Best most durable brand of fabric pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best most durable brand of fabric pots

I have always used the economical (mainly free) plastic pots for my grows, but want larger pots thus larger plants and yield. What are the best 10 gallon fabric pots in your experience?

What is your opinion of these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Q2EZ2KVU&psc=1
    Last edited by starramus; 02-11-2018, 04:05 PM. Reason: i toopid

Those would work great.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Danke for the recommendation.

Comment

After you use them, you'll see the difference between them - by looking at the roots after harvest. I noticed plastic pots the roots were more rootbound, whereas - fabric pots are way less rootbound. Just one of the many tricks to use when growing cannabis.
        The happiest plants produce the best buds.
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I'm using a plastic waste basket from Target with a woven design with lots of air holes. It's like with burlap. Cheap, tons of air exchange, and it works great. Hardware cloth lined with burlap works well too.

Comment

My dad showed me how to improvise all the time. Fortunately now I can afford to be lazy and order online.
            But I like your idea, must work great. Lots of air ventilation.
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
              DoctorJohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              > I can afford to be lazy and order online.
              There's something to be said for the simple pleasure of doing it yourself if you have the time and inclination, and for experimenting with new techniques (or just fooling around in the work shed, for that matter).

If you go fabric pots get the geopot brand they are the sturdiest

Comment

I use vivosun they work great .I complained to them that there 5 gallon pots did not hold 5 gallons of dirt they explains that the size was a industry standard and if I wanted a pot that would hold 5 gallons I would need to buy bigger pots 7/10 . then they turned around and mailed me 10 10 gallon pots to replace the 5 g that I bought .service like that deserves some loyalty so I just buy vivo sun bags but I think they all well serve us well ,I dont think we will get more than 2 or 3 years out of them ,maybe I will be surprised lol
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I bought the smart pot brand on amazon with handles. I needed another grow shop carries the geopot brand. I bought one of those 5 gallon. It was about 1/2 the price, I like the handles on the geopot more as they are sewn on as opposed to part of the bag in the smart pot. The smart pot way is probably more durable but kind of gets in my way as I’m doing some pretty crazy LST. The smart pot brand seems slightly larger as well. I will be saving the few bucks and buying the geopots in the future.
                Last edited by Locrian99; 02-12-2018, 08:52 AM.
                48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
                600w mh/hps
                32”x32”x63” veg tent
                viparspectra PAR 450 led
                FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
                5 gallon Smart Pots
                Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
                Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Yeah that "industry standard" is certainly deceptive. The 10 gallon pots I am looking at are only 16.5" by 12". I probably need to go to 15 gallon.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very,very deceptive.

I use Root Pouch fabric pots. Sturdy handles, and they actually hold what they say, or at least pretty close. They're American made, seems to be better quality than the ones made in Vietnam or china.
                  "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey cali I checked them out great prices and I liked the idea of being made here unfortunately they I didn't see any 7 gallon bags going to try 5 gallons though

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    just went back to amazon what an airhead I am they make 7 gallon pots ,I got some degradable one and some non degradable ones

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X