Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been awhile, been busy

Hello again growers!
    Been awhile since I last posted, but I've been busy as well with other things.
    Any how, finally got the building here that I was waiting on and have started getting stuff to set this mess all up and doing it while growing 3 plants at the same time.
    The first pic in this line up is the 3 plants I started when I was on here last time.
    As I mentioned before, I am still in the process of setting up my grow room but here's some pics of what I have to work with.
    Any how, descriptions are under the pics, just wanted to let evey one know I'm still alive and kicking and growing.
    Also have a new 1200 watt led coming in for my bloom room in the next couple of days.
    At the moment I'm only using a 300 watt as my 1000 watt went out on me. it's in the pic below laying close to the building's door.
    Any how, these plants are growing in that Build your own soil I got almost a year ago, and they seem to be doing pretty good for the most part, except for that short lemon, not sure what it's problem is but smoke is smoke in the long run.
    I'll try to check in more often and let you know how it's going!
    (now to see if it'll upload my pics)

Wow I'll say you been busy,now you went and made all the rest of us green with envy. Nice shed I like the storage loft. If it were mine I would be putting elec. outlets on every other stud before I hung the drywall. And a ceiling fan, gotta have a ceiling fan

Comment

• BillyKidd
      BillyKidd commented
      Editing a comment
      EXCELLENT IDEA! ceiling fan! was wondering how to get a wind going without loads of fans!
      Thanks!!

I almost built one of these in my master bedroom lol awesome to see you did it can't wait to see the grow

Comment

Broke my 1000 watt full spectrum apart and manged to get it to working again!
      OH JOY!
      Got my seedling and veg light back now!

Comment

I think your new crop is going to be very happy living in those new digs- very nice setup. Wish I had something like that, but it gets real cold here so I'd have to insulate it and warm the air from any intake before it got into the shed. The outside air is between -10 and 32 degrees all winter. I guess I could just grow in the summer but.....I like doing two crops a year!
        Nice job for sure_hope you get results relative to the effort you put into it. Cheers for your future crop and very cool grow space!
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• BillyKidd
          BillyKidd commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!
          The building is insulated, but when I start building the separate walls for veg and bloom this weekend, I'm thinking about insulating their perspective corners of the building for that extra protection.

Are you going to need to warm the air coming in from outside? if so how are you going to do that? I thought I could use some electric heaters to keep the inside warm but haven t come up with a good solution for arming in intake. Got any suggestions? The insulation will help keep it cooler when the temps get too high outside. I like the idea but make have to build the room or use a tent in the garage_ the temp in there doesn't get below 55 because the furnace is in there and that should help keep the temp. close to 70-77 when the lights are on, and the heater could easily warm that up if needed....
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• BillyKidd
          BillyKidd commented
          Editing a comment
          My air intake is through the AC unit in the back and I have space heaters that provide plenty of heat for the whole place.
          I have the AC set for 70 and the space heaters I am using have a thermostat on them and are to kick on at 65.
          I'm in flower right now.
          When I get my 2 separate rooms built, 1 veg 1 flower, I'll use the flower side for the AC unit's temp control and have it vent into both rooms.
          I'll have vent covers to help control the AC for the veg room as well. Slide it farther open for cooler temp, or close it more for a warmer temp and I plan on setting space heater to kick on at 70, and will have to adjust by trial and error for the first few days.
          Was looking at it this weekend, and all I really need is 1 major wall, and 2 sidewalls for veg and flower rooms, and between them I will have a space I can use as a clone/seedling area to boot going this route.
          Was going to do main wall this weekend, but step-son came up from Ft. Hood this weekend, so put me off track a bit.

Quick update on the lil ladies.

Comment

That sounds like you have thought that through really well. Very nice setup. Do you have direct electrical hardwired to the grow shed or are you using extension cords? I'm presuming you have it hard wired.
          Best way to go cuz the demand is going to be substantial and could create a fire hazard if your power is being supplied with extensions. Someday I hope I can build a similar set up. Cheers!

Comment

• BillyKidd
            BillyKidd commented
            Editing a comment
            Have it hard wired from the pole outside.
            I have 2 meters here, one for house, and the other for barn and other things.

Now I'm even more jealous_ you've given me a new objective to work towards_ congrats!

Comment

• BillyKidd
            BillyKidd commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping for good weather here this weekend so I can get out and try to finish up the separating walls.
            So hopefully new pics on Monday, if not sooner.

Hopping that comes together for you. It's 20 degrees here today and the wind is blowing about 20-30mph and the snow is icy or wind packed so no fun to ski either. Just got finished defoliating and pruning.
          I'm not complaining but these girls are growing like crazy. Some up and some out. Two of them are so wide on top they look like umbrella's! I've got "journal summaries"" from the last two grows I need to post and then I'm going to try and get my act together and actually start on the present one before its done. Instead of doing it backwards. Have a great weekend.

Comment

I'M BAAAACK! Been really busy outside of doing my favorite hobby, but finally found the right time to get this all going and have pics to go with it.
            It's not to far away from being completed now! Really only have the filter and blower to remove heat and smell from the place to it, and one final go around looking for light leaks.
            In the mean while, the 2 lemons in the back should be ready to come down pretty soon, and I have 3 other small plants, of which 2 will be manifolding them and just LST'ing the hell out of the 3rd one just to see how big I can get it.
            (Not sure how many pics this place will let me post, so there may be 2 post to finish up the photos.

Comment

Very very nice Kiddo,can't wait to see the finished project. If it were mine,I'd dry wall and trim it to stop any light leaks,paint white for light reflection,and add elec.outlets, they're easy and you'll always wish you had when you need one and it aint there. And don't forget the ceiling fan!

Comment

• BillyKidd
                BillyKidd commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought about using drywall, but I don't have a very good place to work with it here, so I went with the next best thing I could think of.
                I've got plenty of electrical outlets, 1 in each room, and then using power strips that I have yet to hang up on the 2x4's crossing the top of the rooms. I have a 10'x100' roll of Panda film that I'm going to use inside.
                The most interesting thing I'm going to do in those rooms is TRY to get a drip irrigation system up and running. Going to get a small to medium size tank to put in the loft area, and run it down and around to the 2 rooms for watering. Going to put an outside faucet into the building. Then run my water hose from the well over to the faucet to get water up to the tank.
                As far as ceiling fan goes, not enough space in there to hang them, and I'm not overly fond of headaches! LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X