keep the temperature between 64° and 70° F. I cover the net pots (after the rockwool cubes are in) over the clay pebbles, with only a small hole for the seedling. I use only five of the net pots for plants, the other one is for holding the ice bottle and filling up the reservoir.
      Good luck with your growing.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Proby
        Proby commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks guys for the advice like i say im new to growing weed and appreciate the help DW2 how big are your resevoirs?? mine are 5 gallon

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Proby, you listen to DW2 an Alltatup an a few more that grow in those bubbles like you gonna do , and you will be just fine.
        They done got all the bugs worked out for you , an don't mind helping. It's hard to beat that 600watt, you got. GoodLuck

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        The reservoirs that I am using are ten gallon Sterilite totes, but I only use six gallons (you got to leave room for the roots!)

Hi Proby, welcome to the forum! It all depends on your grow room environment. I grow hydro and I had chronic problems with root rot until I got a chiller hooked up. I live in the hot and dirty South; others who grow hydro don't need a chiller, but I did.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Proby
        Proby commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks alltatup im from Canada so weather cold now what kind of chiller your running??

Proby, this is what I got:

I drilled holes in the side of my grow box, had to do a lot of finagling, hope you don't have to do as much. But depending on where you are in lovely Canada, you may not need one.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Proby
        Proby commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks alltatup for info and pics much appreciate im in saskatchewan canada alltatup im waiting on a water pump for my DWC topfeed water system and my seeds are in the mail then im gonna start my first grow i been looking at cool works ice probe and chill solutions CSXC-1 aquarium chillers to cool my resevoirs anyone know anything about these?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked into stuff like that, but it wasn't possible with my setup. But you're right: those aquarium chillers can easily be installed for hydroponics.

thanks alltatup what size is your resevoir and grow set up size? if you dont mind me asking?? i got a 4x4x6.5 grow tent with a 600w HID i was thinking over night if i run a bigger resevoir than my original 5 gallon resevoir x2 say like a 15 to 20 gal resevoir then i would only need 1 resevoir in my tent and only 1 chiller like yours to cool that not 2 resevoirs to worry about and 2 chillers? whats your thoughts on this idea??

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X