Autos vs Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos vs Photo

Finishing up my first auto grow and although I did a really poor job this time I am surprised they took 14 weeks. Not sure if stressful conditions contributed to longer grow or not but someone here told me that auto timelines are like photo timelines...optimist! With that said, my past photo grows have all taken about 18 weeks with a 6 week veg and have yielded between 6 to 8 oz per plant. This auto grow is well below that given the poor job I did but I'm thinking for just 4 more weeks I am better off growing photos. Opinions please...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

What strain/breeder was it mate?
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Auto was Gorilla Glue from Fastseeds but can't blame strain or breeder for outcome. That was all on me!

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok....was just wondering if Mephisto would suit you better.........fast and strong

If one tops their plant more than once or/and LST the same plant, then yeah your gonna slow down the development time. Seed producers say 80 or 90 days from seed cuz they just let it grow naturally with no impedance. Plus with autoflowers one doesn't have to worry about light leaks.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it again, Puravida!!! You prolly have to get a feel for the autos.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello PuravidaC, I'm with Alltatup, start another one, just make sure you start them in good phed coco, and feed the sh-t out of them till you see a little tip burn.
      I've grown enough photos, yeah they fun, but not like autoflowers, to me anyways, You get em started right ,they gonna grow, strong smoke too.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got more auto seeds so I will be trying again and apply what I learned this grow! I also have a couple of photo seeds that are getting old and I have a trip out of town scheduled in April so I'm going to do the photo next and try to have them start flower around the time I'm away. Never knew growing a little weed would require such planning!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X