New grower!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower!!

What is the best lighting to start a grow with??

Welcome to the forum Sauve757.
    That is a big subject with a lot of variables I would suggest to start reading here.

There many grow lights that work well for growing cannabis indoors, but they boil down to 3 popular types: fluorescents (CFLs, T5s), HIDs (MH, HPS, LEC) and LEDs. Learn the differences so you can pick the best option for your setup!

if you would like to tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish plant number, space you have, budget we would love to recommend something.

​​​​​​​
    Space for Rent.

Comment

I would recommend the classic switchable hps/metal halide set up. All dependant on your room of course. Buying an led with out the proper knowledge is more than likely a waste of time. After you read a bit on the science of LEDs, I would say take a crack at those .but to start, stick with something that is pretty standard.

Comment

Dragon-LED XL120
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

315 cmh is my vote
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with Abadtrip, 315cmh.

Or go hybrid .... I use a 430w HPS (for flowering) with a 1500w full spectrum led and a 250w white led.

grow medium : organic sol
          room : 10x8x6
          5 hash plant feminized
          Alaskan fish & molasse & Fox Farm nutrients
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

As you can see, there are a lot of options but like Mr. Furley said, it depends on what you are planning, budget and space. Just be prepared to buy lots of things twice or just spend a little more now to get what you need. It can be confusing at first but it will come and there is a lot of good advice here you can trust. I started out with CFL's just to try my hand at growing and had good results but have upgraded everything since I started.
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X