Flowering Stretch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering Stretch.

So just something I was wondering have not seen it anywhere searching.

Does flowering stretch directly correlate to light height?

If I put my light as close as possible at the beginning of flower will my stretch be less or is the stretch of your plant completely up to strain and will it disregard light height?

Just wondering because I had limited room below my lights pre flower and it seems my stretched has stopped. I dunno if it is because of the stretch being done itself or the fact that I grew into the lights?
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

I don't think so I think it all has to do with pheno type tall or short I got 2 autos growing side by side. The lights are all the same hight 1 is just stretching out of control I keep telling her to stop. The other is a short plant only stretched for a week. I had a blueberry photo once stretch for 5 weeks it didn't care the light was in the way I had to supercrop it like crazy.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Cool thanks.

My stretch period may be over. But Im not even 3 weeks in to flower yet thinking it was kinda early to be done. Couldnt find stretch info on the strain.. Stretch has mostly halted and it seems they are focused on bud production.

But Im growing into dangerous territory with light height, I wouldnt be mad if stretch was done. My tallest plant now is showing drooping on top leaves Im pretty sure its from too much light. Im running an 1800 watt cob its suppose to be 3.5 feet or higher above canopy. The tallest plant is around 2.5 feet below it now nearly a foot closer than recommended.

What type of lights are you running for your set.

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        /coughs "Supercrop"
        The cola I took down on Flower day 21 has absolutely been the best grower since then.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Theres too many tops lol. And its already perfectly even canopy too.

Sirius on the site has an article where it talk about spectrum affecting the stretch. More blue less red less stretch. So if you were using a meh/hps setup leave the mh in during the first few weeks of 12/12 you’d have less stretch.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive heard of that and also using blues the last 3 weeks of flower to produce more trichomes.

Unfortunately my lights full spectrum and has no switch so no changing main lighting. My 2 supplemental lights do have a switch for veg/bloom. But they just fill the empty space on the edge of the tents.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had not heard or the blues late in flower. I’ll have to look into that.

I think it’s 100% up to genetics but you can fuck things up with too much light or heat and you’ll be promoting stretch in any case. I grow a lot of “wild” random genetics (South American schawg) and some plants just wont stop growing and some other just wont grow tall no matter what. When a plant is too tall just suppercrop and tie down

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't have to do all at once...
        Just do one or two and see what happens. After my experience I think I am going to try and supercrop colas around Flower day 21. In my GIFs the Supercrop that I am talking about is on your far left. It has obviously outperformed all others in the two weeks since.
        If the plants really aren't stretching at all then you can also do a second supercrop to point the head back up. Stress is really negligible - in fact, they really seem to like it - They're kinky like that (pun intended)

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes maybe a not so stressful technique like tie down a wrench or any heavy tool to the branch to lower it some more. But yeah those things only go so far and choosing bushy short plants for the future is your best bet

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        @9fingerleafs

For the life of me I tried to keep em bushy and short. That tallest plant is only 24 inches tall. I even reburied the main stem to where my first node is only 1 inch above the soil.

Interesting question. My guess is that without enough light, plants will continue to reach out for more light when flowering just as they do in veg.

The larger, more important, issue of course is not giving plants enough light, which reduces the size of your crop even it it may increase the distance between leaves.

> I had limited room below my lights pre flower and it seems my stretched has stopped. I dunno if it is because of the stretch being done itself or the fact that I grew into the lights?
      You don't say how old your plants are. My guess is that they simply completed their flowering stretch but "We can hypothesize endlessly in the absence of data."

Comment

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        They are 76 days old. 60 in veg and 16 since flip. They did have some pistils before the flip so I don't know exactly when to say flower started. 1st day of switch or the week after like everyones suggest to do.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I count from the flip. Nebula counts from the flip in the Defol tutorial. Counting from the flip eliminates guesswork and is something that you can control. I know that many breeders count from Pistils, but this seems like a way to advertise shorter flowering periods.
        Age of veg really shouldn't matter. Only problem with supercropping late in flower is that after stretch is over, plants won't spring their heads back up. My supercrop at day 21 did (but a lot slower than those a few days prior), but if I pinched one down now I would put a second crop in it to point its head back up. Have seen growers who put essentially a "N" in their stalks to keep colas level. At flower day 16, where you are now, I was supercropping like crazy, but my plants were growing 1-2" daily at that point.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        hmm. That makes sense. I would say its been 3 days since any noticeable growth. I am thinking more and more stretch is done. Strain info says medium height plant. And after looking at some other early flower pictures it seems the plants main goals are buds right now and not growing.

The plant I am dealing with is the single plant in the background.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that I see that I realize there’s not much you can do. Better to let her be

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel shes too pretty and even to bend all those tops. Plus I think I will block a ton of undergrowth.

I can gain 1.5 - 2 inches of light clearance by removing my ratchet cord and hooking it directly to my main crossbar. I will probably do this and hope for the best. Mainly minimum foxtailing as possible. As I think this will be my biggest issue. I have seen no light bleaching as of yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X