The defoliation I've done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The defoliation I've done

You may know or not, it's my first grow. I'm just done with my first defoliation too. It taught me so many things. Defoliation lets the lower growth tips to breath CO2 getting light and become a cola, No fan leaf is able to become a cole. I think lower fan leaves and the ones have been blocked by top leaves have much usefulness evaporation without doing enough photosynthesis. I mean lower fan leaves have low photosynthesis/evaporation retio under artificial lights and it means to me that they under artificial light can prevent top leaves that are getting better light accessing more water to do photosynthesis specifically in the warm conditions. With hydroponic nutrients root is able to absorb nutrients more easily and because of this we need much less needs of fan leaves indoors than outdoors, i think. A month ago when i was reading Nebula's article about defoliation i asked myself whether defoliation has such strong effects that Nebula is tring to say or not... But today I'm almost completely agree with her. Defoliation can be a very good training indoors with hydroponic nutrients(Im not sure about soil as i know nothing about it)

Couple hours ago when i started to do defoliation i was just thinking i have to remove some leaves. After taking first leaves i couldn't stop myslef to stop taking more leaves. I had reasons for every leaves i took. It was going to make me nervous because i was recommended by Nebula's article to defoliate not more than 20 percent. Although i got her naked but i think she is more sexy than before now.

Here are some pics of what I've done. Advice me with your replies.
    ​​​​​​
    Day 39 of veg before defoliation Click image for larger version

Name:	20161118_194948.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	17671

An hour later

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161118_213339.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	17672
    ​​​​
    ​​
    leaves i took Click image for larger version

Name:	20161118_215129.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	17673
    Last edited by Iammygod; 11-19-2016, 04:31 PM.

Great Job !!!!! You do feed after you defoliate ?

Comment

• Iammygod
      Iammygod commented
      Editing a comment
      Feed means watering? Yeah... i watered them before defoliation. Wrong? If so tell me why

Looks great man...

Comment

I can only see one of your picutres, with the LST. She looks beautiful!!

Comment

You are correct - just wondering if you feed after defoliation - thanks - keep us informed about grow !!

Comment

Looking good so far
          Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
          4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

@lammygod, thanks for sharing your new experience, your plants look healthy and well trained so far. Your first 2 pics are unviewable and maybe didn't upload properly? However you can see in the last picture the one that you defoliated with the plant to the right of it just on the edge of the picture that looks untouched, and if that is any indicator of how it looked previously, then you did a great job. Looks like a pro did it.

Keep the updates coming buddy

Comment

• Iammygod
              Iammygod commented
              Editing a comment
              Got fixed?

• Lotusyde
              Lotusyde commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes sir. Looks amazing. Night and day difference. Thanks

Beautiful images of a beautiful job
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Name:	20161121_003854.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	18099

i have to defoliate this one every time before going bed and after waking up.
              Gn every one. cya later.
              Last edited by Iammygod; 11-20-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• StoneyTony
                StoneyTony commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice pic. Looks like the training is going great!

I'm going to initiate flowring but i think one of my girls sounds too bushy for floweing. She already has 16 main colas. Do colas need thier growth tips to develop buds? If not Can i cut them all? Im afraid of any cutter touch my girl because she is going to lose her leaves and stem growth on flowering.

can i cut them allllll?

Comment

• Nartak
                Nartak commented
                Editing a comment
                Give us a picture let us know what she looks like

Should i? How? Day 4 of flowering after 11 weeks veg.

Name:	20170102_180721.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	7.82 MB
ID:	36521

​​​​​​​

Comment

Hey matie,happy new year btw!!She is looking perfect!!A bit heat i might say on some leaves or it could be humidity but other than that she looks good!!

You can still start taking off the lower-no light leaves and start to kinda lollipop her!! a great picture from Nebula is this one

And this one

Fear not buddy,take a good look on this guide and you'll do fine...

Keep us posted
                Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                600W

LED
                2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                BioBizzLight Mix
                Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Iammygod
                  Iammygod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm so busy or lazy these days to read Nebula's defoliation article again. I've read it before and i knew i have to read it once again. After u gave me her article link couple minutes ago i followed the link and started to read. All NebulaHaze 's article are damn great(but not germination article. It has no number on it and i believe evey good articles need at least some numbers).

Ty. Let me read the article. Then i ask my questions if i had one
                  Millions thanks to Nebula.

cut one per site

Comment

Hi again. Ive got some questions so please let me ask them. Is it true that after week 4th plants don't need fan leave at all? If not, how many should i keep of em? Please check the pics below and tell me should i defoliate her more?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20170123_090038.jpg Views:	1 Size:	7.61 MB ID:	46696
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20170122_150704.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.00 MB ID:	46695
                  Pics are day 25 and 23 respectively
                  Last edited by Iammygod; 01-23-2017, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Ill be watching your grow. I'm a newbie and not as ballsy as you. I am under scrog and try to trim out shade but that's deep. She looks beautiful though ! Please keep posting pics.
                    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X